Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Carrow

Noisy oiks in Jarrold....

I sat with some friends near the front of the Jarrold stand today and just happened to be sitting next to a group of lads we know from way back.  Anyways, everything was going against us on the pitch so we decided that rather than moan or sit quiet we`d do something really novel and sing some some songs and get behind the team.  Can anyone who was in that vicinity please explain to me what exactly we did to warrent so many appalled looks of disgust?  The songs were clean, yet people seemed to think we`d just escaped from a lunatic asylum just for making a bit of noise at the football!  I hate to say it but experiences like that make me think that the Leeds fans "Sanitised football club" piece had a few truths in it.

were  you down the front of block j ?   your a bloody disgrace   2 elderly coffin dodgers next  to me were woken up by your rowdiness ..i hope your proud of yourselves [:@]

A similar thing happened in the upper tier of the N&P today. These two lads decided to start singing and the other occupants looked at them as if they had killed a child. It''s pathetic.

BTW I sang along with them.[;)]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]I sat with some friends near the front of the Jarrold stand today and just happened to be sitting next to a group of lads we know from way back.  Anyways, everything was going against us on the pitch so we decided that rather than moan or sit quiet we`d do something really novel and sing some some songs and get behind the team.  Can anyone who was in that vicinity please explain to me what exactly we did to warrent so many appalled looks of disgust?  The songs were clean, yet people seemed to think we`d just escaped from a lunatic asylum just for making a bit of noise at the football!  I hate to say it but experiences like that make me think that the Leeds fans "Sanitised football club" piece had a few truths in it.[/quote]

Remember this was the old south stand, there are a few of them left in there, they lways were like that....and it seems nothing has changed!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]I sat with some friends near the front of the Jarrold stand today and just happened to be sitting next to a group of lads we know from way back.  Anyways, everything was going against us on the pitch so we decided that rather than moan or sit quiet we`d do something really novel and sing some some songs and get behind the team.  Can anyone who was in that vicinity please explain to me what exactly we did to warrent so many appalled looks of disgust?  The songs were clean, yet people seemed to think we`d just escaped from a lunatic asylum just for making a bit of noise at the football!  I hate to say it but experiences like that make me think that the Leeds fans "Sanitised football club" piece had a few truths in it.[/quote]

Remember this was the old south stand, there are a few of them left in there, they lways were like that....and it seems nothing has changed!
[/quote]

Ain''t that the truth, they would hate it in the snakepit or the Barclay lol

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]I sat with some friends near the front of the Jarrold stand today and just happened to be sitting next to a group of lads we know from way back.  Anyways, everything was going against us on the pitch so we decided that rather than moan or sit quiet we`d do something really novel and sing some some songs and get behind the team.  Can anyone who was in that vicinity please explain to me what exactly we did to warrent so many appalled looks of disgust?  The songs were clean, yet people seemed to think we`d just escaped from a lunatic asylum just for making a bit of noise at the football!  I hate to say it but experiences like that make me think that the Leeds fans "Sanitised football club" piece had a few truths in it.[/quote]Which block were you in?  Were you down the bottom?The nearer the pitch you get the higher the average age!Even Hucks was on his feet getting angry when the pen wasn''t given!

[quote user="pennywise "]were  you down the front of block j ?   your a bloody disgrace   2 elderly coffin dodgers next  to me were woken up by your rowdiness ..i hope your proud of yourselves [:@][/quote]

Had a few pints so can`t remember which block it was!  Between the halfway line and the away fans.  In all honesty if we p*ssed some people off i`m well happy with that, but i REALLY would like to know just what is so offensive about singing at a football match these days?  One bloke looked so angry i thought he was going to complain about us. 

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="pennywise "]were  you down the front of block j ?   your a bloody disgrace   2 elderly coffin dodgers next  to me were woken up by your rowdiness ..i hope your proud of yourselves [:@][/quote]

Had a few pints so can`t remember which block it was!  Between the halfway line and the away fans.  In all honesty if we p*ssed some people off i`m well happy with that, but i REALLY would like to know just what is so offensive about singing at a football match these days?  One bloke looked so angry i thought he was going to complain about us. 

