Sign in to follow this  
Simon Lappin, King Of Spain

Strike Partnership Vs Orient

[quote user="Ten Years Ahead Of His Time"]Martin and Elliot for me. Oli to come off the bench when their defence starts to tire.[/quote]

Yep, I agree with that. Oli is an impact player and does well when he comes on. Elliot is more experienced and is better at starting games. But I know that Lambert will make the right choice!

could play all three. martin and elliot up front and then oli in the hole. i think oli would be class there as he runs past players and creates a lot.

I like the idea of Martin & Elliot upfront with Oli behind, but I''m not sure it''s robust enough for an away game against a relegation threatened team.

I''d be inclined to put Hughes behind Martin & Elliot. We really need to win the ball high up the pitch and without Holt the other three will struggle to do that.

i get your point. but at home i think if we played with those three we would run riot in some games.

Lots of good ideas.What I find most pleasing is the fact that we have options, all too often in recent seasons we really haven''t.

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]

[quote user="Harry"].....................................Forster....................................

Martin............Doherty............Nelson..............Drury

Smith...........................Russell........................Lappin

....................................Johnson...................................

.......................Martin...............Elliott.........................

[/quote]

This was my thinking too - Oli in for McNamee, Elliot in for Holt, go back to the diamond.

I''m sure Oli came on as a sub just after he joined and played behind the strikers? It''s certainly more his role than Martin''s, who needs to stay up top.

[/quote]

Martin was Lambert''s first choice to drop back when he substituted Wes with a striker

"What I find most pleasing is the fact that we have options, all too often in recent seasons we really haven''t."

Yeah - it''s nice being able to look at the bench and think "actually, wouldn''t mind seeing 1/2 those guys on the pitch", rather than hoping none have to be used!

[quote user="morty"]Lots of good ideas.What I find most pleasing is the fact that we have options, all too often in recent seasons we really haven''t.[/quote]Great to have options this season. Shame they didn''t work tonight though.