Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Isn't it funny how when we were winning by several goals

no-one complained about the ref.

Yet when we struggle, lose or scrape a draw, moan bl00dy moan.

It''s simple, stick the ball in the net more times than the opposition and we win. 

Stop looking for flippin excuses[A]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

no-one complained about the ref.

Yet when we struggle, lose or scrape a draw, moan bl00dy moan.

It''s simple, stick the ball in the net more times than the opposition and we win. 

Stop looking for flippin excuses[:@]

[/quote]

[quote]It''s simple, stick the ball in the net more times than the opposition and we win.[/quote]

We stuck the ball in the net twice. They did it once. We drew.

Bloody ref.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]It''s simple, stick the ball in the net more times than the opposition and we win.[/quote]

We stuck the ball in the net twice. They did it once. We drew.

Bloody ref.[/quote]Splendid riposte.

Were you at the game yesterday?!?!

If it were not for the Ref''s abysmal performance we WOULD have won by several goals...hence the complaints. His repeated failure to use the advantage rule, denying us a stonewall penalty, the fact that if he had any control on the game at all - MK would have had ten men for most of the game...

None of this was a factor in us not winning then? Obviously not. Im just one of the thousands ''looking for something to complain about''....or maybe the ref was absolutely f**king useless and needs to be complained about as he cost us the game....

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]It''s simple, stick the ball in the net more times than the opposition and we win.[/quote] We stuck the ball in the net twice. They did it once. We drew. Bloody ref.[/quote]

Thank you for giving me a prime example of the point I am making.

We stuck the ball in the net once, we drew 1-1!  That chance was disallowed for a foul on the keeper. 

Had we stuck away one of the many chances we had, one of the several chances that Holt missed, we would have won.  We have no one else to blame but ourselves

I agree that sometimes people are too quick to blame the ref but we have had some diabolical refs recently.I didn''t make it to the match yesterday but even by just seeing the blatant hand ball on the FLS you can tell the ref was terrible.  And surely no one can dispute that the ref we had for the Tranmere match was incompetent!!

Come on then, how many complained so fervently about the refs when we were winning games easily? Show me the posts and prove me wrong.  The refs must have been excellent, faultless then.

It must just be coincidence that when we have started to struggle everyone is blaming the refs.[:^)]

Come on then, how many complained so fervently about the refs when we were winning games easily? Show me the posts and prove me wrong.  The refs must have been excellent, faultless then.

It must just be coincidence that when we have started to struggle everyone is blaming the refs.[:^)]

[/quote]So you are saying the ref at Tranmere and yesterday were not just aweful??? along with the lineos(one gave a pen and no hand ball...one got Holty booked and gave no pen

[/quote]Yeah, everyone''s blaming the ref for us not winning...I''m a firm believer in the fact that regardless of how bad a ref is, if a team loses a game it''s not because of this, it''s because they didn''t do enough to win it. However, to put it simply:Should we have had a penalty? - yes, simple. For Paul Ince to come out and say so surely means it was blatant!Was the ref generally awful? - again, yes. he couldn''t control the game at all and didn''t seem to understand "advantage".Was it his fault we didn''t win? - no. we had plenty of chances to score and didn''t.

I think you have a point Slim. Certainly, Grant Holt for one has wasted too much of his energy argueing lately and the team have to make their own luck and get results for themselves.

Supporters and team have to avoid feeling sorry for themselves and get the job done....in fairness this is what we did against MKD and what we have to continue to do.

I have every faith that Lambert will focus the players right.

[/quote]

Of course no-one complained. The refs obviously weren''t cheating us out of points. When we have played against 12 men for 2 of our last 3 games of course people will complain. Its not rocket science really.

If refs were apalling but in our favour then we probably wouldn''t complain. They haven''t been in our favour tho, and denying us the penalty yesterday and not sending an MK player off til 89, about an hour after the first challenge of several that deserved red has cost us the game. No two ways about it, a competent ref and we win the game. Simple as.

When refs are influencing the outcome of games and costing us points, do you not think it''s natural to complain? Yeah we could have won anyway yesterday, nobody is saying it is all the refs fault, we are saying we shouldnt have to be playing against a team of thugs and a bias ref who cost us the game with apalling decisions.

Whether we could have won it despite the refs cheating is secondary, because we shouldnt have to overcome the ref and MK, it should be a fair playing field.

We don''t complain when the ref sucks and we win anyways because we won, slim. It does get acknowledged occasionally after a win, but who wants to gripe when the result is good?

You must know lousy one-sided reffing gets more commentary on the losing teams'' sites when it is one-sided against them.

Why don''t we compare apples to oranges now?

Having seen the handball and also watched the  Trammere game on TV I can tell you for fact that its not sour grapes! We woz robbed!