Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

The disallowed goal?

Haven''t seen much on here yet, but Chris Martin didn''t seem to foul the keeper in my opinion in his jump to score the disallowed header. What do you guys think? I can see why it was disallowed, but not sure if it should have been.What was your view of it?

The keeper fell over...... so refs always give a foul....from how i saw it, the keeper jumped on Martin, who had his back to him, but because the keeper went down, he got the free-kick....

One of those which is easy for the ref really. Martin didn''t stop looking at the keeper for a second once the ball came in and the ref knew that, hence giving the foul. I haven''t seen it again yet but Martin made it easy for the ref

[quote user="Gingerpele"]The keeper fell over...... so refs always give a foul....from how i saw it, the keeper jumped on Martin, who had his back to him, but because the keeper went down, he got the free-kick....[/quote]My thoughts exactly GP. [:S]

[quote user="Alex11ncfc"]One of those which is easy for the ref really. Martin didn''t stop looking at the keeper for a second once the ball came in and the ref knew that, hence giving the foul. I haven''t seen it again yet but Martin made it easy for the ref[/quote]really? i thought Martin had he back turned, if thats the case, then of course its going to be a foul, as even looking at the keeper is a foul these days....

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Alex11ncfc"]One of those which is easy for the ref really. Martin didn''t stop looking at the keeper for a second once the ball came in and the ref knew that, hence giving the foul. I haven''t seen it again yet but Martin made it easy for the ref[/quote]really? i thought Martin had he back turned, if thats the case, then of course its going to be a foul, as even looking at the keeper is a foul these days....[/quote]

Yeah I watched him and he gave the keeper a long look, as I said makes it very easy for the ref to give the foul

I was sitting right behind it and you could see Marting jumped straight into their keeper knowing that he couldn''t beat the keeper or defender to the ball.

From where I was it looked the keeper lost it in the sun and him and Martin ran into each other, but if Martin took a long look at the keeper then I can definately see why he has given it. 

Even if Martin didn''t look at the keeper and kept his eyes firmly on the ball then he probably would have still given the free kick.  Over protected keepers.

Martin took a good look at the keeper and then jumped into him, I couldn''t argue with it and didn''t even jump up and celebrate.

Surely the ref must have thought it was hand ball, hence the yellow? So its no debate about a foul, did he handle it? I don''t think he got anywhere near it so no for me.

Chrissy had a good look to see where the keeper was as the ball came in. No surprise that it wasn''t given though would have to see it again to be sure he actually impeded the keeper. I guess the yellow was because if he got away with it would have been a goal, but even so very harsh.

[quote user="Rivvo"]Martin took a good look at the keeper and then jumped into him, I couldn''t argue with it and didn''t even jump up and celebrate.[/quote]

This is exactly how I saw it. Martin pushed into the keeper. Surprised by the yellow card though.

Will be interested to see a few of the decisions again on the FLS tonight if we get any airtime!

Whose goal would it have been if it had stood, presuming that it travelled right through without a touch?

Dare I say.... ''No Goals'' Lappin? Can''t remember who crossed it now, might have been Drury or Lappin.

I enjoyed listening to the crowd in the build up to one of his shots- ''Shoooooooot'' went the cry, ''DON''T DO IT'' came the response. That and Doherty selling Jermaine Easter for a absolute fool on the halfway line were the most entertaining things pre-90 minutes in the game for me.

I swear it didn''t go in without a touch? [^o)]Because when it went over the line, I could''ve sworn it was travelling alot slower, thus meaning Chrissy got a touch? [:S]

the keeper lost the ball in the sun, i thought if anything he collided more with his defender, Simon Lappins cross went straight in.

i had the best view from the Barclay martin stood his ground and the keeper came over the top of him and flapped at it and missed the ball completely. was a joke

If you had the best view Woody, how did you not see Martin blatantly look at the keeper and make no attempt to beat the defender or keeper to the ball other than by banging into the keeper?

Russell''s put the cross in so would have been his goal but irrelevant as it didn''t count.

the keeper fluffed and was looking for a foul when he missed the ball, but it doesn''t matter because i knew the ref was going to blow up for a foul because any contact on the keeper refs always give a free-kick.

Definite foul, Martin looked for where the keeper was and then jumped into him, going to be a foul every day of the week. Not sure what he got booked for though.