Sign in to follow this  
Barclaybred

DELIA..More than `many` are happy with you now! so..

that idiot who said to you that many are STILL angry about last year and STILL blame you,should get his posterior down the city and have a chat with the faithfull in the bars on a saturday..Though you probably did make mistakes last year with appointments etc,you certainly pulled it around with dumping your lapdog and hiring Mcnally,then stepping back and letting him do his biz...If you did a poll now,sure there will still be the perenial moaners,who just love to moan and pick holes,but im sure the majority would love to give you and your hubby a BIG THANK YOU!

I am a fan of Delia and all she has done, but there is no denying she made colossal mistakes, which she herself will hold her hands up to.Her, and her board''s actions got us where we are today, yes we have had a good season but only time will tell if this is a genuine turn around in the club''s fortunes or just Norwich city over achieving in a poor league.

[quote user="morty"]I am a fan of Delia and all she has done, but there is no denying she made colossal mistakes, which she herself will hold her hands up to.

Her, and her board''s actions got us where we are today, yes we have had a good season but only time will tell if this is a genuine turn around in the club''s fortunes or just Norwich city over achieving in a poor league.
[/quote]

Get us back in the premier league and I might change my mind about her.

but as far as I''m concerned she can sell up as soon as she likes its her fault we are here anyway

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="morty"]I am a fan of Delia and all she has done, but there is no denying she made colossal mistakes, which she herself will hold her hands up to.Her, and her board''s actions got us where we are today, yes we have had a good season but only time will tell if this is a genuine turn around in the club''s fortunes or just Norwich city over achieving in a poor league.[/quote]

Get us back in the premier league and I might change my mind about her.

but as far as I''m concerned she can sell up as soon as she likes its her fault we are here anyway

[/quote]I wouldn''t go as far as that to be honest, she has put a lot of money into this club that we would be screwed without. I believe that, while she acted naively, she did everything for the right reasons, which are mostly that she is a fan and wants the club to do well.

A poor league morty?!?! Nearly all the soccer pundits,and newspapers journos believe this is the toughest league 1 in a long time,if not ever!..And i agree! ..Considering the amount of teams that have recently had prem experience,and charlton and southamton both have players in their squad that were there then.Considering the amount of money spent by so called lesser clubs like Huddersfiled and condsidering a lot of clubs used loan prem players,apparently both these points,money spent and prem loans,are the biggest ever(sunday morning sky sports),Considering there are also a lot of clubs who see themselves as championship clubs, Millwall,swindon etc,and then the clubs who are supposedly on the up,MK Dons(again on that programme,one of the pundits predicts in 5 years MK dons will be a prem side with a 44,000 stadia..cant see it myself)...So it was and is a big achievement getting out at the 1st attemp..And clubs of a similar elk to us,Sheff wed, notts forest and qpr, all failed at their first attempt and that was when there was only one or 2 so called big clubs down there! ..And even the mighty man city almost failed,getting to the play off finals and scoring a late equalizer in the last minute of extra time,and going up on penalties.....So im am more than impressed we did it against all that,at the first attempt!..

PS ..if leeds and charlton fail to come up with us,and sheff wed,palace go down,then next year will even be harder!

PPS ,and the conference is also apparently harder this year than ever before due to so many recent league teams who had played at this level,down there..

It is a poor league in comparison to the one we will be competing in next season.[:)]

[quote user="morty"]I am a fan of Delia and all she has done, but there is no denying she made colossal mistakes, which she herself will hold her hands up to.

Her, and her board''s actions got us where we are today, yes we have had a good season but only time will tell if this is a genuine turn around in the club''s fortunes or just Norwich city over achieving in a poor league.
[/quote]Wot he said.[Y]

I don''t HATE Delia I''m just not thrilled to have her at our club anymore, and I believe many other supporters feel the same on this, hence the lack of Delia chants in the ground these days, prior to 2005/06 you couldn''t go to a game home or away without hearing a chorus of "Delia''s barmy army". So this tell me the tide has turned on her slightly, and rightly so IMO. She and Co have gone some way to rectifying previous mistakes this season so credit where it''s due none the less.

