Sign in to follow this  
NCFC4LIFE

Lappin Dropped??

[quote user="marrison89"][quote user="morty"]Wow, you really got out of bed the wrong side today, didn''t you?[/quote]Not quite, I set my eyes on yet more of your ''contributions'' and thought I''d finally give you an education.Nothing more.[/quote]Well I am extremely grateful for your concern regarding the quality of my posting, thank you so much.The forum really is a better place for your kindness.

I agree Lappin should be dropped.  He''s been off the boil for at least 6 weeks, and he looks slow and laborious.  In the last few games name me a moment where Lappin has done something that has changed the game etc.I would have dropped him in January to be honest, and I don''t think there is a chance he can cut it in the Championship, as has been proven before.

[quote user="morty"]Well I am extremely grateful for your concern regarding the quality of my posting, thank you so much.The forum really is a better place for your kindness.[/quote]Pipe down sarcy, I''m giving you a heads up that''s all. Make from it whatever you will.

[quote user="marrison89"][quote user="morty"]Well I am extremely grateful for your concern regarding the quality of my posting, thank you so much.The forum really is a better place for your kindness.[/quote]Pipe down sarcy, I''m giving you a heads up that''s all. Make from it whatever you will.[/quote]Mate, I don''t give a flying fig what you think of me.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]So you feel his performances in recent weeks have been above average??

Have you been to any matches recently?!!

[/quote]

I go to every home game.

If he wasn''t performing then Mr Lambert (who knows more about this than you do) would have dropped him already.
[/quote]

Ha ha ha love it!  Mr Lambert knows best so stop being so silly and take your opinion else where.  The fact that Lappin has been poor recently is not something you should say on here my boy. Even though you are right! 

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]So you feel his performances in recent weeks have been above average??Have you been to any matches recently?!!

[/quote]I go to every home game.If he wasn''t performing then Mr Lambert (who knows more about this than you do) would have dropped him already.[/quote]

Ha ha ha love it!  Mr Lambert knows best so stop being so silly and take your opinion else where.  The fact that Lappin has been poor recently is not something you should say on here my boy. Even though you are right! 

[/quote]

So if he has been so poor recently, in your opinion, why does he still get on the pitch?

Don''t see people''s indignation at this really, Mcnamee in the hole clearly doesn''t work, so with Hoolahan out we should be going 4-4-2,  IMO our best midfield/attack for the Weekend is as follows:Martin      Johnson/ElliotMcnamee  Smith  Russell  HughesCan swap round Smith and Hughes as well, but I much prefer that midfield to replacing Mcnamee with Lappin. If we''re going 4-4-2 we need an out-and-out winger to help in attack and Mcnamee is our best for this, and he plays on the left.

Lappin is a carrier, when we play well he is involved in a winning team so is deemed to be playing well, but if we were having a poor season he would be one of the first players out. Tranmere away was a prime example of showing we didn''t miss him in the midfield.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]So you feel his performances in recent weeks have been above average??

[/quote]

I go to every home game.

If he wasn''t performing then Mr Lambert (who knows more about this than you do) would have dropped him already.
[/quote]

[/quote]

So if he has been so poor recently, in your opinion, why does he still get on the pitch?
[/quote]

He works hard in training and has impressed Lambert with his attitude, the team is winning, Lambert isnt going to rush to change things is he? Why should he? That doesnt mean that Lappin has been playing well however.   

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"][quote user="morty"][quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]So you feel his performances in recent weeks have been above average??Have you been to any matches recently?!!

[/quote]I go to every home game.If he wasn''t performing then Mr Lambert (who knows more about this than you do) would have dropped him already.[/quote]

[/quote]

So if he has been so poor recently, in your opinion, why does he still get on the pitch?[/quote]

He works hard in training and has impressed Lambert with his attitude, the team is winning, Lambert isnt going to rush to change things is he? Why should he? That doesnt mean that Lappin has been playing well however.   

[/quote]So he''s working hard in training, has a good attitude and the team are winning, and the manager doesn''t see fit to drop him?That all kind of adds up to "he''s playing well enough to stay in the team" in my opinion.And all though my point about Lambert may seem patronising, it is correct, he is seeing something in Lappin that we aren''t, I think the manager has shown he is quick enough to wield the axe if someone isn''t pulling their weight.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="thefutureisyellow"][quote user="morty"][quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

[/quote]

I go to every home game.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So he''s working hard in training, has a good attitude and the team are winning, and the manager doesn''t see fit to drop him?

That all kind of adds up to "he''s playing well enough to stay in the team" in my opinion.

