Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Simon Lappin and Russell Martin....

Lappin- Never stopped today, i thought he was really passionate, was trying to get things to work, even still tries to score, hes unlucky with some stuff, but i think he deserves some credit, he really does try his best, and still shows he is a good footballer...And as for R. Martin, he was great today wasn''t he? (apart form i belive it was him who assisted their goal....) the second half, he had to do a lot of attacking unsupported, untill Holt or Martin came to assisst, and Macnamee while still no was floating around more, didn''t have too much to do defensivley, but his attacking was great in my opinion today, and it has made me change my mind about him greatly....

Much better post than your referee one, I actually agree with you, think Lappin has tried hard all season, really would love to see him score, must always play ahead of Mcnamee, can''t believe people on here saying Lappin is poor. Close to player of the season for me for the way he has come back from training with youth team etc, He gives 100% every game.Well done to him.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Lappin- Never stopped today, i thought he was really passionate, was trying to get things to work, even still tries to score, hes unlucky with some stuff, but i think he deserves some credit, he really does try his best, and still shows he is a good footballer...

And as for R. Martin, he was great today wasn''t he? (apart form i belive it was him who assisted their goal....) the second half, he had to do a lot of attacking unsupported, untill Holt or Martin came to assisst, and Macnamee while still no was floating around more, didn''t have too much to do defensivley, but his attacking was great in my opinion today, and it has made me change my mind about him greatly....
[/quote]

Funnily enough these are the exact two who I thought played really well today.

Completely agree, and I was glad because it seems to me these two are often unfairly used as scapegoats.

[quote user="Queen B"]Completely agree, and I was glad because it seems to me these two are often unfairly used as scapegoats.
[/quote]

Well said, Lappin has suffered on here all season, certain people wanting mcnamee playing in place of him, not a chance on todays display.

Russell Martin was woeful today!he missed too many tackles, gave the ball away too much, his first touch was so good that his second touch was a header and he provided no support to McNamee what so ever!he didnt get forward, floated every single cross instead of drilling them and had a poor game today!a shame as i think he is fairly solid normally.

I thought Russell Martin produced the moment of the game. He drove forward and put in a fantastic ball across the box which Holt should have buried but fired it straight at Gueret.

Thought they both did ok today, but certainly not great, although better than usual.Would much rather see Spillane in than R. Martin Think Lappin is very poor, am i the only one who struggles to see what he actually offers us? He''s poor both going forward and defensively. Slow, weak and so many times aimlessly passes to the opposition. Russell Martin, Lappin and Nelson should all be released at the end of the season in my opinion (if we do go up) as they won''t even be good enough squad players for the championship