Sign in to follow this  
the duke of norfolk

A ball player is needed in the centre of the park.

Have to say that without Wes we lack any creativity from the centre of midfield. The ball is always being played sideways and backwards. A couple of "Safri" type midfielders would be nice for next season and get rid of Gill and OTJ.

Agree that someone in the Safri mould would help massively.

However, the one thing that struck me yesterday was how slow City are as a team.  We desperately need some more pace in the side especially at full back and on the wing.  The main reason why 4-4-2 doesn''t work so well is that we have nobody with the speed to get in behind teams. Therefore teams can push up and pressure our midfield with little danger of being caught out

I also think a left winger is needed. The amount of times in yesterdays game that the ball was played to Drury and he had acres of space in front of him on the left but he played the ball sideways again inside to the midfield I lost count. Lappin in not the answer if we play 4 4 2.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Hughes?  Think he should play alongside Russell or Smith in a 4-4-2 as those two are too similar to each other.
[/quote]

Good shout Graham. Hughes is the most creative option available and, in my view, has hardly ever been used in his most effective role.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Hughes?  Think he should play alongside Russell or Smith in a 4-4-2 as those two are too similar to each other.[/quote]Good shout. He came here with such a high reputation, he''s got the highest wage?, and he is the best rated on fifa. [:P] All indicates that he should be pretty good, I like this idea anyway.

Agreed...Hughes needs a decent run though. Can put his foot on the ball and dictate play a will when on his game, but unfortunately hasn''t done it enough when he''s had the chance...OR he''s been played on the flank which doesn’t suit him. Saw him at his best away at Southend. Ok, it was only Southend but he definitely benefited from sitting deeper (he had replaced the banned rusty i think?) and was spreading it about perfectly as he could see the game in front of him.

hope he has more of a run without injury and plays to his full ability next season.