Sign in to follow this  
pete_norw

Charlton Travel

Been on offi site and and its as clear as mud, which is best way from Kings cross, not my choice of station, but any help on directions I would be very grateful please don''t say use the railway website, they are more confusing, what with the impending works and such like, decided to go by train as I know the parking is a bit iffy in that area      

[quote user="s10_yellow"]Northern Line to London Bridge and then the overground train looks the simplest.
[/quote]

Brilliant, thanks for that  

didn''t want to start a new thread but i never travel by train eva! but have little choice sat could any1 recommend the best route from norwich to charlton by train and underground and the times i would need to leave realistically to av a few bevvies too ,Cheers

[quote user="Badger"]Pete - if you live in Beccles, how do you end up at King''s Cross?[/quote]

Meeting son and his mates in Norwch, Like Isaid Kings Cross not my choice, would hve got tickets to Liverpool st  

On the Nch to Liverpool Street trains, get off at Stratford and catch Metro to Greenwich - then on to Charlton.

Thus, avoiding the majority of other supporters - of other teams...

[quote user="dezmondo18"]didn''t want to start a new thread but i never travel by train eva! but have little choice sat could any1 recommend the best route from norwich to charlton by train and underground and the times i would need to leave realistically to av a few bevvies too ,Cheers[/quote]

Liverpool Street to Stratford, then the jubilee line is normally the easiest (tube to North Greenwich then bus) but it''s suspended on saturday so the best thing is to get on the DLR at Stratford on a train going to Lewisham get off at Cutty Sark (in the middle of Greenwich) and then either hang around there and have some beers in the pubs or get straight on the 177 or 180 bus near the Maritime Museum, getting off at the Charlton Station/Woolwich Road stop (all buses have audio telling you what stop it is), the pubs around Charlton are all a bit rough but the atmosphere for the most part was very welcoming last season, this time around may be different due to the fact that both teams have something to play for but the addicks aren''t exactly renowned for trouble.

An alternative would be to go through to Livepool Street, get the central line to bank, and then northern line to london bridge, after that get an overground train to Charlton.

Seems to be engineering works on underground on sat...whats wrong with walking from liverpool st to London bridge, i have been told it is only 10 mins

[quote user="city4eva"]Seems to be engineering works on underground on sat...whats wrong with walking from liverpool st to London bridge, i have been told it is only 10 mins[/quote]

It''s walking distance sertainly this is very true, although closer to 25mins, just didn''t want to over complicate things, i remember when i first moved to london even walking with A to Z in hand it was sometimes difficult to work out exactly where I was, am assuming that people who ask for directions are unfamiliar with the layout of the city and therefore it is easier just to direct them on the tube train etc. If you do want to walk then go down Bishopgate following the signs for monument station and then walk over london bridge the station is impossible to miss, still probably a little quicker and easier to get the tube though if you''re not familiar with the city.

Due to not getting the tickets for the Charlton game, i have a couple of train tickets, leaving Norwich at 09:30 to Liverpool Street, then coming back at 23:30 (after a few beers no doubt), £22 each, if you are interested, let me know!!

From my past life ... pretty sure its a 48 bus from Liverpool St to London Bridge [;)]Its not that far to walk and probably quicker than faffing around on the underground.

[quote user="Henry"]From my past life ... pretty sure its a 48 bus from Liverpool St to London Bridge [;)]

Its not that far to walk and probably quicker than faffing around on the underground.
[/quote]

After tonights result I might just have a couple of match tickets going on offer