Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

CAFC... what a bunch of idiots!

Why have thousands of empty seats in the ground on April 17th?Can they really afford to be turning away £100,000 plus in lost revenue???

[quote user="City penguin"]aslong as you havent got an NR postcode home tickets will be easy to get hold off.[/quote]I''ve got a Cambs post code. Surely they require you to a) be a member of the red card club and to have a purchase history ?

Surely they would sell tickets on the day if they have that many seats spare ... wouldnt they?

It''s ridiculous, you need to be both a red card member and have a 3 match history of purchases this season- I swear if you were actually a Charlton fan who hardly got to see their home matches then you''d be screwed...

[quote user="Henry"]Surely they would sell tickets on the day if they have that many seats spare ... wouldnt they?
[/quote]

Nope, I rang up and asked but they were being really strict about it (even though my accents a London one!)

[quote user="Title chasing CT "][quote user="City penguin"]aslong as you havent got an NR postcode home tickets will be easy to get hold off.[/quote]I''ve got a Cambs post code. Surely they require you to a) be a member of the red card club and to have a purchase history ?[/quote]I have not called them myself as yet CT but I am pretty sure from what I have heard that this is going to be the case.I really can''t see why they just don''t allocate us more, it is ridiculous.Let''s assume that they get a crowd of 20,000 against us.  By allocating us just another 3,000 tickets (which would leave plenty of room for segregation and taking away any additional policing costs) they would be likely to make in excess of £100,000 additional profit.Instead it seems that Charlton would prefer to turn away this additional revenue to leave approx 7,000 seats empty.  Unless CAFC revue this decision then I hope they stay down and rot in this league for a very long time!

I think I have been taking drugs or something this morning REVIEW their decision I obviously meant to say... [:$]

[quote user="Smudger"]I think I have been taking drugs or something this morning REVIEW their decision I obviously meant to say... [/quote]

I think you had it right first time. They are a bit of a cabaret show, after all...

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Title chasing CT "][quote user="City penguin"]aslong as you havent got an NR postcode home tickets will be easy to get hold off.[/quote]

I''ve got a Cambs post code. Surely they require you to a) be a member of the red card club and to have a purchase history ?
[/quote]

I have not called them myself as yet CT but I am pretty sure from what I have heard that this is going to be the case.

I really can''t see why they just don''t allocate us more, it is ridiculous.

Let''s assume that they get a crowd of 20,000 against us.  By allocating us just another 3,000 tickets (which would leave plenty of room for segregation and taking away any additional policing costs) they would be likely to make in excess of £100,000 additional profit.

Instead it seems that Charlton would prefer to turn away this additional revenue to leave approx 7,000 seats empty. 

Unless CAFC revue this decision then I hope they stay down and rot in this league for a very long time!
[/quote]

Excuses I''ve heard used are:

1) Don''t want to move season ticket holders

and

2) Concourse of stand can''t be segregated

The East Stand can be segregated. Charlton played Leicester in the FA Cup a few years ago and Leicester fans were allocated the South Stand as well as a couple of blocks in the East Stand, around 4000 tickets in total.

[quote user="Canary Wharf Canary"]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Title chasing CT "][quote user="City penguin"]aslong as you havent got an NR postcode home tickets will be easy to get hold off.[/quote]I''ve got a Cambs post code. Surely they require you to a) be a member of the red card club and to have a purchase history ?[/quote]I have not called them myself as yet CT but I am pretty sure from what I have heard that this is going to be the case.I really can''t see why they just don''t allocate us more, it is ridiculous.Let''s assume that they get a crowd of 20,000 against us.  By allocating us just another 3,000 tickets (which would leave plenty of room for segregation and taking away any additional policing costs) they would be likely to make in excess of £100,000 additional profit.Instead it seems that Charlton would prefer to turn away this additional revenue to leave approx 7,000 seats empty.  Unless CAFC revue this decision then I hope they stay down and rot in this league for a very long time![/quote]

