Sign in to follow this  
Morisons Prozac

Player Ratings

Rudd - 6. Had very little to do.

R Martin - 8. MOM. Got forward really well and coped With having little protection in front of him well.

Nelson - 6. Had and OK game.

Doc - 7. Wona lot in the air and unlucky not to score.

Drury - 4. One of my favourite City players but was awful today. Rose would have probably done a better job today.

McNamee - 5. Inneffective.

Smith - 4. Lost possession way to many times and should have been brought off a lot earlier.

Russell - 7. Won a lot of balls.

Lappin - 8. Best game for City in a while and didn''t stop working.

C Martin - 6. Was like a statue for most of the game but great free kick.

Holt- 4. He is really starting to frustrate me and needs to sort himself out. Would have passed for an MK Dons player today (as well as countless other times).

Oli - 7. Was our best striker today and I hope he comes in for Holt for the next two games.

Ellliot - 6. One beautiful piece of play between him and Holt but forgot he was playing for the rest of the time he was on.

Ref - 2. No excuse for a Premier League ref. Made shocking decisions and missed a blatant penalty (even 4th Official and Ince agreed).

Lambert - 6. Should hav taken Smith off a lot earlier for another striker but I like the idea of playing 4 up front.

Fans - 10. We expressed our feelings towards the ref clearly and didn''t turn on the team once.

oh it weird to see how others see the game,

Rudd, agreed little to do, but needs to work on his decision making as he wants to come out far to often.

R. Martin MOTM [:O] thought he had an ok game but was not near MOTM!

Nelson MOTM battles, won headers even looked dangerous in their area [;)]

Doc, agree.

Drury only 4, he played well today and i feel he is a much better defender than rose so would be in my team any day of the week.

mac - agree

smith, plenty of running and tackling, although didn''t create a huge deal - missed having hoolahan as an outlet ball (as did the rest of the team)

russelll, agreed

Lappin - delivery was good and tried hard, but his form throughout the season has gradually declined.

C Martin - 6. Was like a statue for most of the game but great free kick. - agree

Holt- 4. He is really starting to frustrate me and needs to sort himself out. agree, and he needs to keep his mouth shut.

Oli - 7. looked lively and caused MKD problems at the back. would have him to fill holts boots.

Ellliot - 6. plenty of running if he was given more time i feel we would have scored with his pace behind the defence.

Ref - 2. No excuse for a Premier League ref. Made shocking decisions and missed a blatant penalty (even 4th Official and Ince agreed). gave the wrong coloured cards out at the wrong time, they should have had another red and holt would have been walking if i was incharge.

Lambert - 6. never afraid to take a risk in hoping it will come off and going 4-2-4 worked.

Fans - 10. We expressed our feelings towards the ref clearly but still we moan when things dont go our way - just because were top!

i am a banana

What were you watching? Russell gets a 7? He didn''t play a forward pass for the entire game and gave the ball away several times. He was hopeless.

Though I don''t rate R Martin particularly highly, I thought he was better today when he did get forward, didn''t he put the cross in for one of Holt''s best chances? I think he is still a little lacking in a few areas of his game though.

Rudd 7 some good saves kept us in the game

Martin 7 V good today - two fantastic crosses for holt that should have been buried - watch and learn how to cross properly macnamee.

Doc 7 Dangerous in their box and secure in ours - unlucky not to score and earn us a penalty.   

Nelson 6 Dangerous with the ball at his feet but played the blocker role well

Drury 6 Not as good as a gainst leeds but solid enough without getting forward

Lappin 6 worked well and hard gave us good shape.

Smith 7 Best of the midfielders

Rusty 6 Was rusty today and could easily have been taken off.

Mcnamee 4 As the song could have gone antony macnamee he looks half asleep to me...  Beaten to a ball he had for pace by R martin in the first half summed it up.  Anonymous at best,  did not seek the ball and when he did produced nothing and over hit his crosses.  Half was through the second half get a text from my brother saaying we should go 433;  pointed out Macca had been at the point of the diamond since half time and was so anonymous his first half showing seems positivly dynamic.  Rightly substituted on a day when he could and should have shone.  Showed how much Hoolahan gives us.

Martin - 6  Good free kick and a demonstration of how macca should have played the diamond role - good link up play from the first minute with a ball into the left back slot.

Holt ? 7 prob.  Worked as hard as he has but his trappy mouth has got him another weeks holiday unnecessarily.  Got himself into good positions and should be closing in on the scoring record but poor finishing and his dissent have cost him that chance and us our three points.  He cant miss that many next season - is he good enough?  

agree with most of that zipper tho doc would be worth an 8 for me and lappin a 7 as i thought he was the best of the midfielders yesterday. Holt was booked for deliberate handball not for dissent and was extremely lucky not to be sent off and would have got a 5 at best, perhaps a 6 for his covering of the left back role!!!!!!

Don''t know why Holt was getting a slating. At least he had chances today. Thought he was better today than in a long while

doherty may have played well, but it he lost his man for their goal. so how he can get a 7/8 is beyond me

For me, Rudd was MOTM. Some interesting scores there...thought Russell had a poor attacking game but decent defensive game. R. Martin made an improvement on the Stockport game but not to the value of an 8/10, same for Lappin. Drury and Smith were not as bad as you say.