[quote user="Barclaybred"]that idiot who said to you that many are STILL angry about last year and STILL blame you,should get his posterior down the city and have a chat with the faithfull in the bars on a saturday..Though you probably did make mistakes last year with appointments etc,you certainly pulled it around with dumping your lapdog and hiring Mcnally,then stepping back and letting him do his biz...If you did a poll now,sure there will still be the perenial moaners,who just love to moan and pick holes,but im sure the majority would love to give you and your hubby a BIG THANK YOU![/quote]

Delia was quite pleased that idiot said that to her Barclaybred.  She was happy to be given the chance to answer the question. If you try reading what the idiot actually said he was referring to what fans post on internet forums and not in the bars on a Saturday. And as if by magic, to back this up some have appeared on this thread to shoot you down in flames.

The idiots question was taken from posts by real fans on this message board. It was asked because the idiot was fed up with these posters never asking her these questions or showing their displeasure to her apart from when they are safely behind their keyboards.

The idiot is also pleased he asked the question because when these posters ask him how he knows Delia has invested abot 12m in the club he will be able to tell them "because she told me".

Now if you want to tell Delia how well she has done I suggest you get off your posterior and keyboard and take one of the many oppurtunities she gives you to actually tell her.

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~2031757,00.html

1:21

NCFC Media Team: 

Another one from the emails we received during the week:
Hello Delia,

I''m sure most fans are as pleased as I am that we have won promotion back to the Championship at the first attempt but many fans are still unhappy about last seasons relegation and blame you for all the ills of the club. They write on message boards that the club is a shambles through successive poor managerial appointments and your prudence before ambition policy. They claim you refuse to price the club reasonably and won''t let any investors in if it means losing your majority share. How do you feel when you read these things and what drives you on to carry on spending more and more of your own money knowing some fans feel this way?

Here''s to being Champions on Saturday.

Best wishes

Eddie.

Thursday April 22, 2010 1:21 NCFC Media Team

1:24

Delia Smith: 
Hi Eddie, thank you, I think this is a really good question and one I want to answer. Just for the record, prudence with ambition was never a policy of mine or Michael''s otherwise we''d be about £12million better off! We have never priced the Club and prior to the Deloitte search we have only had one offer of cash which was for £1! Losing our majority shareholding is not, I repeat not, a problem, if it helps the Football Club. How do I feel and what drives me to carry on? What I assume we both share, and that is a deep love of our football club.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"]I am a fan of Delia and all she has done........[/quote]Wot he said.[Y][/quote]Hmm! [^o)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"]I am a fan of Delia and all she has done........[/quote]Wot he said.[Y][/quote]Hmm! [^o)][/quote]I know, it makes me uneasy when Wiz agrees with me too lol.[:D]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]LOL @ the idi.. NN.[/quote]

Far ken bog cleanin'' bingo callin'' idiot[:@]

[;)]

[/quote]Dostoevsky or Iggy Pop flavour?

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]LOL @ the idi.. NN.[/quote]

Far ken bog cleanin'' bingo callin'' idiot[:@]

[;)]

[/quote]

Dostoevsky or Iggy Pop flavour?

[/quote]

Whatever are you on about Ronseal...

You''re only s''posed to do what it says on the can..

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Barclaybred"]that idiot who said to you that many are STILL angry about last year and STILL blame you,should get his posterior down the city and have a chat with the faithfull in the bars on a saturday..Though you probably did make mistakes last year with appointments etc,you certainly pulled it around with dumping your lapdog and hiring Mcnally,then stepping back and letting him do his biz...If you did a poll now,sure there will still be the perenial moaners,who just love to moan and pick holes,but im sure the majority would love to give you and your hubby a BIG THANK YOU![/quote]

Delia was quite pleased that idiot said that to her Barclaybred.  She was happy to be given the chance to answer the question. If you try reading what the idiot actually said he was referring to what fans post on internet forums and not in the bars on a Saturday. And as if by magic, to back this up some have appeared on this thread to shoot you down in flames.

The idiots question was taken from posts by real fans on this message board. It was asked because the idiot was fed up with these posters never asking her these questions or showing their displeasure to her apart from when they are safely behind their keyboards.

The idiot is also pleased he asked the question because when these posters ask him how he knows Delia has invested abot 12m in the club he will be able to tell them "because she told me".

Now if you want to tell Delia how well she has done I suggest you get off your posterior and keyboard and take one of the many oppurtunities she gives you to actually tell her.

NCFC Media Team: 

Another one from the emails we received during the week:Hello Delia,

I''m sure most fans are as pleased as I am that we have won promotion back to the Championship at the first attempt but many fans are still unhappy about last seasons relegation and blame you for all the ills of the club. They write on message boards that the club is a shambles through successive poor managerial appointments and your prudence before ambition policy. They claim you refuse to price the club reasonably and won''t let any investors in if it means losing your majority share. How do you feel when you read these things and what drives you on to carry on spending more and more of your own money knowing some fans feel this way?

