Sign in to follow this  
morty

Football league show.

[quote user="morty"]Oh right, lets not talk about the Norwich game at all.Wa nkers.[/quote]I gurantee that if Leeds had a blatant penalty not given like we did today they would sit there goin on about if for ages

[quote user="ncfc4life"][quote user="morty"]Oh right, lets not talk about the Norwich game at all.Wa nkers.[/quote]I gurantee that if Leeds had a blatant penalty not given like we did today they would sit there goin on about if for ages[/quote]Probably not though.

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]It really makes me laugh how upset people get about this![/quote]I''m not upset, but it is blatant bias. There were several contentious talking points worthy of discussion about our game, and we are top of the league, surely this should at least buy us a bit of interest?But no, its more important to talk about how great Leeds are lol.

A Leeds fan I know has just twittered her surprise that Leeds were given more time and attention than Millwall, who are higher in the league and scored more goals today... she''s not alone in this.  My response was simple:Of course you did you''re Leeds.  You''re a big club and deserve to be in the Prem.  The BBC know this, even if the rest of League 1 don''t.

I''m surprised that Sky and BBC have made no reference to the number of bookings picked up by MK Dons in the game and their appalling discipline record for the season.

Surely this should be worth a mention but that would mean some decent journalism of course!!

I''m looking forward to the day the BBC provides us with decent journalism, especially on the FLS.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]I''m surprised that Sky and BBC have made no reference to the number of bookings picked up by MK Dons in the game and their appalling discipline record for the season. Surely this should be worth a mention but that would mean some decent journalism of course!![/quote]

There were 2 or 3 Norwich fans on 606 tonight complaining about the ref, but as usual Alan Green didn''t give a toss about League 1/Norwich and it turned into a chat about the Premier League, Howard Webb and the World Cup.

[quote user="Queen B"]I''m looking forward to the day the BBC provides us with decent journalism, especially on the FLS.
[/quote]

I doubt any of us will still be alive when that day comes...

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]

[quote user="Queen B"]I''m looking forward to the day the BBC provides us with decent journalism, especially on the FLS.[/quote]

I doubt any of us will still be alive when that day comes...

[/quote]Probably not, but we live in hope!

Hopefully we will be discussed fully tonight when the late kick off show is on being a local show, on tonight Sunday until end of season instead of Monday

it does make me laugh too.. there are 72 clubs in the football league.. why should we get any more coverage?it''s not because we are top of the league.. people would be whingeing if we were 14th!

Agreed Jas.

To be perfectly honest, the more the press leave us alone the easier it will be. All anybody associated with Leeds has to do is flick through the BBC sport section and they''ll see all the media pressure is on them, not us despite looking a little shaky at the top of the league recently.

I''m quite pleased that they''re constantly going on about Leeds as they slide their way down the table :D

It is no bad thing that as we aren''t the media darlings we don''t have the same pressure as Leeds, but equally, fair coverage isn''t really too much to ask given that we are at the top of the league.

Perhaps they just consider us to be up already so we''re of far less interest, but they went back and showed various bits and pieces from other games without even a mention of us - most odd given how there were several interesting talking points.

I''m inclined to think they''re after talking points in terms of the league not individual games. We''re 8 clear and even had we lost that game it would still leave us at the top as clear favourites to win the league still. Personally, and I think the BBC realise this, we aren''t going to be caught and we pretty much have the top spot claimed, so I am sure they wouldn''t want to waste coverage time talking about us sitting pretty at the top again.

Then again, it raises the question of that''s all they did when Leeds were sitting top.

Who really knows, all I know is I would much rather watch Late Kickoff, despite the host being an absolute numpty :)

It doesnt bother me at all that the FLS leave us out...it''ll prob spur some induvidual players on to do something special in the next game...they''re a vain bunch dont you know. ;0)

...plus, its a bit of swings and roundabouts as the region "east" must have less profile teams in it the the north west or london shows, so at least we get a bit of extra viewing time...and lets not forget the  infectious commentary from the inspirational Matt Holland?!

Someone remind me why I make the effort to watch this on i-player and then we get limited highlights. The commentator agreed it was a handball but never discussed. Bet there were plenty of emails on the matter that were ignored. Also laughed when the guy said ''if you had a burning question you wanted to a top class pundit to answer, email it in for Leroy to answer'' hmmm

Right i''m just gonna say it........I really LIKE the Football League show! (Not that Lizzy thou...something about her!!)

I think what the BBC has done for Championship/League 1 & 2 is brilliant what with online aswell, especially compared to what we had before with that ITV''s dross!!!

Yes it frustating we don''t get that much coverage at times..but we have been the game of the day a fair few times aswell!

Who knows next season the BBC may well pick up the Derby game Live!!!

[quote user="ncfc4life"][quote user="morty"]Oh right, lets not talk about the Norwich game at all.Wa nkers.[/quote]I gurantee that if Leeds had a blatant penalty not given like we did today they would sit there goin on about if for ages[/quote]

well what do you expect from the football"leeds"show??

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]it does make me laugh too.. there are 72 clubs in the football league.. why should we get any more coverage?
it''s not because we are top of the league.. people would be whingeing if we were 14th!

[/quote]

Wadda loada horse ##**!!  When we got beat 7.1..most of us didnt want to see or hear anything about it..But for months until jan,everytime they mentionend us they still had to drag that up..Now we have really turned it around especially with the 5 nil at col u`s dump, they never seem to mention it now or us! and if they do its only a "norwich won" then as the new swizzbeats song goes"On to the next one"..Perhaps we shouldve got beaten 7.1 again in jan and that wouldve guaranteed we got a mention every week till may!

Leeds are the story because they''re messing up again after running away with things for the first two-thirds of the season.

Plus they''ve fallen far further than us.

Get over it.

OTBC

I am glad we are not getting too much press attention as we always seems to mess it up when the likes of Doherty and the others used to come out and say ''We owe the fans this''....

The BBC are just making a football show, notice how much attention we got at the the beginning of the season when we screwed up....also it looks like we are as good as which doesn''t make good telly.

It should be taken as a inverted-compliment from the BBC.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]it does make me laugh too.. there are 72 clubs in the football league.. why should we get any more coverage?
it''s not because we are top of the league.. people would be whingeing if we were 14th!

[/quote]

I''m constantly astonished when people moan about not getting coverage. Does it really matter that much?

We got heaps of coverage after the first week of this season, with the Col U game, and then Gunn''s sacking. That was awesome, wasn''t it??!

We know we''re doing a good job. 25K people every week know we''re the best fans in the league. IMO, it does not matter at all if we fly under the radar.

I think it''s actually better that way!