Sign in to follow this  
Snakepit Lass

Grant Holt is apartly to blame in last nite's loss

if he didn''t keep mouthing off all the time he wouldn''t of got his yellow on Saturday if we had him there last nite i think we would have had a good chance... he needs to learn to keep a lid on it

[quote user="Barbie"]Thought he got booked for deliberate handball?[/quote]Yes but referees are going to be less sympathetic with players who argue the toss all the time, Craig Bellamy being another fine example !

Yup. I''ve been a long time supporter of the ''fire'' in Holtys game that makes him what he is but also risks bookings.. but there is no excuse for not controlling that fire when your back is against the ball and getting another booking could be seriously dangerous for you and the team.

[quote user="Snakepit "]if he didn''t keep mouthing off all the time he wouldn''t of got his yellow on Saturday if we had him there last nite i think we would have had a good chance... he needs to learn to keep a lid on it
[/quote]Oh, he''s a defender is he?

Tw*t!

[quote user="Snakepit"]Oh, he''s a defender is he?

Tw*t!

i think you need to keep a lid on it to wizzy

[/quote]He has a point it ''sounded'' like the 2 goals we conceded last night were from poor defending errors. So even with Holty on chances are we''d have still conceded 2. Yes you could say he''d have scored etc but you can''t hinge the defeat on him.

It wasn''t his fault we lost as he wasn''t there but we would have played much better if he had of been upfront. Martin plays better off a big man, he''s our captain and is a big influence on the pitch and he does of course loads of goals.

He knew full well that his bookings would have been wiped out after another couple of games yet he spent the whole first half argueing every decision and back chatting constantly, he was lucky not to get booked in the first half just for that before the handball occured. Yes we shouldn''t have to rely on him but he''s a key player and our captain and we mssed him last night as we will on Saturday.

Yes its part of his game you might argue but sometimes you have to keep it shut and think of the consequences on your team mates.