Sign in to follow this  
Methane

Gillingham a must-win game

Another very average performance, not helped by a dodgy ref and a team of dirty ince clones, convinces me that if Millwall -Leeds keep winning then the next home game will define our seson.

Can see us picking up perhaps a point at Orient but none at the Valley and our lead being down to 2 points by the Gillingham game.

Great free kick by Martin but otherwise 96 minutes of bluster and lack of creativity. Most of our midfield can''t even score from Ian Crook crosses unopposed in the warm-up so what chance when there are 4 defenders to beat.

Nelson and Doc never missed a tackle. Martin was awful again, Spillane must be due a recall.

[quote user="Docs Big Nose at the Heart of the Defence"]

[quote user="Askounin"]Think he means Russel Martin, not Chris[/quote]

Russell Martin was our best player today whereas Chrissy was poor.

[/quote]Funny how people see the game differently - Chris wasn''t at his best but still had a couple of phenomenal touches (namely that first-time volleyed pass in first half and his free kick), and at the end of the day did what no one else in the team could do, and earn us a point. I thought Russell Martin was improved from his previous performances, but still not as solid as the rest of the defence, as he looks quite shaky in the air.

I thought R Martin was poor again. I don''t think his distribution is great and doesn''t offer enough going forward. Spillane must gt a chance soon if fit. When better than against the Os, he had a cracking game against them at CR. Got to keep C Martin on the pitch as he is scoring goals!

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Docs Big Nose at the Heart of the Defence"]

[quote user="Askounin"]Think he means Russel Martin, not Chris[/quote]

Russell Martin was our best player today whereas Chrissy was poor.

[/quote]Funny how people see the game differently - Chris wasn''t at his best but still had a couple of phenomenal touches (namely that first-time volleyed pass in first half and his free kick), and at the end of the day did what no one else in the team could do, and earn us a point. I thought Russell Martin was improved from his previous performances, but still not as solid as the rest of the defence, as he looks quite shaky in the air.[/quote]Agree, he looked quite good going forward and provided a few decent crosses on his right and left foot but defensively he looked quite nervous and he does struggle in the air

Yes sorry I meant Russell Martin was awful, Chris was ok considering the lack of any quality supply to him.

It seems our full backs are programmed to hit 40 yard diagonals into the box. Basically if backs and wingers don''t get to the dead ball line the forwards are on a hiding to nothing.

When you play without a recognised winger on either wing the full backs must get forward.

I''m confident we will win when Gillingham come to visit us - they have an amazing home record are the only League 1 side that still hasn''t won away from home this season.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Poor?  Scored a goal didn''t he that got us the draw? [:^)][/quote]He did and a beauty it was too but that doesn''t necessarily follow his overall performances was that good.