Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

Leyton Orient vs Norwich: Unofficial Match Thread

Current form is crap, though;Tranmere 3 - 1 NorwichNorwich 2 - 1 StockportNorwich 1- 1 MK DonsL Orient 2- 1 Norwich4 points from 12, we look lost without Hoolahan and more so without Holt.  Or perhaps we treated the Leeds home game as our cup final and are paying for it now.

Losing to Orient and Tranmere in consecutive away games is really very poor indeed. What a wonderful time to suddenly regain our Championship away form.

Oh Norwich, why do you keep doing this to me?

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Bugger.

Not ideal, we like making things difficult for ourselves don''t we.

To put things into a bit of perspective, we''d have taken 6 points clear with 4 games left just 3 or 4 months ago, maybe even less.  We as fans have gotten ourselves a bit carried away with our run of games unbeaten, methinks...
[/quote]

Yes but the point is we dropped 6 easy points (Tranmere and Leyton Orient). As league leaders and contenders for promotion losing to the smaller fish isn''t good enough. Charlton next - can''t see us getting anything from them based on recent form.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Current form is crap, though;

Tranmere 3 - 1 Norwich
Norwich 2 - 1 Stockport
Norwich 1- 1 MK Dons
L Orient 2- 1 Norwich

4 points from 12, we look lost without Hoolahan and more so without Holt.  Or perhaps we treated the Leeds home game as our cup final and are paying for it now.

[/quote]

Well bl00dy said[Y]

No such thing as ''easy points'' in any league at this stage of the season, I''m afraid...I''m more nervous now than ever before, and I''m pretty angry about how we played tonight by the sound of things, but I''m not going to start calling for heads or shouting that we''ve thrown away the title.

I don''t see us getting anything at Charlton and Gillingham will be desperate for points when they come here too. 

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Bugger.Not ideal, we like making things difficult for ourselves don''t we.To put things into a bit of perspective, we''d have taken 6 points clear with 4 games left just 3 or 4 months ago, maybe even less.  We as fans have gotten ourselves a bit carried away with our run of games unbeaten, methinks...[/quote]

Yes but the point is we dropped 6 easy points (Tranmere and Leyton Orient). As league leaders and contenders for promotion losing to the smaller fish isn''t good enough. Charlton next - can''t see us getting anything from them based on recent form.

[/quote]Well all the other contenders for promotion have lost similar games over the season. Im sure its not just us.All - We obviously aren''t on form, but a 7 point gap with just 4 games to play is still a big margin. We are still huge favourites to go up. Now isnt the time to panic. The time to panic is if we dont win our next two games and the gap becomes nearer to 3.

Have to admit that''s not a result I expected. Its scary how much we rely on Holt and Hoops as we seem to have no creativity without them.

That''s put me in a bad mood for the rest of the night!

As somebody else said earlier we are in dismal form...and can''t keep a clean sheet.

We need to read the riot act to some of the players as we are close to bottling it...can''t keep a clean sheet...just over one goal per game in the last 4 games...and a defence similar to a tea bag with too many perforations.

Its time to get Lappin out of the team and Elliott to come off the bench.

I am putting my hat on expecting some comeback....

[quote user="canaryfan68"]As somebody else said earlier we are in dismal form...and can''t keep a clean sheet. We need to read the riot act to some of the players as we are close to bottling it...can''t keep a clean sheet...just over one goal per game in the last 4 games...and a defence similar to a tea bag with too many perforations. Its time to get Lappin out of the team and Elliott to come off the bench. I am putting my hat on expecting some comeback....[/quote]

We''ll bottle it against Charlton and will continue to do so until we know we are definitely promoted.

We''ll struggle to get a point against Gillingham

Not a good night for us but far from disastrous. I think the manager might go a bit more solid in terms of formation at Charlton. And who knows...if Millwall get beat on Friday night we could be in the Championship by tea time Saturday.

And even if Huddersfield don''t win on Friday we''ll have Holty back for the last 3 games and Wes is likely to feature again at some point.

We''ll get the points we need.

GJP...I agree we will get the points but we are making hard work of it...lol

I thinks its good to write down your frustrations as part of the counselling process...lol

Roll on saturday....;)

Have just heard PL and this might be the best thing bar a win...I get the feeling the riot act has been read in the dressing room and if you are going to loose 3 points don''t do it to a title contender...

Wonder is Askou will get a game on Sat if he''s fit?

Hello. I''m obviously home before your fans.

I''m not gonna gloat, because I''m not like that. But I will say we deserved it. Maybe it''s new manager syndrome but I''ve never seen such a complete Orient performance all season, and also our crowd making that much noise.

All three goals were quality. But your problem is that for BOTH our goals, we got in behind the defence. Both Nelson and Doherty were so slow that even RYAN JARVIS was beating them for pace. Lambert needs to look at that.

You did miss Hoolahan and Holt I think, cos the guy playing up with Martin was rubbish. you improved when the ginger striker came on, Hughes or Elliot I cant remember which. Darel Russel did not impress me but Smith did.

Our left back Daniels apparently got MOTM on your commentary, he was immense as was Thornton and McGliesh for us.

Your fans were superb I cannot lie. But so was ours. Only 7,500 but a hell of a lot of noise.

You''ll go up don''t worry, just a combo of playing a team fighting for their lives and being without your two best players allowed us a win which none of us expected would happen. We believe we can stay up now, especially with Stockport home on Saturday.

Best of luck for the rest of the season; you''ll be fine! x