[/quote]

You should have asked him, or said, if you wanted a quiet day and a picnic you should take up lawn bowls

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]I sat with some friends near the front of the Jarrold stand today and just happened to be sitting next to a group of lads we know from way back.  Anyways, everything was going against us on the pitch so we decided that rather than moan or sit quiet we`d do something really novel and sing some some songs and get behind the team.  Can anyone who was in that vicinity please explain to me what exactly we did to warrent so many appalled looks of disgust?  The songs were clean, yet people seemed to think we`d just escaped from a lunatic asylum just for making a bit of noise at the football!  I hate to say it but experiences like that make me think that the Leeds fans "Sanitised football club" piece had a few truths in it.[/quote]

Which block were you in?  Were you down the bottom?

The nearer the pitch you get the higher the average age!

Even Hucks was on his feet getting angry when the pen wasn''t given!
[/quote]

I was on the third row near the bottom between the halfway line and away fans and it was pretty mixed in terms of ages.  I have to say the kiddies around us seemed to enjoy it and joined in, but with the adults.....if looks could kill!

So again, if anyone was in that area, could i please hear a rational explanation as to what is so wrong with singing clean songs at a football match?

Oddly enough I was 3 rows from the front in the block closest to the away fans, H I think ?  We also had a go at getting some singing going, but unless a deafening roar rolls over the Jarrold Stand and they get caught up in it, you get very little response.  I guess the angry looks could have been as much about the ref as anything else.  A kid a couple of rows back from us had been singing "the referees a " and then left a little gap, knowing what would happen if he finished the sentence.  Eventually he plucked up the courage to sing "The referees a plonker" to the amusement of all around him.  I suppose the looks are probably because the kind of people who sing at games are the kind of people who swear at games, and how very dare we teach our kids to do that...

I  say  this you  pay  your  money  the  same  as anyone  else and  you  have a  choice to  sit  like  a  stupified  mummy or cheer  your  team on, I will always  take  the second  option and  Im  in  my  fifties I  could not  care  less who says  anything  about the  noise  I;m sure  paul lambert and  the players would  always  appreciate  the  second  option  all the  day  long,  bet they all  live  in  nice  quiet cul de  sacs  etc and this  is  their once a  week outing out of their  cocoon so  when real  football  fans  start to cheer  their team on it  must be a  shock  to  the  system 

To the Barclay  and   snakepit  keep  cheering  the boys onto victory and  to all the other  fans  scattered  around  the ground  who want to sing  "JUST DO IT"

Kick it off, throw it in, have a little scrimmage,

Keep it low, a splendid rush, bravo, win or die;

On the ball, City, never mind the danger,

Steady on, now''s your chance,

Hurrah! We''ve scored a goal.

City!, City!, City!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]I sat with some friends near the front of the Jarrold stand today and just happened to be sitting next to a group of lads we know from way back.  Anyways, everything was going against us on the pitch so we decided that rather than moan or sit quiet we`d do something really novel and sing some some songs and get behind the team.  Can anyone who was in that vicinity please explain to me what exactly we did to warrent so many appalled looks of disgust?  The songs were clean, yet people seemed to think we`d just escaped from a lunatic asylum just for making a bit of noise at the football!  I hate to say it but experiences like that make me think that the Leeds fans "Sanitised football club" piece had a few truths in it.[/quote]

Remember this was the old south stand, there are a few of them left in there, they lways were like that....and it seems nothing has changed![/quote]The "OLD" South Stand when it was Terracing was not quiet.

Agree absolutely, but why do we have to rush through ''On the ball...'' it seems to get quicker every season and loses it''s gut wrenching power for me!

I get the same where i sit as soon as i get behind my team................they start moaning.....and the bit that galls me the most i am there week in week out...everyone else changes like the wind changes direction.But whoever sits around me,always moans no matter what! Miserable fair weather bar stewards.

