Sign in to follow this  
Brum Uni Canary

Worthy is keeping Helveg

Good stuff...I would just like to see him playing more. It would have been a shame to lose one of our only internationally experienced players because he should bring something different to the team.

Agree with that Brum, as long as Helveg fights for his place and accepts that he''s not guaranteed a place on past exploits.So far he hasn''t stood out as an experienced international and one could be forgiven for thinking that he''s using the club as a final '' top up before retirement exercise ''. At the moment he''s unlikely to replace Edworthy in his favoured position, therefore right-midfield or the holding role would be favourite. The question then is, would you play him instead of Holt, Safri, Francis, Jonson or Bentley????....In the end the decision remains the same, prove you''re the best and you''ll be picked, failure to do that and there''s plenty to replace you.

this is the best news we have had for ages in my opinion.  Thomas is going to be great for us.  Now I''m not slating Holt or anything, but once Francis is back again he is definitely 4th choice to partner him in my opinion, Mullers, Helveg and Safri would be picked before him.

I would love to see a Helveg and Mullers start at the weekend, a real chance for him to prove all you doubters wrong.  I also beleive centre back over Charlton and move Charlton to left back is a viable option.  Drury just isn''t stopping enough crosses and in the air we are poor.

I would agree with your proviso Aubrey, except that this isn''t some has-been - he''s current captain of a very good national side. So I''d like to think that he''ll get up to speed soon and be a major asset for us.

[quote]Good stuff...I would just like to see him playing more. It would have been a shame to lose one of our only internationally experienced players because he should bring something different to the team.[/quote]

I''m dead chuffed Brum Uni C, about this Helveg buisiness. Mind you, contracts mean nothing these days!.

IMO, steady Eddie is playing too well to be dropped, and what happens when Francis is fit again?.

If Thomas can see, that no one has a divine right to play (except Hucks because he is divine!) and that being part of the squad is what matters most, then everything may work out OK.

Time to dust off my trusty Fickle-Fan-Ometer again.

How long ago was it posters were baying for his blood. Useless. Hopeless. Can''t pass. Overrated. etc etc. Now he''s flavour of the month.

Personally, I''m pleased.

Who next for the F-F-O??

I only hope this isn''t just an attempt to increase his asking price in any contract negotiations. If he still wants to go, he''ll go, and Worthy won''t be able to stop him.

[quote]I won''t say I told you so[/quote]

Peter: Isn''t hindsight a wonderful thing?.

But to be fair to you, you have always have backed Thomas to come good, that I''ll grant you.

Ar*e licking over!. 

[quote]I won''t say I told you so[/quote]

its just so peter can keep his avater for the pinkun forum!

You should be thanking worthy pete!!