Best wishes

Eddie.

Delia Smith: 
Hi Eddie, thank you, I think this is a really good question and one I want to answer. Just for the record, prudence with ambition was never a policy of mine or Michael''s otherwise we''d be about £12million better off! We have never priced the Club and prior to the Deloitte search we have only had one offer of cash which was for £1! Losing our majority shareholding is not, I repeat not, a problem, if it helps the Football Club. How do I feel and what drives me to carry on? What I assume we both share, and that is a deep love of our football club.

[/quote]I''d like to know the ins and outs of that offer.  Seriously, was a piss take offer or a £1 offer and the buyer would clear the debts and still have change for a transfer budget.But we''ll never know because it''ll open up the debate on whether she''s looking out for her own interests or the club.

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

NCFC Media Team: 

Another one from the emails we received during the week:
Hello Delia,

Best wishes

Eddie.

Delia Smith: 

[/quote]

I''d like to know the ins and outs of that offer.  Seriously, was a piss take offer or a £1 offer and the buyer would clear the debts and still have change for a transfer budget.
But we''ll never know because it''ll open up the debate on whether she''s looking out for her own interests or the club.
[/quote]

Could be either couldn''t it? If you''re a patient sort of guy you could ask her next time.

Hi Delia.. you told that idiot last time that you were offered a quid for the club. Was it a serious offer that you turned away because you were looking after your own interests or was it a piss take?

to the OP I am still pewed off with her for allowing the rot to set in over the four years prior to this year. Just because things have turned around doesnt all of a sudden make her a saint. ask yourself this, if it wasnt for mcnally coming in what would have happened to Gunn? Delia was responsible along with the rest of the board for giving him the job. Just cos we go back up dont forget we had to go through a lot of crap to get to this point!!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

NCFC Media Team: 

Another one from the emails we received during the week:Hello Delia,

Best wishes

Eddie.

Delia Smith: 

[/quote]I''d like to know the ins and outs of that offer.  Seriously, was a piss take offer or a £1 offer and the buyer would clear the debts and still have change for a transfer budget.But we''ll never know because it''ll open up the debate on whether she''s looking out for her own interests or the club.[/quote]

Could be either couldn''t it? If you''re a patient sort of guy you could ask her next time.

Hi Delia.. you told that idiot last time that you were offered a quid for the club. Was it a serious offer that you turned away because you were looking after your own interests or was it a piss take?

[/quote]The poster doesn''t even have to be patient. If, as they say, they want to know the details of that £1 cash offer (and particularly whether it had some hidden advantages) they can email the club''s head of media straight away and ask. Should take a couple of minutes.

I should have added that although Delia uses the word "offer" it cannot actually - in strict takeover parlance - have been that, because an offer would have had to have been made public, to the shareholders. And if that had happened then any hidden advantages, such as paying off the debt, would have been revealed.So it can only have been what Cullum''s was, which was an informal proposal. I have said before that there is an incredibly simple way to test whether Delia really is prepared to sell up, and that is to make a formal offer that doesn''t benefit her but in every other way (paying off the debt, a promise of long-term funding etc) is fantastic for the club, and then see what her reaction is.And if whoever had put forward this informal £1 deal had actually been attaching all sorts of goodies on the lines indicated above then all they had to do was turn it into a formal offer. That they didn''t might suggest it really was just £1 and not a lot else.

This post is frankly beyond belief...

"Though you probably made mistakes..."

The Appointment of the worst Manager in the Club''s history to go along with Grant, Hamilton, Roeder et al.  The reappointment of the worst Manager to general disbelief would tend to mean that there is no probably in the equation.

Can I also remind you of the fans forum in the first week of the season, quote from Smith re the 7-1 "Don''t you want to give him a hug?".  She was persuaded to remove Gunn by McNally, who is in least living in the real world if we had lost 2-0 he would have been here until November with resulting consequences.

You have obviously got low expectations if you think 3rd Division Football is not a subject for moaning, our rightful place is at the very least top 6 in the Championship and possibly bottom end of Premiership.

This league is a decent one if you took the top 6 plus Southampton, the rest are some way behind the Championship.

1/5 correct appointments do not qualify for "a big thank you", thanks very much.

