Sign in to follow this  
NCFC4LIFE

Lappin Dropped??

Ok, so after the past few games i have come to the conclusion that Simon Lappin although a fantastic contributor this season should be dropped!!! The game against MK Dons was a real eye opener, he often gets dragged into the middle of the park which leaves an already vulnerable McNamee isolated!!! His efforts this season have been second to none and i value his play this season but i feel over the past couple of months his performance has been left wanting?! With two difficult games againt the O''s and Charlton coming up i feel he needs to be dropped, especially due to the fact that hoolihan is injured and subsequently the diamond formation wont be used......Just wanting to know anyones opinion on this and who they would like to see Lappin be replaced by......OTBCp.s. cant wait for Charlton game!!!!

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]So you feel his performances in recent weeks have been above average??Have you been to any matches recently?!!

[/quote]I go to every home game.If he wasn''t performing then Mr Lambert (who knows more about this than you do) would have dropped him already.

"Simon Lappin although a fantastic contributor" I am not moaning, and clearly pointed out in my post that he has been an excelelnt palyer for us this season, but i feel his performance over the past couple of months have not been up to scratch!!!I for one am not questioning Lamberts team selection but i know the Lappin i saw at the start and middle of the season, and he is not finishing the season as the same player..... You may go to every game but do you actually watch???

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]"Simon Lappin although a fantastic contributor"

I am not moaning, and clearly pointed out in my post that he has been an excelelnt palyer for us this season, but i feel his performance over the past couple of months have not been up to scratch!!!

I for one am not questioning Lamberts team selection but i know the Lappin i saw at the start and middle of the season, and he is not finishing the season as the same player.....

You may go to every game but do you actually watch???
[/quote]So why does Lambert keep playing him? Why doesn''t he take your advice?

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]"Simon Lappin although a fantastic contributor" I am not moaning, and clearly pointed out in my post that he has been an excelelnt palyer for us this season, but i feel his performance over the past couple of months have not been up to scratch!!!I for one am not questioning Lamberts team selection but i know the Lappin i saw at the start and middle of the season, and he is not finishing the season as the same player..... You may go to every game but do you actually watch???[/quote]So you are saying he is an excellent player, but should be dropped?Yes I watch. You are entitled to your opinion, as am I.But my opinion of your opinion is that it is crap.

There is no doubt Lambert rates Lappin, as i do!!! Once again been a great player for us this season, in my opinion (which i am intitled to) i think he should be dropped.

let me guess morty you sit on your hands in the Jarrold??LOLp.s. i would say your opinion is crap also but you havnt given one?!

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]let me guess morty you sit on your hands in the Jarrold??LOLp.s. i would say your opinion is crap also but you havnt given one?![/quote]I sit in the Barclay as I have done for the last 10 years, sat in the south stand before that.Your opinion contradicts itself and is therefore flawed.You are another in a long line of people trying to find a scapegoat for lackluster performances of late when the reasons are obvious to anyone who knows anything about football.My opinion doesn''t matter, Lambert''s is the only one that counts.Have a nice day.[:)]

Totally agree with you 4LIFE - a group of us from the upper barclay were saying exactly the same thing after the game on saturday. Lappin has been doing well for us for the majority of the season but in the past few matches his form has dipped quite dramatically. His shots on goal have been awful, mainly due to him having a poor right foot, and he has given the ball away far too many times at critical stages in games. I would not be at all suprised to see him warming the bench sometime soon if things don''t improve.

Well correct me if im wrong but that is what a football forum is for to discuss recent performance and peoples views and opinions...... So we are agreed on one thing the recent performances havnt been great, therefore there must be a reason for that, and yes simply i think we are missing Hoolihan. The players including Lappin are used to playing the Diamond and without Hoolihan this is simply not going to happen....... If you had actually read my post and not gone for the throat and assumed i was pointing fingers and looking for a scapegoat then you would have realised i was trying to suggest that four four two does not suit Lappin as he is a central midfielder, Korey and Russel have these positions rapped up.....So Morty stop being a belligerent old T*AT and start thinking about going to sit back in the Jarold......

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]Well correct me if im wrong but that is what a football forum is for to discuss recent performance and peoples views and opinions...... So we are agreed on one thing the recent performances havnt been great, therefore there must be a reason for that, and yes simply i think we are missing Hoolihan. The players including Lappin are used to playing the Diamond and without Hoolihan this is simply not going to happen....... If you had actually read my post and not gone for the throat and assumed i was pointing fingers and looking for a scapegoat then you would have realised i was trying to suggest that four four two does not suit Lappin as he is a central midfielder, Korey and Russel have these positions rapped up.....So Morty stop being a belligerent old T*AT and start thinking about going to sit back in the Jarold......[/quote]Fancy meeting up and calling me a t*wat to my face?

Simon Lappin was one of the best players against Stockport, and played pretty well against MK Dons too.

No way should he be dropped.

[quote user="morty"]Didn''t think so somehow.Roll on the end of the frigging school holidays.[/quote]There is you saying roll on the School holidays...... I''m not the one saying someone''s opinion is crap then offering them out!!!!Im 25 mate, i''ve come on here because i think Lappin should be dropped...... If you dont agree say so and why and we can have a grown up conversation instead of, this post = crap......And as far as meeting up is concerned................ all i can say is LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="CanaryJames"]Simon Lappin was one of the best players against Stockport, and played pretty well against MK Dons too.

No way should he be dropped.[/quote]Stockport and MK Dons both games our midfield was shocking...... So what exactly did Lappin do on Saturday that makes you think he played pretty well, just interested?!

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"][quote user="morty"]Didn''t think so somehow.Roll on the end of the frigging school holidays.[/quote]There is you saying roll on the School holidays...... I''m not the one saying someone''s opinion is crap then offering them out!!!!Im 25 mate, i''ve come on here because i think Lappin should be dropped...... If you dont agree say so and why and we can have a grown up conversation instead of, this post = crap......And as far as meeting up is concerned................ all i can say is LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/quote]You are the one who started with the insults if you care to read back.You have already answered your own question in saying he is a great player, and I have further reinforced my opinion by stating that if he wasn''t performing then Lambert would have already dropped him.I still stand by my original opinion that you are talking crap.[:)]

Well against Stockport when Russell was dire, and Smith was struggling, Lappin ended up carrying the midfield most of the game.

Two crucial blocks/tackles when Stockport players were through on goal, and his delivery was pretty decent.

MK Dons...not as good, but still got stuck in. Did comfortably more than Russell and McNamee did anyway. And set-pieces were good.

Yes i was the one that called you a T*AT but i wouldnt have if you had''nt insulted me by saying my opinion is crap which is an insult in itself!!!!No I havnt answered my own question i stated he should be dropped as his performance has been shocking over the last month, and gave reasons for this, you have not!!!!so therefore i stand by my original opinion that your a T*AT!!!!

[quote user="morty"]Lol.

[:D]
[/quote]

Wow morts, you''ve had a pretty comprehensive virtual bitch slapping and no mistake. Best you don''t try to take on the intellectual giants of the forum in future ........[;)]

Very good Beauseant...... Wink [;)]Please dont tell me your another one of these people on this forum, that correct every punctuation or grammatical mistake made!!!!Some people dont have time to worry about this, unless they are unemployed, or have a shit job were there employers dont really care if they spend all day on The Pinkun!!!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="morty"]Lol.[:D][/quote]

Wow morts, you''ve had a pretty comprehensive virtual bitch slapping and no mistake. Best you don''t try to take on the intellectual giants of the forum in future ........[;)]

[/quote]Lesson learned Beau.I should stick to the basics like baiting Wiz and Bly.[:D]