Excuses I''ve heard used are:

1) Don''t want to move season ticket holders

and

2) Concourse of stand can''t be segregated

[/quote]Yeah what a load of bull though... I reckon City fans should turn up with or without tickets (especially the many who live in the London area who can''t get in for one reason or another).The Football League are an absolute joke too and should be stepping in to prevent things like this happening.  If it was Leeds instead of ourselves then the stupidity of CAFC and the Football League would of created a bubbling hot pot for potential trouble on April 17th.To seperate the stand concourse all that they need is a light railing and to get a few more police officers on duty.  They are simply pissing off a lot o f NCFC fans and throwing away £100,000+ in additional revenue by making the stance they have chosen to take.  Unless they back down on it over the next couple of days or so then I hope CAFC rot in the 3rd tier or lower for a very long time indeed!

[quote user="Smudger"]Why have thousands of empty seats in the ground on April 17th?

Can they really afford to be turning away £100,000 plus in lost revenue???
[/quote]

I agree and think its stupid too [:''(] clubs are screaming they have money troubels yet they do nothing to help themselves.

[quote user="Hackney Canary"][quote user="Smudger"]I think I have been taking drugs or something this morning REVIEW their decision I obviously meant to say... [/quote]

I think you had it right first time. They are a bit of a cabaret show, after all...[/quote]It is certainly satirical for them to be turning down £100,000+ in their current situation.I hope that they stay down if that is their final decsion on the matter and that they get relegated next year.  I wonder if they will continue to keep turning opposition fans away from their half empty ground in the 4th tier???

could this not be the police decision rather than the club itself , be interesting to see the policy for the Leeds game on 1st May , which in many ways is a bigger game - we have no divine right to go anywhere and expect to receive as many tickets as we want - other clubs have fans too and they should always take priority over away fans

[quote user="gary "]could this not be the police decision rather than the club itself , be interesting to see the policy for the Leeds game on 1st May , which in many ways is a bigger game - we have no divine right to go anywhere and expect to receive as many tickets as we want - other clubs have fans too and they should always take priority over away fans[/quote]

Now you have done it!!

Mentioned the police and tickets in one thread to Smudger [;)]

[quote user="gary "]could this not be the police decision rather than the club itself , be interesting to see the policy for the Leeds game on 1st May , which in many ways is a bigger game - we have no divine right to go anywhere and expect to receive as many tickets as we want - other clubs have fans too and they should always take priority over away fans[/quote]Well I hope that the fans of CAFC applaud thier board if they stay down and run in to financial difficulties next season... here''s hoping!

Also it is not a police decision as I believe their East Stand holds 6,000 and so it would of been the ideal solution to of housed us in there.It boils down to CAFC not wanting to move a couple of thousand (tops) season ticket holders in that stand so that they could make approx £150k in extra revenue.Therefore I hope that CAFC run in to the severe financial problems they had not so many years ago and the supporters who think along the lines of "why should I move for the oppositions fans" are happy with a team struggling at the foot of the 3rd tier and heading for the 4th.  Maybe when they have 14,000 empty seats as opposed to 7,000 they will start to think a bit differently???

I agree with Smudge. It''s not that hard to move a few season ticket holders and to segregate people. And for the added incentive of about £100,000....

I will be watching the beam back unfortunately as I have 9 stubs so I couldnt get in the upper group. But I got to see Colchester away in the flesh. So the ballot has been kind has been kind to me this season.

so if we were playing in front of say 15,000 people and the league leaders were in town for a game which could clinch promtion or the title , we had 10,000 empty seats and the opposition wanted 7,000 tickets instead of the usual three - we could accommodate this easily within the ground , but we would have to move 2,000 fans away from the increased away support , as well as that we would need a greater police presence due to the concourse that now has a larger need for the away support and a greater chance of pitch encroachment from the celebrating visitors should they clinch anything

how would you feel about that , I would say stuff them , we want our seats for our fans on our terms - get over it , you have not got a ticket because charlton and / or the Met police have decided our allocation and we have allocated them fairly and squarely as per our usual procedure

