Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

What's the penalty for 9 yellow cards?

[quote user="Ten Years Ahead Of His Time"]Bugger. Why can''t I get the Icon''s to work?[/quote]Have you got ''Encrypted mode'' or something ticked, next to address bar? [*-)]

Does nobody know what penalty MK Dons will incur for 9 yellow cards in a single match?

I''m sure there is one - perhaps a fine - but can''t recollect at the moment.

OTBC

[quote user="Beauseant"]

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/football_league/article7094365.ece

[/quote]

OK, thanks. Notice the name of the reporter?

The problem with multiple yellow cards is that they do not really help the team sinned against - neither does the subsequent punishment of a fine.

Now red cards do help the team sinned against during the actual match because it reduces the number of players in the guilty team for the remainder of that particular match.

That''s why I think that the ''sin bin'' as used in some other sports should be seriously considered for introduction into the this modern game of ours. Maybe the first player in a team who receives a yellow card after (say) the first five should in addition be sent to the ''sin bin'' for ten minutes (say) and the seventh player for twenty minutes (say) - and then any above seven would have their yellow automatically upgraded to a red...........or something along those lines.

Sepp Blatter, FIFA and UEFA would be far more gainfully occupied introducing effective measures such as this  rather than spending their time excusing divers and trying to make football a non-contact sport played by two teams of serial passers.

OTBC

Indiscipline has cost MK Dons any chance of promotion, so they have reaped their just ''rewards''. [:D]