Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Hitting the post..

...I have had this question on my mind for a little while now and have only come to asking now.

When you hit the post people call this '' OFF TARGET'', but what if a player scores and it hit the post on the way in? is that off target or on target???

if the ball goes in its on target..

..but if it hits the post its of target

i was hoping someone with a few more years of footballing knowledge could clear it up [;)]

If it goes in off the post it''s on target. If it rebounds out of goal it''s off target.

Just like when Drinks plays darts. If the dart goes in off the wire it counts while if it rebounds on the floor it doesn''t.

So young Nana... what if it hits the post and then hits the back of the keepers head before going in the goal?

It is therefore an own goal by the keeper, because the original shot was OFF TARGET [;)]

I seem to remember that happening to Lee Camp against Sheffield Wednesday. Think it hit the bar, then his head and then trickled over the line.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

If it goes in off the post it''s on target. If it rebounds out of goal it''s off target.

Just like when Drinks plays darts. If the dart goes in off the wire it counts while if it rebounds on the floor it doesn''t.

So young Nana... what if it hits the post and then hits the back of the keepers head before going in the goal?

[/quote]then your playing fifa [;)]

[/quote]

Im sure if it hits the floor he still tries to count the score it  would have got though [;)]

[/quote]

Hey NN can''t wait for the next pups night to try this - Billy won''t know whats hit him! [D]

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Hey NN can''t wait for the next pups night to try this - Billy won''t know whats hit him! [D]

[/quote]

[:D]