Sign in to follow this  
Ginja

Rough game tomorrow...

I''d thought my total hatred of all things MK Dons had reached a limit. Apparently not, after seeing that.

They are known as the MK Thugs in our household. Here''s three quotes from the report of the game earlier in the season: -

1 City''s hosts were clearly shaken, and Lewis Gobern clattered into left-back Adam Drury and earned himself a ticking off as MK struggled to settle

2 The hosts were making few inroads, and former City midfielder Luke Chadwick showed his frustration with a hack on Hughes that earned him a yellow card - and Hughes a trip down the tunnel on a stretcher

3 Having lost Hughes, City were forced into another change on 26 minutes when Drury limped off, having failed to overcome a knock sustained earlier in the game

And I see to recall Chris Martin received some attention as well after his early goal.

They were an absolute disgrace that night and unfortunately Grant Holt got no protection from the referee either. The tackles on Drury and Hughes were absolutely appalling. If those two had stayed on we probably would have won. They were both playing really well and it just wasnt the kind of game where you wanted both Smith (who has developed incredibly since then) and Adeyemi in the midifeld.

We need a strong referee today, one who will stamp his authority early on in the game and let MK Dons know they can''t get away with their dirty tactics. MK Dons are a mid league team at best and it should be a walk in the park so long as our players get the protection they need from the referee.

Maybe so GPD but don''t forget the other club''s results come into the equation too. Our defeat at Tranmere didn''t do us much harm. And I think we did pretty well when Holty was suspended last time.

Always look on the bright side of life mate [H]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Oh, and let''s hope todays ref clamps down on the thugs from the off[Y]

[/quote]its kevin friend from the prem so i guess he will be stamping down on things as they dont tend to let much go when they move down divisions

[quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]Agreed Nutty. I think I''ve been a Canary too long mate!![/quote]

We just need to get over that line!

Let''s hope we take a huge stride forwards today.

[quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]Well our worst fears nearly came true. Terrible Ref, cheating opponents, Holt booked. Thank God for Chrissy Martin. I''m off for a beer.[/quote]

I thought about this thread when we were losing and Holt got booked. But we still had the character and spirit to get a point when I honestly didn''t think it was going to be our day. But we started the game 9 points clear and because of other results ended it 8 points clear. Now there''s only five more to play.