In the SOUTH STAND today I saw:A woman in a fur coatA young lady in a prada leather jacket.A couple enjoying a nice take-away pizza from pizza hut during half timeA young girl more interested in her DS than the footballand about 100 or so people in my block have the misfortune (haha) of missing our equaliser to run off before full time and annoy everyone by blocking our view. Times have changed I guess.

Had a bloke sitting behind me....lower Barclay, must have been about 70....kept asking his companion why everyone kept standing up!!!

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Oddly enough I was 3 rows from the front in the block closest to the away fans, H I think ?  We also had a go at getting some singing going, but unless a deafening roar rolls over the Jarrold Stand and they get caught up in it, you get very little response.  I guess the angry looks could have been as much about the ref as anything else.  A kid a couple of rows back from us had been singing "the referees a " and then left a little gap, knowing what would happen if he finished the sentence.  Eventually he plucked up the courage to sing "The referees a plonker" to the amusement of all around him.  I suppose the looks are probably because the kind of people who sing at games are the kind of people who swear at games, and how very dare we teach our kids to do that...
[/quote]

We must have been block J then as an earlier poster said.  People repeatedly turning round to glare at us didn`t have anything to do with the ref unless it was some weird transfer of anger thing going on.  Must admit towards the end i did say to my mate "Too many consumers, not enough supporters" pretty loudly which probably didn`t help.....I really would love to hear these people explain themselves, but i bet they won`t. 

Never again!!! I was there for the Stockport game, only as I had allowed the son''s girlfriend to use my seat (thinking ahead I want a NCFC fan as a daughter in law) and therefore was half way up the South Stand in line with the half way line.

It was obvious from the start, I was the only one in my area who finished the pre match OTBC. I got strange looks for singing along to songs coming from the Barclay.

Granted you get an excellent view of the game and can hear the players talking to each other (not just shouting!) but for atmosphere and vocal support, no thanks!

Also the men around me (60+) delighted me with a running commentary all game with constant moaning!!! The River End of old times.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Oddly enough I was 3 rows from the front in the block closest to the away fans, H I think ?  We also had a go at getting some singing going, but unless a deafening roar rolls over the Jarrold Stand and they get caught up in it, you get very little response.  I guess the angry looks could have been as much about the ref as anything else.  A kid a couple of rows back from us had been singing "the referees a " and then left a little gap, knowing what would happen if he finished the sentence.  Eventually he plucked up the courage to sing "The referees a plonker" to the amusement of all around him.  I suppose the looks are probably because the kind of people who sing at games are the kind of people who swear at games, and how very dare we teach our kids to do that...
[/quote]

We must have been block J then as an earlier poster said.  People repeatedly turning round to glare at us didn`t have anything to do with the ref unless it was some weird transfer of anger thing going on.  Must admit towards the end i did say to my mate "Too many consumers, not enough supporters" pretty loudly which probably didn`t help.....I really would love to hear these people explain themselves, but i bet they won`t. 

[/quote]

Were  you standing up? If so, that may be the reason for their black looks. Please don''t tar all Jarrold Standers with the same brush though!

I have been sitting in block J of the Jarrold stand for 3 years now and i agree you do get funny looks if you sing or shout  . there is constant moaning during the game BUT i put up with all of this for the really big games (scum,leeds this year ) when i am only spitting distance from the away fans and you don''t get an atmosphere quite like it anywhere else in the ground 

SING UP THE JARROLD    

So the Jarrold is no good for me Mr Carrow! But where shall I move too as I get older and need to sit? What is the sensible option for an ageing Barclay Boy to progress towards retirement?

