Sign in to follow this  
The Fish Seller

Norwich boss Paul Lambert faces improper conduct charge

Link to BBC reportPersonally I think it might have been less embarrassing for the authorities to let this slip quietly past. What on earth can they say if PL sends them a DVD of the Tranmere match as his defence? Still an airing of that game and the ludicrous decisions made therein might ensure that no other teams are subjected to the same ref/lino pairing again.Fully expect PL to be exonerated here, it will be a travesty if he isn''t.

I said in another thread :- "No one shall enter the field of play without the referee''s say so"Guilty as charged then the inevitable fine.I''m not saying I like it, but thats what will happen.

Gary Karsa was charged too

He''s Head of Football Operations - I''m not quite sure what that means, unless Lambert is bad cop and Karsa is very bad cop lol [:)]

Dead right, IOMO - Ince not only came on to the pitch on Sat, but he also leaned over and deliberately scooped the ball back away from our players to waste time. I''ve also seen players warming up nip on to the pitch to give a ball back at times, particularly to give to a keeper for a goal kick: ie when there is a break in play, it seems most refs are reasonably happy to let it go. But the fact is that Ilderton is a twonk, and just wanted to make his mark. For Lambert to be called up on it is pathetic.

[quote user="Buckethead"]Link to BBC report

Personally I think it might have been less embarrassing for the authorities to let this slip quietly past. What on earth can they say if PL sends them a DVD of the Tranmere match as his defence? Still an airing of that game and the ludicrous decisions made therein might ensure that no other teams are subjected to the same ref/lino pairing again.

Fully expect PL to be exonerated here, it will be a travesty if he isn''t.
[/quote]

This is where the FA make themselves look totally stupid.

Paul Lambert gets charged for kicking the ''dead ball'' back to one of his team to speed the game up and yet Eddie Ilderton and Kevin Friend turn in the sort of performances that would have county FA assessor embarrassed, and they walk off to do the same thing potentially every week.

FA = Clueless shambles.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Dead right, IOMO - Ince not only came on to the pitch on Sat, but he also leaned over and deliberately scooped the ball back away from our players to waste time. I''ve also seen players warming up nip on to the pitch to give a ball back at times, particularly to give to a keeper for a goal kick: ie when there is a break in play, it seems most refs are reasonably happy to let it go. But the fact is that Ilderton is a twonk, and just wanted to make his mark. For Lambert to be called up on it is pathetic.[/quote]Lambert should take both videos to the hearing, with a defence of inconsistency.