Sign in to follow this  
AndyCanary

McNally would Reject any bid for Lambo

Surprised that this hasn''t been posted on here yet.. (sorry if I''ve missed it and it has)http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/8615923.stm

Norwich City chief executive David McNally says any

approach for manager Paul Lambert would be refused.

The Scot,

who is the bookmakers'' second favourite to be the new Celtic manager,

played down the link north last month.

McNally said: "If anybody

came in for him, we would say ''your interest is not welcome, you do not

have permission to speak to him, please go away''."

Lambert, 40,

took over at Carrow Road in August and has led them to the verge of the

League One title.

Celtic are 13 points below Rangers

in the Scottish Premier League table, with Neil Lennon acting as

caretaker boss.

Lambert made 193 appearances for Celtic between

1997 and 2005 and has had managerial spells at Livingston, Wycombe and

Colchester.

McNally said: "Paul''s very happy at Norwich City.

He''s got a job to do and I know he''s looking forward to next season.

"Of

course we all hope we''ll be in the Championship. That will bring for

all of us some real challenges but I am sure he''s planning to take this

great club forward."

We''d obviously hope this was the case. But it''s great to hear it said in the press!

Its worth noting that Lambert is on a rolling contract, exactly how much compensation do you think Celtic would have to pay us?

The answer is pretty much none, Lambert could choose today to be unemployed tomorrow with no questions ask.

And that, unfortunately, is true.

[quote user="TheNewBoy"]Its worth noting that Lambert is on a rolling contract, exactly how much compensation do you think Celtic would have to pay us?

The answer is pretty much none, Lambert could choose today to be unemployed tomorrow with no questions ask.

And that, unfortunately, is true.[/quote]I''m not sure it''s as simple as that. I did a Google search on rolling contracts and found thisHoddle - Wolves Rolling Contract seems to explain it quite well.

[quote user="Queen B"][quote user="TheNewBoy"]Its worth noting that Lambert is on a rolling contract, exactly how much compensation do you think Celtic would have to pay us?

And that, unfortunately, is true.[/quote]I''m not sure it''s as simple as that. I did a Google search on rolling contracts and found thisHoddle - Wolves Rolling Contract seems to explain it quite well.

[/quote]You seem to know far too much about football for a woman [;)]

[quote user="Title chasing CT "][quote user="Queen B"][quote user="TheNewBoy"]Its worth noting that Lambert is on a rolling contract, exactly how much compensation do you think Celtic would have to pay us?

[/quote]You seem to know far too much about football for a woman [;)][/quote]Haha I''ll take that as a compliment [;)]

[quote user="Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son"]Sooooo....... A rolling contract makes him cheaper to sack ?[/quote]In basic terms yes, although it says "it is impossible for the contract to run out unless both parties agree a termination", which I''ve taken as meaning it''s not as simple as just walking out at the end of the year if the manager feels like it. Also, it doesn''t seem like it runs out: there''s always a year remaining.

[quote user="Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son"]Sooooo....... A rolling contract makes him cheaper to sack ?[/quote]

I guess so.... free to sack?

Lets face it, this club cant afford another big compensation payout. What was it? £700k for Roeder, £500k for Worthy? I suspect that Grant walked for free (did the decent thing)....

No matter how big the manager is, we shouldnt have to pay for failure.... a great deal by McNally if you ask me.... and a great commitment by Lambert.

[quote user="TheNewBoy"][quote user="Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son"]Sooooo....... A rolling contract makes him cheaper to sack ?[/quote]

I guess so.... free to sack?

Lets face it, this club cant afford another big compensation payout. What was it? £700k for Roeder, £500k for Worthy? I suspect that Grant walked for free (did the decent thing)....

No matter how big the manager is, we shouldnt have to pay for failure.... a great deal by McNally if you ask me.... and a great commitment by Lambert.[/quote]It doesn''t make him free to sack, we just have to pay off the remainder of the contract, which is always the same length (probably a year).Wasn''t Worthy on a rolling contract as well? Guessing 500k was his yearly wage.

That a very clever piece of buisness for both parties. McNally really is the man!