My dad,being a typical mouthy east end cockney,when he started going to Norwich matches,in late 60`s early 70`s,he used to shout shout out stuff all the time in the south stand as my embarresed older bro used to tell me..Especially at the ref ,things like,Send the Blind whatever to millwall! they will sort him out!" .Apprantly a ref was hospitalised in the 60`s at milwall..And the most embarssesin thing he did accordin to bro was away at watford when we took 11,000..As it started to rain,the norwich end was uncovered and with the watford end covered and with them giving norwich and invitation song "if you want us come and get us." ,norwich fans invaded the pitch and started running across..Where my dad decided to go on the pitch,take a loud hailer from a policeman and stand facing the fans running towards him,telling them to use the side of the pitch as we will mess the pitch up!..So glad he was in his 50`s when i was first going and had calmed down!

[quote user="yellow blood"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Were  you standing up? If so, that may be the reason for their black looks. Please don''t tar all Jarrold Standers with the same brush though!

[/quote]

Nope, sitting down.  I know there are some proper supporters in the South but they do seem to be outnumbered.  I`m still waiting to hear someone explain to me why they feel uncomfortable with people supporting their team at a football match??  I`m fairly confident they can both read and write....

Front row Block K Jarrold...settled here for the time being and trying to liven things up. Watch out for some lively goal celebrations...wouldn''t want to sit anywhere else. COME ON YOU YELLOWS!!!!

I have to say, as someone who sits in the Jarrold Stand to listen to opera on my Walkman in peace I was shocked by some of the behaviour yesterday.

At one point a seemingly respectable-looking chap in a tweed jacket actually got up from his seat (in DIRECT contravention of ground regulations) and swore at the referee.

Other fellow opera buffs later so forgot themselves they joined in with the deeply regretable attcks on the referee,s integrity and competence.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Must admit towards the end i did say to my mate "Too many consumers, not enough supporters".....[/quote]Ah, so the accounts weren''t responsible for our demise over the last few years after all Mr Carrow, it was because of them "consumers" in the South Stand all the while! [^o)]

That explains it all! [Y]

It does beg the question though, your close associate Tangy reckons the fault lies with the stand opposite which he calls "the biscuit chasers morgue". As a South Stander himself  does this mean that the C.G.F.P.A. is falling apart? [:^)]

I mean, if you two highly trained F.P A.s can''t agree which stand contains the most corpses, it''s easy to see why your campaign to confuse fans with figures failed. [;)]

Anyway, I''m with you on this one........

SOUTH STAND AND CITY STAND SUPPORTERS OUT!! [:@][:@][8o|] 

[;)] 

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

So the Jarrold is no good for me Mr Carrow! But where shall I move too as I get older and need to sit? What is the sensible option for an ageing Barclay Boy to progress towards retirement?

[/quote]

Nutty, i have heard that you are not slow to get behind your team and with that we have one thing in common [;)] [Y]  I`m sure you know you never have to stop being a Barclay Boy, just swap tiers. 

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Must admit towards the end i did say to my mate "Too many consumers, not enough supporters".....[/quote]Ah, so the accounts weren''t responsible for our demise over the last few years after all Mr Carrow, it was because of them "consumers" in the South Stand all the while! [^o)]

That explains it all! [Y]

It does beg the question though, your close associate Tangy reckons the fault lies with the stand opposite which he calls "the biscuit chasers morgue". As a South Stander himself  does this mean that the C.G.F.P.A. is falling apart? [:^)]

I mean, if you two highly trained F.P A.s can''t agree which stand contains the most corpses, it''s easy to see why your campaign to confuse fans with figures failed. [;)]

Anyway, I''m with you on this one........

SOUTH STAND AND CITY STAND SUPPORTERS OUT!! [:@][:@][8o|] 

[;)] 

[/quote]

I`m looking forward to your first post which includes a substantive point......

I was in the Jarrold yesterday and I was one of those who was making eyes at an idiot who had a one man crusade to sing songs (badly!)...This same idiot shouted that he thought the lino was a c*nt and that the MK Don''s keeper was a black bastard so based on that I think I have every right to judge....I''m all for a sing song and some banter but there is a line and it was crossed yesterday. Maybe I should have made my thoughts known to this idiot but I was waiting for the steward to say something but all he did was watch and say nothing.