Sign in to follow this  
wrathsajoke

HOLT SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER

he was mouthing at the ref all game.he knew he would be out for 2 more games if he got booked and so why do something stupid like he did. very un pro imo

Yep. It had some inevitability to it too. But he''s the captain and a vocal / passionate one at that. It''s in his DNA and I for one wouldn''t change much about him.

Was thinking the same but almost from the  kick off, the don players seemed out to niggle him...with one brusiing his thigh in the first 5 minutes ..it looked like that as he was showing the ref his thigh after a challange.

Grant Holt plays with 100% passion and this can boil over at times. We knew what he was like before he signed, his disciplinary record has always been very poor, however this guy is an absolute legend.

He must be gutted that he''s not playing too.

NOW GET OFF THE MANS BACK. What is done is done.

[quote user="wrathsajoke"]he was mouthing at the ref all game.he knew he would be out for 2 more games if he got booked and so why do something stupid like he did. very un pro imo[/quote]I believe he got booked for a hand ball and not mouthing off!!!

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="wrathsajoke"]he was mouthing at the ref all game.he knew he would be out for 2 more games if he got booked and so why do something stupid like he did. very un pro imo[/quote]I believe he got booked for a hand ball and not mouthing off!!![/quote]And if you have played the game...you also would of got very frustrated at THAT REF and i for one would have givin him several peices of my mind during the game.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="wrathsajoke"]he was mouthing at the ref all game.he knew he would be out for 2 more games if he got booked and so why do something stupid like he did. very un pro imo[/quote]I believe he got booked for a hand ball and not mouthing off!!![/quote]And if you have played the game...you also would of got very frustrated at THAT REF and i for one would have givin him several peices of my mind during the game.[/quote]He did get booked for handball, and it wasn''t the ref that gave it.  I was watching what happened, and the ref got contacted over his headset by the lineo who then convinced him to book Holt.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="wrathsajoke"]he was mouthing at the ref all game.he knew he would be out for 2 more games if he got booked and so why do something stupid like he did. very un pro imo[/quote]I believe he got booked for a hand ball and not mouthing off!!![/quote]And if you have played the game...you also would of got very frustrated at THAT REF and i for one would have givin him several peices of my mind during the game.[/quote]

He did get booked for handball, and it wasn''t the ref that gave it.  I was watching what happened, and the ref got contacted over his headset by the lineo who then convinced him to book Holt.
[/quote]Shame the lineo didnt contact the ref about the stone wall pen....tut

I couldnt beleive the amount of hacking i saw yesterday...and Ince coming out and saying"we are not a dirty team"   lmfao

Great atmosphere again yesterday[Y] Myself and the family still had a great day out as always

[quote user="Barclaybred"]Was thinking the same but almost from the  kick off, the don players seemed out to niggle him...with one brusiing his thigh in the first 5 minutes ..it looked like that as he was showing the ref his thigh after a challange.[/quote]Holt was showing the Ref his thigh after being deliberately stamped on whilst on the ground after being fouled, if the Ref had done the right thing and shown a Red card (which it deserved) it would have cut out a lot of the other nasty challenges that were flying in.

Why do you say so?

He is the League 1 player who has committed the most fouls this season.

Logic would suggest that he doesn''t know better.

For example, in the recent match against Tranmere we started well and had most of the initial pressure until Holt committed the most unnecessary (and deliberate, I dare say) foul inside our half which turned over possession to them leading to a spell of pressure from them resulting the two penalties against us.

And that is by far not the only time he has committed clearly unecessary fouls this season in the few matches I have seen.

He is clearly a tremendous asset - but would be even more so if somebody could work on his judgement and make him more calculating in his aggresion.

OTBC