Charlton are the home club , they can basically do what they like and it is tough - they didn;t give Millwall more than the one end of the Valley , so why should they do it for us

[quote user="gary "]so if we were playing in front of say 15,000 people and the league leaders were in town for a game which could clinch promtion or the title , we had 10,000 empty seats and the opposition wanted 7,000 tickets instead of the usual three - we could accommodate this easily within the ground , but we would have to move 2,000 fans away from the increased away support , as well as that we would need a greater police presence due to the concourse that now has a larger need for the away support and a greater chance of pitch encroachment from the celebrating visitors should they clinch anything

how would you feel about that , I would say stuff them , we want our seats for our fans on our terms - get over it , you have not got a ticket because charlton and / or the Met police have decided our allocation and we have allocated them fairly and squarely as per our usual procedure

Charlton are the home club , they can basically do what they like and it is tough - they didn;t give Millwall more than the one end of the Valley , so why should they do it for us[/quote]Fine.. but I for one will be laughing my head off if Charlton run in to serious financial trouble next season and nobody comes to bail them out!Won''t it be wonderful watching the 2,000 (if there are that many season ticket holders in their East Stand) scrabbling around for loose change to see if they can get a new club entered in to the Ryman League or something such like in a couple of years?  I wonder if they will be happy with their current boards stance on allocating tickets to away fans then???

they had 6.500 renewals at their first deadline , I dislike charlton thanks to their delusions of grandeur and the way they try and draw support from Kent and do down Gillingham , however the attitude you have comes across as arrogant and I always took pride in the way NCFC and our fans were not like that , we were given an allocation that allocation has gone , get on with it , nothing gained by harping on arrogantly about moving season ticket holders etc

[quote user="gary "]they had 6.500 renewals at their first deadline , I dislike charlton thanks to their delusions of grandeur and the way they try and draw support from Kent and do down Gillingham , however the attitude you have comes across as arrogant and I always took pride in the way NCFC and our fans were not like that , we were given an allocation that allocation has gone , get on with it , nothing gained by harping on arrogantly about moving season ticket holders etc[/quote]Exactly... 6,500 season ticket holders in a ground which holds 27,000 (Most of those will be in their West Stand and North Stand).  How many people would they of had to have moved in the East Stand exactly?If they run in to financial difficulties next season should they be awarded more of a penalty due to making decsions like this?I would have no problem with NCFC giving opposing teams bigger allocations if the room was there.  At a smaller Ground such as Gillingham there would not be any room to give us a bigger allocation than the whole of the end behind the goal with no roof.Why does it come across as arrogant?  We could of sold 6,000 tickets for the upcoming game with Charlton quite easily... it comes across to me as them being arrogant having 7,000 empty seats, struggling financially, yet unwilling to let an additional 3,000 City fans possibly witness us winning promotion or the title just so they can supposedly not have to ask a few fans of their own to move to another stand.  Leyton Orient done it for us when they didn''t have to either because they realised that they could not turn away the additional revenue.  Charlton however have decided that they do not want the additional Norwich fans there as they are obviously hoping that they can get 3 points from the game and still clinch automatic promotion themselves.  I for one do not buy in to the arguement that for the sake of moving what maybe 1,000 season ticket holders to make probably in excess of £150k additional revenue the Charlton Board are fighting for the rights of those few season ticket holders do you???

Moving season ticker holders to accommodate extra Norwich fans has happened before. I remember when we played Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park in the 2003/04 season. Palace gave us the whole Arthur Wait Stand, around 8000 seats instead of the usual 2500. All their season tickets holders in the Arthur Wait Stand were relocated to other parts of the ground for the match. On the Day City were poor and lost 1-0!

