Sign in to follow this  
USA Canary

Points Deduction for the Colchester Debacle!!!

[quote user="USA Canary"]

Does anyone know or think we could get a points deduction over the Paul Lambert saga with Colchester.  This would really put a downer on things.  Colchester seem to think we deserve a points deduction over this.  Is anyone else worried that this could happen?

http://www.greenun24.co.uk/colchester-united/date_set_for_norwich_city_disciplinary_hearing_1_215744

[/quote]No team has ever had points taken away for poaching a manager.  And not even you are worried that this could happen, you old drama queen.

I heard we are having to give them Holt, Mcnamee, Hoolahan, Doc, and Chrissy M as compensation and also doing a ground swap.

Oh and Mcveigh too.. although apparently Norwich will appeal against losing Mcveigh.

[quote user="USA Canary"]

Does anyone know or think we could get a points deduction over the Paul Lambert saga with Colchester.  This would really put a downer on things.  Colchester seem to think we deserve a points deduction over this.  Is anyone else worried that this could happen?

http://www.greenun24.co.uk/colchester-united/date_set_for_norwich_city_disciplinary_hearing_1_215744

[/quote]NO!!!! now do stop worrying we will be crowned Champs saturday[Y]

As the bookies have now started paying out expect loads of counter compo claims against the FL if points are deducted now.

What a sad, runt of a tin pot ruddy club Col Who are.

It said in the East Anglian that they might take promotion away from us![^o)] Their whole club is a joke! If  we were going to get punished for stealing Lambert then somthing would have been done ages ago when Col Who first made the stupid complaint!

It''s been well documented that Cowling gave Lambert permission to speak to Norwich, all that will be sorted is financial compensation.

[quote user="Barclay Bear"]

It said in the East Anglian that they might take promotion away from us![^o)] Their whole club is a joke! If  we were going to get punished for stealing Lambert then somthing would have been done ages ago when Col Who first made the stupid complaint!

[/quote]Er? It said no such thing!

Only a possible point deduction.

[quote user="AndyCanary"]I love your siggies Harry :)[/quote]It will change again when we are Champions. [:)]

Do you think Delia would allow Norwich City to break the rules?Would you think Delia would allow Norwich City to stay up past it''s bedtime?

I can''t see anything more than a compensation package being arranged, but can''t help shake the annoying thought of something more.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Barclay Bear"]

[/quote]Er? It said no such thing!

Only a possible point deduction.

[/quote]

Wiz!!!  Honestly!!!!  If we WERE deducted more than 1 point and lost our remaining games, whilst Millwall and Leeds won theirs - then we''re in the playoffs

Personally I think the league are waiting for the end of the season to pronounce their ''sentence'' (assuming we''re guilty) - they''ll have the hearing next week and then delay the judgement for a couple of weeks.  Providing we are well clear by then they MAY deduct one or 2 points - enough to make a point (and possibly set a precedent to scare other clubs) but not enough to alter the season''s result.  Otherwise they end up facing all sorts of legal challenges that would take months to sort and would create merry hell for sorting next years fixtures

What would be really funny however is the league finding Col Who''s issue ''frivolous'' and giving THEM a points deduction.  About 30.  Enough to see them into league 2.......

Won''t happen. More to the point, can''t happen. End of.

As has already been said, no club has ever had points deducted for ''poaching'' a manager-and its even questionable as to whether we ''poached'' him or not. If we were deducted points, we could cite every single other instance of managers upping and leaving ''A'' in order to go to ''B''; take also into accounts, transfers-players move clubs freely and regularly, they are approached and terms are discussed whilst they are still under contract, moves are made, clubs say "so and so will not leave, he is under contract" but players always do, and the transfer fee is the compensation paid.

