Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

If we play like that next year then theres only one way we're going.

Hoolahans absence stood out like a sore thumb today. We were sh** against Stockport and again today.This isnt just a knee jerk reaction because I fully acknowledge our season has on the whole been a success. Oh and the ref is not an excuse today. If the ref doesnt give you a decision then instead of whinging GET ON WITH THE F*CKING GAME! Nothing we do or the players say will change the refs mind.

We were sh**? really? we probably had 60%+ of the possession today, and monday, didn''t really let MK or stockport in the games, its just a few mistakes (which happen), and an unlucky patch...Today the playerd wree fouled loads, and we didn''t make anything from the free-kicks.... Grant Holt could have scored a hatrick..... Martin could have gotten another, we should have had a penalty......we wern''t bad, we wern''t brilliant, and i think thats the problem.....unless we dominate, make no mistakes, win by a few clear goals, its just not good enough....

[quote user="Title chasing CT "]Hoolahans absence stood out like a sore thumb today. We were sh** against Stockport and again today.This isnt just a knee jerk reaction because I fully acknowledge our season has on the whole been a success. Oh and the ref is not an excuse today. If the ref doesnt give you a decision then instead of whinging GET ON WITH THE F*CKING GAME! Nothing we do or the players say will change the refs mind.

[/quote]What? You are joking right? We dominated the game, could and should have scored a number of goals and were robbed of 3 points and flowing football by the appalling referee.Idiotic post.

If we play against a team like that next year one would hope that between the 4 officials on duty they can get the majority of decisions correct.

The 2 x 2 footed tackles ion the first half probably should both have been reds!!

I couldn''t disagree more, the only time it was 11 v 11 was when their player got sent off, the ref was that shocking, that and the fact that their goalkeeper pulled off at least 4 top class saves denied us from stuffing them, we p*ssed on them in the second half, if we play like that next season we won''t go down.

[quote user="Title chasing CT "]Hoolahans absence stood out like a sore thumb today. We were sh** against Stockport and again today.This isnt just a knee jerk reaction because I fully acknowledge our season has on the whole been a success. Oh and the ref is not an excuse today. If the ref doesnt give you a decision then instead of whinging GET ON WITH THE F*CKING GAME! Nothing we do or the players say will change the refs mind.[/quote]http://www.hairybaby.com/catalog/images/HBK0092.attentionpink.jpg

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

Looks like your post has gone down well, then...

[/quote]

You have to understand with this guy that content is unimportant but numbers are!!

Yes we dominated the game and yes it has been a great season but even if we had won every game, from Tranmere onwards, 5-0 I would still think we will struggle next season.

All this talk that Holt will score 20 goals again next season is nonsense.  In this season he has shown that whenever he comes up agaisn''t a good defender he is non exisistent, i.e. Leeds game.  Also, I know he has scored 30 goals but he has missed a hell of a lot of chances and easy ones too.  Tranmere away he went around the keeper and then fluffed it, he did the same thing at home a few weeks before and he should have had a hatrick today.  In the Championship he wont get as many chances and he has to put away the ones he does get.

Our defence, even our first choice one, which I think will be Spillane - Askou - Whitbread - Drury, will not be quite strong enough I doubt.  It may be fairly solid at times but agaisnt any good striker, or someone with pace, they will struggle.

We have to get a decent keeper because, judging by Rudd today he might not be quite ready to make the step up and I also think that we wont get Forster back.

And finally the midfield needs strengthning.  Smith I''m certain will make the step up, Russel has sort of found his level, Lappin has definately found his level and Hoolahan just as he showed us last year is just going to get knocked of the ball.

We quite simply havn''t got the money to be a success and we will need it because this team will come straight back down.  We must get an investment of some sort.

Let''s just get this season out of the way before we start worrying about next year. Do you honestly think that we''ll go into the Championship with what we''ve got and nothing else?

This thread is attention seeking worthy of Wiz.

[quote user="Boyo"]

Yes we dominated the game and yes it has been a great season but even if we had won every game, from Tranmere onwards, 5-0 I would still think we will struggle next season.

All this talk that Holt will score 20 goals again next season is nonsense.  In this season he has shown that whenever he comes up agaisn''t a good defender he is non exisistent, i.e. Leeds game.  Also, I know he has scored 30 goals but he has missed a hell of a lot of chances and easy ones too.  Tranmere away he went around the keeper and then fluffed it, he did the same thing at home a few weeks before and he should have had a hatrick today.  In the Championship he wont get as many chances and he has to put away the ones he does get.

