Sign in to follow this  
CaptnCanary

7 points is all we need!

5 games to go and all we need is 7 points to GUARANTEE promotion. It would probably win us the league too unless Millwall win all 5 and beat us on goal difference. So don''t lets start getting nervous. Just have some confidence and help inspire the team over the finishing line!

Not at all nervous. If you''d have said we''d be 8 points clear with 5 games to play after Colchester (or even before Colchester come to that), I''d have been delighted.

We may not run away with the league, but I expect a decent cushion.

Can see us slipping up at Charlton without Holt, and clinging promotion AND the title against Gillingham...after winning at Orient...

I think that we can take confidance from that easily.....We played quite well, but luck wasn''t on our side.... Holt could have easily scored three today, but was very unluckly...Russell Martin played so much better this week.....Lappin and Smith never gave up running (same as Holt but that is a given really)I really think we deserved more than the 1 point today, but we will still go up, and we have a good squad already, so i think we can look fowards to next season in teh championship (unless Lambert goes to Celtic of course...)

I''m not nervous either. Just a lot of comments during the pinkun text commentary sounded like people were looking over their shoulders so I thought I''d try to calm their nerves by pointing out how comfortable we are looking.

Really? That amazes me! We played very well today and if it wasn''t for a very good goalkeeping display and a questionable official we''d have won easily.

Truth of the matter is...we probably only need 1 more win to wrap everything up. Can''t see any team getting to 90 points other than us.

Agreed, if the promotion gap gets to six points or less we can have a little worry, until that time I think we can rest easy. Could do with Millwall dropping a few points in their next away games mind you.

If we had won today, I would feel a little more relaxed.

However.....no Hoolihan or Holt for a couple of games, tough fixtures against Orient (''new manager syndrome''), Charlton & Bristol Rovers away, the potential for more awful refereeing decisions at present. In my opinion, this is going to be a lot, lot tighter than some people think!

We need 5 points now to be sure, we should have got this wrapped up by now.

Yeah but think about it, 2 wins and we''re up. Not too difficult I''m pretty sure we can win two of our last games.

[quote user="scrimmage"]Yeah but think about it, 2 wins and we''re up. Not too difficult I''m pretty sure we can win two of our last games.
[/quote]

"Not too difficult.."? We have lost two out of our last three games (against poor opposition).  

[quote user="scrimmage"]Yeah but think about it, 2 wins and we''re up. Not too difficult I''m pretty sure we can win two of our last games. [/quote]I was fairly certain we''d win the last 4.It''s getting worrying....we''re really beginning to look like bottling it.

I''m not even going to get into this argument. Even if Millwall and Leeds win all of their remaining games, 2 wins and we will most probably be champions. Neither Leeds nor Millwall will win all their remaining games. We will be champions.

We should''ve beaten Tranmere and Orient - no excuses. None of this "They were fighting for survival so made it difficult for us" crap, we''re fighting for the title aren''t we?

I''m worried about facing Charlton and Gills now. Our form is dropping suddenly, against poor opposition too. Charlton will tear us open on saturday if this carries on.