Sign in to follow this  
Queen B

Late Kick Off

Decent feature on us and Hucks and everything, but two things:1. How, er, terrified, can, er, Joe, er, Lewis, look and, er, sound2. Don''t get me started on the handball verdict....

1. Can they sort out the ridiculous camera angles in every match, they are different angles to the main football league show and you cant see whats going on!!

2. How empty was Colchester''s stadium yesterday? Against one of the better sides in the division.

Matt Holland = FOYSCHis stupid comment ''is the premierleague harder than the likes of league 1'' was the worst of the lot! Oh and FYI mr holland how you can say ''well done to my team Ipswich'' after spending all that money and only surviving with 3 games to go is beyond me!FOYSC

[quote user="Title chasing CT "]Matt Holland = FOYSCHis stupid comment ''is the premierleague harder than the likes of league 1'' was the worst of the lot! Oh and FYI mr holland how you can say ''well done to my team Ipswich'' after spending all that money and only surviving with 3 games to go is beyond me!FOYSC[/quote]Yeah I think he used to play for them. He doesn''t mention it...much....[:|]

[quote user="Queen B"][quote user="Title chasing CT "]Matt Holland = FOYSCHis stupid comment ''is the premierleague harder than the likes of league 1'' was the worst of the lot! Oh and FYI mr holland how you can say ''well done to my team Ipswich'' after spending all that money and only surviving with 3 games to go is beyond me!FOYSC[/quote]Yeah I think he used to play for them. He doesn''t mention it...much....[:|][/quote]I''d like to whack his face in with a cricket bat....I think we should have a ''neutral presenter'' on the show. Not someone who clearly delights in our failures (be it not winning or whatever). Problem is who?

[quote user="Title chasing CT "][quote user="Queen B"][quote user="Title chasing CT "]Matt Holland = FOYSCHis stupid comment ''is the premierleague harder than the likes of league 1'' was the worst of the lot! Oh and FYI mr holland how you can say ''well done to my team Ipswich'' after spending all that money and only surviving with 3 games to go is beyond me!FOYSC[/quote]Yeah I think he used to play for them. He doesn''t mention it...much....[:|][/quote]I''d like to whack his face in with a cricket bat....I think we should have a ''neutral presenter'' on the show. Not someone who clearly delights in our failures (be it not winning or whatever). Problem is who?[/quote]I have no idea who we''d have, but a quick look up of the other Late Kick Off presenters and they are for the pretty much neutrals, or more neutral than we have, anyway:

Region(s)Presenters
North East and CumbriaMark Clemmit
Yorkshire, Yorkshire and LincolnshireGuy Mowbray
Midlands, East MidlandsManish Bhasin
EastMatt Holland
London,

South East
Mark Chapman
South,

West,

South West
Jonathan Pearce
North WestTony Livesey

[quote user="Askounin"]Anyone else think its a bit of a cause for concern when that lino they had on there who is going to the World cup saw the handball on TV and said he wouldn''t have given a peno?
[/quote]

As he''s English it doesn''t concern me as he wom''t officiate any of our matches.  Having said that the man is clearly a complete plank as are the likes of Dermot Gallagher when he appears on Sky Sports News every Monday.  Whenever officials are on TV they refuse to criticise their colleagues and always stick up for them and say what a difficult decision it was!!!  Well Mr Cann, Gallagher, Winter and any of you other d1ckhead officials that appear on TV know this and know this now ''I AND NO-ONE GIVES A FLYING SH1T WHAT YOU THINK.  YOUR JOB IS TO OFFICIATE AND A GOOD OFFICIAL IS NOT NOTICED UNLIKE YOU YOU FAME HUNGRY USELESS TO55ERS''

[quote user="Title chasing CT "][quote user="Queen B"][quote user="Title chasing CT "]Matt Holland = FOYSC

His stupid comment ''is the premierleague harder than the likes of league 1'' was the worst of the lot! Oh and FYI mr holland how you can say ''well done to my team Ipswich'' after spending all that money and only surviving with 3 games to go is beyond me!