Our defence, even our first choice one, which I think will be Spillane - Askou - Whitbread - Drury, will not be quite strong enough I doubt.  It may be fairly solid at times but agaisnt any good striker, or someone with pace, they will struggle.

We have to get a decent keeper because, judging by Rudd today he might not be quite ready to make the step up and I also think that we wont get Forster back.

And finally the midfield needs strengthning.  Smith I''m certain will make the step up, Russel has sort of found his level, Lappin has definately found his level and Hoolahan just as he showed us last year is just going to get knocked of the ball.

We quite simply havn''t got the money to be a success and we will need it because this team will come straight back down.  We must get an investment of some sort.

[/quote]

Is this why you are not a football manager??

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Let''s just get this season out of the way before we start worrying about next year. Do you honestly think that we''ll go into the Championship with what we''ve got and nothing else?

[/quote]You really dont think we''ll struggle next year? Hmmm ok then [:|]

[quote user="Title chasing CT "][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

You really dont think we''ll struggle next year? Hmmm ok then [:|]
[/quote]

Did you actually read my post?

[quote user="Title chasing CT "][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

You really dont think we''ll struggle next year? Hmmm ok then [:|]
[/quote]

Nope I don`t.

But then I bow to your superior intelligence and footballing knowledge and look forward to seeing you interred as PL`s assistant!

[quote user="Title chasing CT "]Hoolahans absence stood out like a sore thumb today. We were sh** against Stockport and again today.This isnt just a knee jerk reaction because I fully acknowledge our season has on the whole been a success. Oh and the ref is not an excuse today. If the ref doesnt give you a decision then instead of whinging GET ON WITH THE F*CKING GAME! Nothing we do or the players say will change the refs mind.Am I the  only person who feels that we have been pretty sh** since Christmas?But we can play sh** in this league and still win.That wo''nt happen next season, most teams in the Champ will tonk us.

[/quote]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

I''m not saying we wont buy, I''m saying we have to buy.  The only reason I went through all the effort to type all of that was because some people say (including neil adams) that the team we have now could do really well in Championship when they blatently wont.  Wake up everybody, we have a very good League 1 team nothing better nothing worse.

[quote user="the duke of norfolk"][quote user="Title chasing CT "]Hoolahans absence stood out like a sore thumb today. We were sh** against Stockport and again today.

This isnt just a knee jerk reaction because I fully acknowledge our season has on the whole been a success.

Oh and the ref is not an excuse today. If the ref doesnt give you a decision then instead of whinging GET ON WITH THE F*CKING GAME! Nothing we do or the players say will change the refs mind.

Am I the  only person who feels that we have been pretty sh** since Christmas?

But we can play sh** in this league and still win.

That wo''nt happen next season, most teams in the Champ will tonk us.

[/quote][/quote]

I agree 100% with you Duke, there is a massive gap in quality between League 1 and the Championship and some people don''t realise it.

[quote user="Boyo"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

I''m not saying we wont buy, I''m saying we have to buy.  The only reason I went through all the effort to type all of that was because some people say (including neil adams) that the team we have now could do really well in Championship when they blatently wont.  Wake up everybody, we have a very good League 1 team nothing better nothing worse.

[/quote]

I don''t think too many would disagree. Of course we need to strengthen, but my point is that saying we''ll struggle when you don''t know what our squad will look like next year is tilting at windmills at this stage.

[quote user="Boyo"]

[/quote]

Huh...

Agree with Mccanary, youre not gonna be the next Lambo are you! [^o)]

[quote user="the duke of norfolk"][quote user="Title chasing CT "]Hoolahans absence stood out like a sore thumb today. We were sh** against Stockport and again today.This isnt just a knee jerk reaction because I fully acknowledge our season has on the whole been a success. Oh and the ref is not an excuse today. If the ref doesnt give you a decision then instead of whinging GET ON WITH THE F*CKING GAME! Nothing we do or the players say will change the refs mind.Am I the  only person who feels that we have been pretty sh** since Christmas?But we can play sh** in this league and still win.That wo''nt happen next season, most teams in the Champ will tonk us.

[/quote][/quote]Exactly duke! Take stockport for example- had we played like that v a championship team we''d have got thumped. Dont bother coming back with ''you can only beat who you play'' well its almost championship time so it is time to start thinking about next season.That said- we''ll be a FAAAAR better side with Hoolahan back in the side.