It should have all been sorted out there and then, but, with McNally at the helm, I can''t see the club not doing anything by now for no good reason-he must be pretty sure of where we stand, and, I guess, completely happy with letting it go to tribunal. Colchester -or rather, their Chairman-have had a hissy fit, Cowling is playing at being the "big man" to win support from their fans, and to be seen to be giving what they see as the bully, a bloody nose. Time and time again since Lambert left, he has spouted off in the media, including pronouncing that, in Boothroyd, they have the "better man" anyway, and I can''t see the FL looking at his comments and thinking anything other than him being the big mouth he is and responding accordingly.

If points were deducted, we would appeal and have a very strong case to appeal and would win.

Its a financial settlement that will come from this, and, to quote from ''Blackadder'', "pay the man Edmund, and to hell with his impertinence"

Cowling reported us in November. The hearing is in late April, which really tells you everything you need to know about how serious a matter the FL think this is. I think Old Shuck is spot on with his assessment.[|-)]

[quote user="Beauseant"]Cowling reported us in November. The hearing is in late April, which really tells you everything you need to know about how serious a matter the FL think this is. I think Old Shuck is spot on with his assessment.[|-)][/quote]

Quite agree plus McNally said at the forum there would be no points deduction - so stop worrying people [:)]

We''ll pay them about £350k and that will be that.

What annoys me most is the pathetic "Green-un" trying to whip up a story to try to spite us.

As has been said any points deduction and its most unlikely there would be any would be a 1 point one.

In fact that would be preferable to any fine as it would have no effect whatsoever!  The "story" is a big non event from the same stable as that ugly "award winning" binner whose name escapes me but has the prose of a 5 year old.

[quote user="canaryjock"]£350k is rather a lot of money CA. That''s another Grant Holt![/quote]

Yeah but it''s not just Lambert, it is his assistants as well.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Beauseant"]Cowling reported us in November. The hearing is in late April, which really tells you everything you need to know about how serious a matter the FL think this is. I think Old Shuck is spot on with his assessment.[|-)][/quote]

Quite agree plus McNally said at the forum there would be no points deduction - so stop worrying people [:)]

We''ll pay them about £350k and that will be that.

[/quote]

How long would £350k @ Â£20 a week take to pay back? lol [:)]

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

Won''t happen. More to the point, can''t happen. End of.

As has already been said, no club has ever had points deducted for ''poaching'' a manager

[/quote]That may well be true but it doesn''t take a genius to work out that the footbal authorities would very much like there to be a first time. In other words a proven case where they can dock a point or three from a club that has a few to spare (and so it won''t make a difference to the guilty party) as a theoretical punishment, but a punishment that sets a precedent and acts as a warning that other clubs should stop doing in the future what they''ve done in the past because when they get hit with a deduction it might well matter.Now I am not saying we ARE that case (and my guess is we won''t be docked points) but the argument that is has never happened so it never will is a dangerous one on which to rely.

Col who are basically admitting boothroyd is a crap manager (which we knew already) by bleating on about losing Lambert all the time and wanting compensation.I bet Robbie Cowling goes to visit Santa every year and bleats about how he didn''t get that BMX when he was 7 because fat Timmy Jenkins up the street did instead... get over it you muppet!

Not even been found guilty of anything yet. Even if we are there will be a modest fine and guide to compensation. The fact that Boothroyd did so well up until the final weeks will hardly go in Colchesters favour either

[quote user="jamesg"]

What annoys me most is the pathetic "Green-un" trying to whip up a story to try to spite us.

As has been said any points deduction and its most unlikely there would be any would be a 1 point one.

In fact that would be preferable to any fine as it would have no effect whatsoever!  The "story" is a big non event from the same stable as that ugly "award winning" binner whose name escapes me but has the prose of a 5 year old.

[/quote]

That pathetic "Green''Un" have the nerve to say "NORWICH City fans might want to keep the champagne on ice for just a little bit longer."

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[quote user="canaryjock"]£350k is rather a lot of money CA. That''s another Grant Holt![/quote]

Yeah but it''s not just Lambert, it is his assistants as well.

[/quote]Cheap price to pay considering he got us promoted