FOYSC
[/quote]

Yeah I think he used to play for them. He doesn''t mention it...much....[:|]
[/quote]

I''d like to whack his face in with a cricket bat....

I think we should have a ''neutral presenter'' on the show. Not someone who clearly delights in our failures (be it not winning or whatever). Problem is who?
[/quote]I think that the woman the other week was better.  It doesn''t actually need to be a football person, they could use a professional presenter, then have the football knowedge from the guests (but they would need to improve the standard of guests)

[quote user="Askounin"]Anyone else think its a bit of a cause for concern when that lino they had on there who is going to the World cup saw the handball on TV and said he wouldn''t have given a peno?
[/quote]

Cann ( former golden boy of Norfolk FA) has consistently been highlighted over his mistakes in high profile games. The bloke''s a clown,  but thinks he''s some sort of star.

Cann said he wouldnt give the peno in the position of the lineo on the far side, thats fair enough! He might not have had a good enough view to give it for certain. But what he then goes on to say about how its a hard decision and to get inside the players heads to see it fromt thier view.....is rubbish! If thats the case, then it would have been given, as the defenders hand only went up in the air as doc kicked the ball!!! He is a w****r!!

I was amazed when Mr "I''ve got my head up my own bum" Cann said it was not unusual for officials to ring up managers after a game when they have made a mistake like the recent Col U handball scenario as "AT THE END OF THE DAY WE ARE ACCOUNTABLE".Really Mr Cann would you like to tell us who that would be then?

By the way Joe Lewis may be a future England goalkeeper but the poor chap is not the sharpest knife in the drawer and in all honesty was more painful to listen to than Matt Holland.I will get slaughtered for this but the most natural pundit on there after dear old Barry Fry has been a certain Mr M.Dennis!!!!!

Lol, watching it on iPlayer just now and can''t believe that guy saying that the handball is a difficult decision, and the ref has to make a judgement call based on the players intent.[:|]

Amazes me that a fifa referee said he would not have given a penalty there. Absolutely astonishing too be honest especially as he is reffing at the world cup. And I would also say that Mick Dennis is pretty good on there. Talks abit of sense where as the others normally just talk crap. Still think they should get someone else instead of matt holland to present it.As im at uni in london watched the london late kick off a few times. Mark Chapman presents it and its a hell of a lot better that the east one.

To be fair, for a show presented by an ex-Ipswich player, they have more than their fair share of Norwich coverage and ex/current Norwich players on the sofa.

Just watched it on Sky+, and I am appalled at that ''FIFA'' [:O] referee, sorry lineo.  It is absolutely disgusting that he can sit there, with a stupid grin on his face, and point blank refuse to admit that as mistake was made there.  Holland must have had to do a double take when that fool said he wouldn''t be sure if he would give it, and that he had ''to get inside the players head''.  Unbelievable really, and no wonder the players and fans have no respect for idiots like this.  They think they are beyond reproach, and that is disgusting, we should make all of them accountable for their decisions, and if there is clear video evidence they should be made to face their critics.How on earth he can sit there and say they ''need to get in players heads'' is beyond me, how many times have you seen pens given for handball where there was clearly no intent.  UNBELIEVABLE!

[quote user="ncfcstar"] How on earth he can sit there and say they ''need to get in players heads'' is beyond me, how many times have you seen pens given for handball where there was clearly no intent.  UNBELIEVABLE![/quote]A prime example here is rustys at tranmere! If that was a handball, with his arm by his side and attempting to move out of the way of the ball, then this must be a stonewaller!!

Would have liked to have seen Joe Lewis''s face when he said he wouldnt have given it. I wonder what he would have said if the ref had given it. Would probably be something along the lines of "Yeh I would have definitely given it"

[quote user="Largey"]To be fair, for a show presented by an ex-Ipswich player, they have more than their fair share of Norwich coverage and ex/current Norwich players on the sofa.[/quote]To be fair any football show by Kevin Piper Productions is unlikely to feature more about other clubs than ours......especially our friends in Suffolk !And there''s nothing the presenter can do about it......tee hee.

The Late Kick Off is possibly the worst television I''ve ever seen.FFS I am actually interested in the subject matter and can''t stand watching it!