Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Jim Brennan Retires

The best game i ever saw him play was actually against city! When he was at Forest before we signed him, away at the City ground, him and Huckerby ripped us apart! we lost 4-0 and Hucks scored twice and Brennan may have got on the score sheet. Seems young to be retiring though.

Was my favourite player when i was watching city in 2004 season. Scored a cracker against everton too.

I forget which game it was but I remember him scoring a cracker in our Championship year in the last 10 minutes or so and I went nuts listening in my car. Nearly crashed.

I think someone else scored to make it 2-0. Anyone remember who the opposition was?

I went to that game at Forest - Hucks gave poor Steeno a torrid time that day!

They played with Hucks, David Johnson and Marlon Harewood in a rather potent front 3!

I liked Brennan too but he was frustrating at times - bit like Rivers on the other side in that neither quite reached the heights that they might have done.

[quote user="Babyface"]I forget which game it was but I remember him scoring a cracker in our Championship year in the last 10 minutes or so and I went nuts listening in my car. Nearly crashed.

I think someone else scored to make it 2-0. Anyone remember who the opposition was?[/quote]Coventry - Gary Holt got the first goal I think.

Yes, was Coventry away.  Holt scored a bundled first and Brennan (with his odd haircut at the time) the second from memory.

[quote user="CDMullins"]I have to confess, I copied the Brennan blonde stripe, in my hair![/quote]LOL Me too and swiftly got sent home from school :)

Was an arrogant prick off the field and a typical lazy player who thought he was a lot better than he actually was on the field. Did have some talent though but was quite happy to pick up his money and not play very often as he did for much of his time here. Had a fit bird though!

Shame he''s retired. He was decent but not amazing.

East Enders was never the same after he left too...he gave life to Dots character...I havent watched the awful program since.