[quote user="barclayendstand"]Moving season ticker holders to accommodate extra Norwich fans has happened before. I remember when we played Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park in the 2003/04 season. Palace gave us the whole Arthur Wait Stand, around 8000 seats instead of the usual 2500. All their season tickets holders in the Arthur Wait Stand were relocated to other parts of the ground for the match. On the Day City were poor and lost 1-0![/quote]Is also happening at Leyton Orient next week mate... [Y]I will be laughing my head off when Charlton have 14,000 empty seats and are struggling at the foot of this league next season whinging about how skint they are!

Leeds could have sold 7,000 tickets for their game here , We could have sold this , they could have sold that , Charlton can do what they like when it is their home game of course they want to do what is best for their promotion chances , I cannot stand Charlton but can see exactly why they have done what they have. We have no right demanding they move season ticket holders - Orient are a smaller club and having already done the same when they played Leeds and Southampton , there was always a fair chance they would do it for us , Orient are a decent community club and therefore they understand their limits , Charlton think they should be in the Premier League still and act accordingly , they have a very high and mighty attitude but I cannot see anything that says they should move their season ticket holders for our benefit 0- the arrogance comes from the belief that because we can sell 7,000 tickets they should give us 7,000 tickets , because we are Norwich and we can sell them - you are starting to sound like a Leeds fan - no club has any divine right to an allocation of tickets for an away game - If Norwich said , sorry this club wants more than our 2,500 allocation so we are moving you out of the seat you paid for a year ago and selling it to an away fan - you would go mental and correctly so - a clubs first responsibiolity is to their own fans

[quote user="gary "]Leeds could have sold 7,000 tickets for their game here , We could have sold this , they could have sold that , Charlton can do what they like when it is their home game of course they want to do what is best for their promotion chances , I cannot stand Charlton but can see exactly why they have done what they have. We have no right demanding they move season ticket holders - Orient are a smaller club and having already done the same when they played Leeds and Southampton , there was always a fair chance they would do it for us , Orient are a decent community club and therefore they understand their limits , Charlton think they should be in the Premier League still and act accordingly , they have a very high and mighty attitude but I cannot see anything that says they should move their season ticket holders for our benefit 0- the arrogance comes from the belief that because we can sell 7,000 tickets they should give us 7,000 tickets , because we are Norwich and we can sell them - you are starting to sound like a Leeds fan - no club has any divine right to an allocation of tickets for an away game - If Norwich said , sorry this club wants more than our 2,500 allocation so we are moving you out of the seat you paid for a year ago and selling it to an away fan - you would go mental and correctly so - a clubs first responsibiolity is to their own fans[/quote]No I wouldn''t go mental at all.  If in our current situation we could make an additional £150k by me moving seat for one game - once, twice or three times per year then I would defo be up for it.  I guess to some people, sitting near their friends is more important than the success of the club that they follow?Leeds may have been able to sell 7,000 tickets for their game here and we would have probably given them the tickets if it wasn''t for the fact that we could of probably sold 35,000 tickets to our own fans yet only have a ground which holds 25,000So again who is being arrogant?  CAFC directors or the fans of NCFC who wish to see their team play in one of the most important matches for years only to find out they can''t get tickets despite approx 7,000 seats in the ground being empty come April 17th?

You would not be happy to move and I suspect there would not be one fan who would be

Charlton are arrogant because they still believe they are Premier League standard , but NCFC fans are also arrogant to expect other clubs to provide whatever tickets they want , is this game more important than the Charlton game last year when I believe we were allocated a similar number of tickets and a beam back was organised - as it is this year - is it more important than Fulham away , where we were allocated 3,000 and had access to more because Fulham have no fans - is it more important than Colchester away where we were allocated one end and no more ( I know people had ways round it )

We should stop coming over hard done by , if we were in the champoionship away at say Blackpool or Scunthorpe how many tickets would we get , nowhere near enough to meet the demand ,