Sign in to follow this  
olster

Helveg?

Just wondering how helveg done as second half sub on sat?

Did he play central midfield? or in defence?

He played central midfield and played well. Did everything that i expect Worthy asked him to do..be solid, hold his position and get in amongst them. Savage was anonymous in the second half. He was ''out-savaged'' by Helveg if that makes sense!

came on centre midfield for holt. a bit shaky at first, then got better as the game went on, made a lot of time for the other players where previously they were constantly under pressure due to poor passing

should start next match

I was wondering the same.  I watched the 50 min highlights on SKY and from I did see of him he was always making a nice crisp pass and slowing things down.  I also noticed once again a big difference between the positioning of both Mullers and Helveg compared to Holt.   Holt seems to always run straight to a position right in front of the defense when he loses it, whereas Helveg and Mullers sit a little further up the pitch.  I would like to hear from someone that was actually there though?  (OH by the way  it was a straight swap into midifeld for Holt).

I hope he starts with Helveg and Mullers this weekend.   I would also like to see Bentley switched to the left and Jonsson back on the right.  Also Leon must start over Svensson surely?   Any thoughts or opinions on any of this?

sat in defensive midfield mode winning the tackles and playing the easy ball. class act if he doesnt play against fulham that will be the last we see of him. and i will be gutted. go on thomas my son!!!!!

i think that helveg and jonson should both be given first team places

for me its:

---------Green----------
Eddy-Flem-Charlton-Drury
------Mullers Helveg-----
-Jonson--------Huckerby-
---Mckenzie--Svensson--

Subs: Safri, Bently, Shackel, MCveigh (if fit) and Crow

he certainly did enough to warrant a start against fulham and he will have to play centre half instead of holty because eddy is playing so well at right back

If it''s any help, Worthy  when asked about Helveg''s performance in the Birmingham game said :-

"..did well..passed well...won his headers..slowed the game down..overall a very good performance !"

KWIM ?

If he starts Saturday, lets start chanting his name and give him a boost. He is a class player and with the fan''s backing will prove it.

The only song I can think for him is the usual "one Thomas Helveg, there''s only one Thomas Helveg"

Sounds like alternative speak for "he''s earned a start on Saturday" then Jim!  I''d love to see him play a full 90 minutes and be our rock in the middle, keeping his head when (hopefully) Fulham start to lose theirs!

Yeah would like to see him play more in midfield

I hope he does not leave during the jan transfer window

Agree with Rustyboy about giving him a lift by singing for him - especially at home. Body language says a lot, and at B''ham he was quite remote during the warm ups, and when leaving the pitch after this and the end of the match there was only a perfunctory clap from Thomas without even looking at the fans!

We know we can create a special relationship with our players, so even if he is an old pro who''s seen it all before some of that magic might just help. I for one have seen enough to believe that given a series of run-outs he will add value to our team, and if we can help him achieve this then so much the better (and quicker hopefully!)