Sign in to follow this  
Barclaybred

Rewatched the game..It was Accidental!..

The guy was clearly just jumping up with his hand outstretched to the heavens,as he had spotted a family member and was about to acknowledge them,and as the ref saw the ball just happend to hit his raised hand...

just a quick question....how did you re-watch the game?(oh and has any one said it was accidental? even Ince said it was a penalty....)

[quote user="Gingerpele"]not really very sarcastic though is it.....
[/quote]

[:D] No,not the best must admit!

It wasn''t accidental.

There is no reason why you should be waving your arms above your head, unless of course you are trying to block a cross!

As if any of you thought this guy was for real. [:P]Acknowleging a family member in the crown, give over. [:D]

NEWS FLASH: Nowrich is hit by a major humor blackout. This Humor failer happend at approx 12:06. An eye witness said:

[quote user="Herman "]I think it is sarcasm Ginge[:O][/quote]

But it wasn''t enough to stem the humorless flow. Indications show that it may be wearing off but further analysis may be needed......

Joking aside [:)], I think the general rule is that if a player''s arms are raised and the ball hits then it is a penalty even if it was accidental because the player is deemed to be trying to get an advantage merely by raising his arms. If his arms are down then a penalty should not be given if it was clearly accidental (Tranmere ref take note).

[quote user="RonDavies"]Joking aside [:)], I think the general rule is that if a player''s arms are raised and the ball hits then it is a penalty even if it was accidental because the player is deemed to be trying to get an advantage merely by raising his arms. If his arms are down then a penalty should not be given if it was clearly accidental (Tranmere ref take note).
[/quote]

It''s such a simple rule yet so hard to follow in practice, i mean a guy with his arm raised to the heavens saturday night fever style whose hand is then hit by the ball, not just brushed a little, but actually hit so powerfully that its diverted back from whence it came, that''s difficult to see right? I''m sure that any of us looking at that in real time would have had trouble seeing it, right? I heard 24,000 people all saw it and thought; "well that was a tough one, seen them given but also seen them turned down", I mean it''s not  like they were all immediately incensed by the decision to give a corner or anything were they? I think gentle applause rang out around the stadium as everyone commended the ref on taking on a tough 50/50 decision and making a call, it takes a brave man to do such a thing doesn''t it?

[quote user="Depraved"]

NEWS FLASH: Nowrich is hit by a major humor blackout. This Humor failer happend at approx 12:06. An eye witness said:

[quote user="Herman "]I think it is sarcasm Ginge[:O][/quote]

But it wasn''t enough to stem the humorless flow. Indications show that it may be wearing off but further analysis may be needed......

[/quote]

Warning - joke at 40,000 feet...

You''re right, Depraved, either some of the above responders to this post are humourless, or just plain thick!