Sign in to follow this  
kevin gorman

Did you hear the monkey chants on saturday???

unfortunately i was unable to get a ticket for the norwich end so being a hardcore fan i sat quietly in the home end.

when leon came on and ran down the flank some morons in front of me started doing monkey chants i was fuming then dwight yorke came on and they were doing the same to him a player from there team couldnt believe it. do me a favour dwight leave there as soon as mate!!!!!  and people that do monkey chants go jump off a cliff.

Did anybody else here anything????

I wasn''t at the game Kevin, but if what you say is true, then I can''t say I''m at all suprised. Some people havent got much imagination, so they copy what they see their heros doing, I feel sorry for anyone who idolise them Spanish supporters. Sadly, it will take a while to fizzle out this monkey thing.

My advice to you or anyone, is just to tell em what ya think, you may get heckled, but I think it''s worth it, I think you''ll find that most people around you will back you up, it just takes one person to get the ball rolling. Voice your opinion mate, you''ll find your not alone (even in the home end).

Nice one.

My best moment when working for the club at FCR was identifying someone who was making similar noises and being indirectly responsible for having them ejected.  It makes my blood boil, so goodness only knows how the players feel when they hear it.  (Pity there aren''t any cliffs near Birmingham...perhaps that''s why some think they can get away with it!)

[quote]My best moment when working for the club at FCR was identifying someone who was making similar noises and being indirectly responsible for having them ejected. It makes my blood boil, so goodness onl...[/quote]

Susie. This new saddened me, in fact ''gutted'' would be a far better word.

I despair that after 20 million years of evolution, this is the best that some, so called members of the human race, can still behave like this.

The trouble is, home, and especially away, if a very brave supporter (ie. your good self) does point this out, they put themselves at great personal risk.

And yes, I am ashamed to say that.

I don''t think I would have had your ''bottle'' to do as you did. And that worries me even more, I''m afraid to admit.

quote: I don''t think I would have had your ''bottle'' to do as you did. And that worries me even more, I''m afraid to admit.

Wiz.... sir,

Although i do agree with Tyrone? (the guy who said to speak up) and I''m very proud of susie, it''s one thing to stand up for what you believe in and walk away, and it''s another thing to do the same and be carried away on a stretcher!! I''m actually the type of person who is prone to speak up, but in all honesty, you gotta be realistic about your situation, I don''t think anyone in their "right mind" would speak up if you were sitting in the home section, away to Chelsea!! That''s just supporter suicide

So sir, it''s not cowardly to be cautious, it''s just level headed and sensible! geez, who I am kidding... just "don''t" follow my lead ok!!

I''m certainly not condoning this but aren''t we/the media getting a bit obsessed with this topic.

With 25,000 fans the chances are high that there will be one or two attention-seeking racists. Its probably the publicity they crave. Ignore them.