And all though my point about Lambert may seem patronising, it is correct, he is seeing something in Lappin that we aren''t, I think the manager has shown he is quick enough to wield the axe if someone isn''t pulling their weight.

[/quote]

Do you think Lambert has ever made a mistake?

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"][quote user="morty"][quote user="thefutureisyellow"][quote user="morty"][quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

[/quote]

So if he has been so poor recently, in your opinion, why does he still get on the pitch?[/quote]

[/quote]So he''s working hard in training, has a good attitude and the team are winning, and the manager doesn''t see fit to drop him?That all kind of adds up to "he''s playing well enough to stay in the team" in my opinion.And all though my point about Lambert may seem patronising, it is correct, he is seeing something in Lappin that we aren''t, I think the manager has shown he is quick enough to wield the axe if someone isn''t pulling their weight.

[/quote]

[/quote]I''m sure he has. But if you are trying to imply that he is wrong about Lappin and you are right then I think you may be onto a loser there.

[quote user="whoareyou"]

[quote user="CanaryJames"]Simon Lappin was one of the best players against Stockport, and played pretty well against MK Dons too. No way should he be dropped.[/quote]

Missed an open goal from two yards as i remember it! [:D]

[/quote]If every player who''s missed an open goal or close shot on goal this season was to be dropped, we wouldn''t have many first team players left to field

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"][quote user="morty"][quote user="thefutureisyellow"][quote user="morty"][quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

[/quote]

I go to every home game.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So he''s working hard in training, has a good attitude and the team are winning, and the manager doesn''t see fit to drop him?

That all kind of adds up to "he''s playing well enough to stay in the team" in my opinion.

And all though my point about Lambert may seem patronising, it is correct, he is seeing something in Lappin that we aren''t, I think the manager has shown he is quick enough to wield the axe if someone isn''t pulling their weight.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Michael Rose.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Morty is a good reason for migrating.

OTBC

[/quote]Piss off you old whingebag.[:)]

Put your handbags away boys and go make yourselves a calming cup of cammomile. Honestly, it''s like playschool on here tonight.Lappin''s had some good games and some not so good games this season. So have several other players. We''re at the stage of the season when players are tired and make mistakes. I''m sure Lambert would rest Lappin if he felt it was needed, as he has done with Korey and Chris Martin.

[quote user="IbleedYellow and Green"]I Offically Set this day to pick on morty day because he doesnt agree with a silly postAgreed? or am i going to be called a tw*t?[/quote]tw*t.[:D]

[quote user="IbleedYellow and Green"]i was trying to stick up for you[/quote]I know you were, and I was having a laugh with you, hence the [:D]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Morty is a good reason for migrating.

OTBC

[/quote]

Piss off you old whingebag.

[:)]
[/quote]

Morty is a very good reason for migrating.

OTBC

[quote user="morty"]Lol, you really the worst ever troll I have ever seen.
[/quote]

[|-)]

Don''t you see that WITS says you''re to shut up for the night, eh?

It''s not wise to cross the fairer sex.

[:D]

OTBC

Completely agree with the post. Go home and away and he has been dross. He is one of our poorer players and the reason he is picked is 1. He''s scottish, so gets on well with Lambert. 2. Theres no one else to ideally to replace him. 3.He''s left footed so Lambert thinks he offers more in that position. If anyone thinks he has had any impact in the last 2 months then they don''t have a clue about anything football related. He runs around a lot but to be fair so could I. His distribution has been poor, delivery poor, crossing poor, no goals=poor. He needs to be dropped if only to have a rest and realise he needs to up his game.

[/quote]I go to every home game.If he wasn''t performing then Mr Lambert (who knows more about this than you do) would have dropped him already.[/quote]Am afraid to say that if Mr Lambert can''t yet see the weak link in his midfield then I start to question a manager who won the European Cup playing in midfield.There is no way whatsoever that Simon Lappin currently deserves a place in our startin eleven and that has been the case for some time now.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]"Simon Lappin although a fantastic contributor" I am not moaning, and clearly pointed out in my post that he has been an excelelnt palyer for us this season, but i feel his performance over the past couple of months have not been up to scratch!!!I for one am not questioning Lamberts team selection but i know the Lappin i saw at the start and middle of the season, and he is not finishing the season as the same player..... You may go to every game but do you actually watch???[/quote]So why does Lambert keep playing him? Why doesn''t he take your advice?[/quote]The honneymoon period for Lambert is nearly over Lapp.We have been playing in a league that is very short on quality and Simon Lappin''s days in the team are numbered.  Maybe Lambert knows this better than you think he does, maybe he doesn''t?We will just have to wait and see, but what I will guarantee you is that any Championship team with Simon Lappin in their midfield is going to get well and truly murdererd!