Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

Russel Martin

I really am not impressed by this guy. He can''t seem to pass it too well or get forward, and I think Spillane''s due a recall. I was talking to a fellow fan about this the other day, and he said he even preferred Otsemobor to Martin. Anyway Spillane recall, yes or no?Yes for me. [Y]

I thought Martin had a shocker against Stockport but did alright yesterday.  Overall he''s been fine for me.  What''s Spillane done that''s more impressive - he''s just yet another player from our youth system who we have vastly overestimated ablility-wise.

I dunno really, I just don''t think Martin is that good. He played alright yesterday defensively (other than a peach of an assist), but he didn''t seem to be able to link up with Macnamee in the first half at all, or get forward well. I just always liked Spillane. [*-)]

I thought He had a good game yesterday, he got forward to his ball tothe back post to Holt was a good ball and should have been finished. Things just didn''t come off for holt yesterday...

I haven''t seen enough of Spillain at full back.. I think his injury could have a big factor in his career at norwich.. this would have been a good season for him to get experience maybe the step up to the championship next year will be one step to far. Maybe we should loan him out again at league one level to get experience with a recall option if we get injuries.

Martin''s not great going forward (that said I thought the ball he put in for Holt yesterday was a beauty). However he is very steady defensively and has a bit of pace which in a backline not exactly blessed with that particular attribute is handy. I think the MK Dons goal yesterday was one of the first mistakes I''ve seen him make defensively. As for him being worse then Otsemobor. No chance. Martin has a decent positional sense and does his primary job which is to be a stopper. He is definitely an improvement by a long way. As for Spillane. He is a good player and looks exciting going forward but I can''t really judge him defensively because he hasnt come up against a decent winger this season. He played in games like the one against Leyton Orient who carried no attacking threat whatsoever. In fact in my opinion they were the worst team I have seen at Carrow Road all season. (The league table doesnt lie, there are obviously poorer teams but on the day they just showed no ambition whatsoever)

It''s only my opinion -

I thought He had a good game yesterday, he got forward to his ball tothe back post to Holt was a good ball and should have been finished.

Oh yeah, forgot about that one. [:$] Not sure, I can''t explain it really, just don''t think he''s that good. [:S]

One of the weakest fullbacks we have had in a long time. His distrobution is shocking (on par with Nelson) has no awareness as to where he / team mates are. He didnt look to bad while he was on Loan, but since we have signed him hes gone down hill big time IMO.No better than Otsemobor

[quote user="urdie_Canary"]One of the weakest fullbacks we have had in a long time.

His distrobution is shocking (on par with Nelson) has no awareness as to where he / team mates are.
He didnt look to bad while he was on Loan, but since we have signed him hes gone down hill big time IMO.

No better than Otsemobor
[/quote]

You seem to forget how bad Otsemobor was at defending. At least Martin puts in a challenge, instead of ball-watching.

I thought Russell Martin did pretty well yesterday. Didn''t always have an easy job of it either because McNamee looked scared of the ball at times. He didn''t have his best game against Stockport the other day but in general I like the guy, I think he''s an honest sort of player. Far better than Spillane.

Yeah, have to agree with Brendo!

He''s been a pretty poor signing to be honest, we should have kept Otsemebor, Spillane deserves a recall :)

He''s better that Otsemobor, but still a liability, a week link in an otherwise solid defence.  Spillane needs to be given a chance, perhaps in the last 3 games this season once promotion has been assured.