[quote user="jamesg"]

This post is frankly beyond belief...

"Though you probably made mistakes..."

The Appointment of the worst Manager in the Club''s history to go along with Grant, Hamilton, Roeder et al.  The reappointment of the worst Manager to general disbelief would tend to mean that there is no probably in the equation.

Can I also remind you of the fans forum in the first week of the season, quote from Smith re the 7-1 "Don''t you want to give him a hug?".  She was persuaded to remove Gunn by McNally, who is in least living in the real world if we had lost 2-0 he would have been here until November with resulting consequences.

You have obviously got low expectations if you think 3rd Division Football is not a subject for moaning, our rightful place is at the very least top 6 in the Championship and possibly bottom end of Premiership.

This league is a decent one if you took the top 6 plus Southampton, the rest are some way behind the Championship.

1/5 correct appointments do not qualify for "a big thank you", thanks very much.

[/quote]So, rather than recognise the progress we are now making in the right direction you would rather go on holding a grudge?

As an ex student of History, I think you need to reflect on the mistakes of the past to make sure they don''t happen again ie Delia must never again be allowed to run Norwich as part of her personal fiefdom.  I think the other members of the Board have asserted a very sensible balance and she is of course is fully entitled to her say unless it becomes a dictatorship which I think it has been in the recent past.

The main reason for replying however was that the original post was such an outrageous and unbalanced attempt to erase the pain of the last 5 years and who played a fairly substantial part in it, that it got me going.

Delia and her husband can rehabilitate herself for the majority of the fans but has a lot of hard work to do yet

[quote user="morty"]I am a fan of Delia and all she has done, but there is no denying she made colossal mistakes, which she herself will hold her hands up to.Her, and her board''s actions got us where we are today, yes we have had a good season but only time will tell if this is a genuine turn around in the club''s fortunes or just Norwich city over achieving in a poor league.[/quote]But she''s a woman so how''s that work then ?( braces himself for torrent of abuse....)

[quote user="jamesg"]

As an ex student of History, I think you need to reflect on the mistakes of the past to make sure they don''t happen again ie Delia must never again be allowed to run Norwich as part of her personal fiefdom.  I think the other members of the Board have asserted a very sensible balance and she is of course is fully entitled to her say unless it becomes a dictatorship which I think it has been in the recent past.

The main reason for replying however was that the original post was such an outrageous and unbalanced attempt to erase the pain of the last 5 years and who played a fairly substantial part in it, that it got me going.

Delia and her husband can rehabilitate herself for the majority of the fans but has a lot of hard work to do yet

[/quote]

Couldn`t agree more [Y].  But she certainly deserves credit for allowing/encouraging the changes in the power base at the club, just as she deserved blame for the dreadful decline since the Prem.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]I should have added that although Delia uses the word "offer" it cannot actually - in strict takeover parlance - have been that, because an offer would have had to have been made public, to the shareholders. And if that had happened then any hidden advantages, such as paying off the debt, would have been revealed.

So it can only have been what Cullum''s was, which was an informal proposal. I have said before that there is an incredibly simple way to test whether Delia really is prepared to sell up, and that is to make a formal offer that doesn''t benefit her but in every other way (paying off the debt, a promise of long-term funding etc) is fantastic for the club, and then see what her reaction is.

And if whoever had put forward this informal £1 deal had actually been attaching all sorts of goodies on the lines indicated above then all they had to do was turn it into a formal offer. That they didn''t might suggest it really was just £1 and not a lot else.
[/quote]

Or it might suggest that Delia said "Not a chance" to the informal proposal and whoever made it decided it wasn`t worth the time, expense and tumult of a formal offer which couldn`t possibly succeed.

[/quote]

Hell will freeze over first.  She has never taken an ounce of responsibility for any of the mistakes.  For example, look at her reply to nutty''s email: "just for the record, prudence with ambition was never a policy of mine or Michael''s".  Either it''s weasel words, ie. although they didn''t actually come up with the policy themselves they did agree with it, or for over a decade they let Doomcaster adopt a policy they didn''t agree with.

Suddenly, now that things are looking up, it''s all down to Delia . . . will people never wake up???

I know, all you Delia critics, why don''t you form an angry, torch bearing mob and go and protest outside Carrow road until Delia leaves the club.Oh and if you could have a quick whip round to pay her back the £12,000,000 she will want as she''s on her way out that would be smashing.[:)]