Sign in to follow this  
matt crowhurst

southend court hearing tomorrow

just heard on the news that it has to be settled tomorrow, am i right in thinking that if they fold all results against them will be annulled? and if so what would the situation be then regarding the top 4?

I think I can safely say a team wont get wound up this late in the season, might be wrong.Either way: -Leeds would lose 4 points Millwall would lose 4 pointsSwindon would lose 4 pointsUs/Charlton would lose 6 pointsSo we would be 5 points clear.

thanks Trent, wasnt sure what points the other teams had gained against them? i agree that i dont think they will be wound up but what choice would the courts have if they carry on refusing to pay the extra tax bill

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]thanks Trent, wasnt sure what points the other teams had gained against them? i agree that i dont think they will be wound up but what choice would the courts have if they carry on refusing to pay the extra tax bill
[/quote]

Contrasting them to Portsmouth what on earth is the difference. Portsmouth must still owe the taxman an absolute fortune yet they have been allowed to continue fulfilling fixtures. Surely it would be double standards not to let Southend finish the season. That being said Chester City got wound up for peanuts so it could happen.

Pompy are in a cup final with the possibility of playing in Europe on the cards. A lot of assets and money involved. Sadly, I don''t think Southend have the same kind of assets. Hopefully nothing will happen, they are 6 valuable points!

[quote user="Gary Dohertys Stalker"]If Southend do get wrapped up would it unrelagate stockport for the time being?[/quote]Lol, how complicated is that?

[quote user="Gary Dohertys Stalker"]If Southend do get wrapped up would it unrelagate stockport for the time being?[/quote]Probably would. It would cause absolute chaos, wouldn''t it?

[quote user="Queen B"][quote user="Gary Dohertys Stalker"]If Southend do get wrapped up would it unrelagate stockport for the time being?[/quote]Probably would. It would cause absolute chaos, wouldn''t it?[/quote]Yeah I don''t see it happening till the end of the season and how would this affect teams coming up from league 2 would 5 come up or????

[quote user="AJ"]Pompy are in a cup final with the possibility of playing in Europe on the cards. A lot of assets and money involved. Sadly, I don''t think Southend have the same kind of assets. Hopefully nothing will happen, they are 6 valuable points!
[/quote]

What assets? A ground that is falling apart? A 40 year old goalkeeper? They could get a couple million for Wilson, Boateng and Belhadj but that doesnt come close to paying the bills.Also remember that many of there players are out of contract and their best players like O''Hara, Piquennone and Dindane are on loan. If they win the cup it is more likely to damage them because of the ridiculous bonus structure in place at the club. At the moment they don''t look like they will be playing Europe either. So there we go. However I think the argument is probably hypothetical anyway. Aren''t they building that new stadium at Forsett''s Farm? If the club was really on the edge that would have been shelved. I think they argument is that Southend feel they have paid too much tax, rather than not being able to afford it.

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]

[quote user="AJ"]Pompy are in a cup final with the possibility of playing in Europe on the cards. A lot of assets and money involved. Sadly, I don''t think Southend have the same kind of assets. Hopefully nothing will happen, they are 6 valuable points!
[/quote]

What assets? A ground that is falling apart? A 40 year old goalkeeper? They could get a couple million for Wilson, Boateng and Belhadj but that doesnt come close to paying the bills.Also remember that many of there players are out of contract and their best players like O''Hara, Piquennone and Dindane are on loan. If they win the cup it is more likely to damage them because of the ridiculous bonus structure in place at the club. At the moment they don''t look like they will be playing Europe either. So there we go. However I think the argument is probably hypothetical anyway. Aren''t they building that new stadium at Forsett''s Farm? If the club was really on the edge that would have been shelved. I think they argument is that Southend feel they have paid too much tax, rather than not being able to afford it.

[/quote]

I''m fairly sure Fratton Park doesn''t actually belong to the football club but to one of the owners o something messed up- therefore it is not an asset of the club.

Southend aren''t getting wound up. Otherwise they would have simply entered administration to avoid doing so, I rekon they hope to come to a tax settlement tomorrow- I really cannot see such a high profile club facing a winding up order and not doing anything about it- they must have something planned. Also I swear Cardiff were in a similar position, why are they not in court yet??

Cardiff are in the same position but were granted longer than Southend to resolve their case, expect that to be heard in the next month or two I think