Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Can't remember feeling this nervous

My god! I''m a bloody wreck today! I went to bed last night feeling pretty nervous and I wake up today with butterflies in my stomach already. This is such a hugely important week in the life of Norwich City. Two wins and I really will start to believe. Two defeats I''ll start to think of Wolves 2002. And anything in between I''ll be just as nervous as I am now! I know we can do it, I belive we can do it but I really can''t remember feeling this nervous about a week in football for a long time. Winning tonight will be amazing: Six points clear with a game in hand will be dreamland. Sunday as well. Doing the double over the Binners would make me so unbelievably happy. There is a little voice in my head though that keeps reminding me it''s ouside the realm of posibility we could lose. Heaven forbid Anybody else feeling a little tense?

Yes. This is such a massive game. I am going to be a waste of time at work today. I think we are a better side than them but so much can hinge on a bad refereeing decision or if they take Hucks out early on. Megson will know what a threat he is and has probably marked him out for special attention. Fingers toes everything crossed!

Totally agree Dumble Delia this is a huge week for the club like you say 2 wins and we will be near enough there with quite an easy April coming up (apart from Wigan (H) ) I know there are no easy games in this league but all the top 10 play each other between now and end of April so once this week is over it should give us a good indication of where we will be playing in August. Concentrating at work is extremely difficult!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i feel almost stupid admitting how nervous I am at just 10.45am!! This game is huge. We can do it, we all know that. We are at home, we are better, we are top, we have Hucks...lets look on the bright side!

This really could be it. Come on boys, you can do it

OTBC

DD: Its only our biggest game for 9 bloody years, it will help cure our financial situtation at a stroke if we get promoted. A good result will only enhance our league position thus helping us retain our best players, a defeat, I can''nt even think about that without getting depressed, and you ask about feeling nervous!.

So no, I''m not nervous at all, I expect my headache, nausea, and weak bladder is really the result of some strange and exotic illness, and has no connection at all with tonight''s crucial, and future promotion prospects match.

Now where''s that loo and sick bucket!!!!!!!!!!

My prediction: This game is going to seriously damage my health, please help me someone!.

The wiz now sit''s in a dark corner making strange gurgling noises.

I agree I nearly hit a car on the way to work my mind was trying to picture the ball hitting the back of the net, lets all wish hard enough and it will happen good luck everyone

We love you Norwich We do

Not so much nervous but more excited. After what seems like endless years of mid-table mediocrity we''ve finally got something to get worked up about.

As Worthy says, Game On!

I agree with peter raven.i dont think ive been as excited about a game since cardiff 2002. Im currently at college and you wouldnt believe how slowly this day is going. COME ON BOYS YOU CAN DO THIS

3-1

Hucks 2 and mcveigh

Nervous!!!

I am supposed to be exchanging contracts on my first house this Friday and the last week has been nothing but phone calls from agents, solicitors etc. etc., but I have been thinking about Norwich all the time. My Dad also has an interview Friday which is in Norwich and could be the make or break of his move back.
This week is probably the most exciting/scary/stressful/annoying week in my life.

This what I want to happen:
1) Norwich win 3-0 tonight
2) Contracts exchange with no problems on Friday
3) Get phone call from Dad to say he has the job
4) Norwich win at the weekend
5) I wake up on Wednesday with the worst hang over from the best 3 day drinking session in the World ever.

On the ball city.......

StevenageFan: best of luck with the house move and for your father''s interview... and I''m sure you wouldn''t be the only one waking up on the Wednesday following a 3 day bender if all the City parts of your 5 part plan end up as we''re all hoping for... all the best mate...

Hiya James,

Hope everything goes ok. Where is your dads interview. I will be sitting on the net tonight whilst at work keeping a close eye on the scores as and when they happen. Have got my ticket for the Gillingham game.

COME ON U YELLOWS

do they print tickets iwth those warning messages on fag packets???? ''Watching Norwich City can seriously damage your health'' wouldnt be far from the truth. i''m saying 2-1 though, we must must must score first,they''ve only come from behind 3times this season i think

stevenage fan

i feel for you mate, i am selling my house, sorting out my new one, just got a new job, and all in the week which is going to shape this club''s destiny for years to come

but never fear, this is written in the stars and has been ever since huckerby came here on loan, that is why i believed he would sign and in consequence we would be promoted

keep the faith and believe, this is finally our time and just relax and enjoy it

as for your house move, that is STRESS!! don''t i know it, and by the way, the best of luck to your dad, hope he can return to the greatest city in the world, and of course, the greatest football team!!

i have us down for a 3-0 too!!

I''m SO relieved to know that I am in good company today. I''ve been useless at work all day, and now I can''t face any food before tonight!
If we do go behind tonight - heaven forbid - how great would it be to respond like we did against the Hammers by singing ''Top of the League and having a laugh''? Seriously, though, I think we have a huge part to play in all the remaining games so we need to make it LOUD, LONG and POSITIVE so everyone out there knows how we feel. (I shall even try and get the usual suspects in the City Stand to grunt a bit if I can. Hard task, but someone''s got to do it).

When I went on a tour of the ground last season. I was shown the Norwich changing
room and it was only an hour after the game had finished. Over every peg there was a note for each player "WORK HARD". I know they will be psyched up for this game tonight. They are a better team than Albion, they can do it! I hope we get a good ref.

Thanks for all the kind comments peeps.

Navman is that Mark? I am not exactly sure where his interview is, but it''s someone he used to work for years ago when we were still in the Norfolk area, so the vibes are good.

Flecky, good ref!! Oh well, ha ha.

Yeah it is mark had to change my signing in name as old name not recognised. Good game last night - how the linesman missed the foul on Hux I will never know. Need to start getting the wins again though to stop those behind us catching up - Wigan the big threat.