Sign in to follow this  
Snakepit Lass

Paul's comments

After the game City boss Paul Lambert told First News: "No, we never

got going. We never got on the front foot and we lost two really bad

goals."That''s the worst we''ve been for a while but we have to pick ourselves

up and go again. We''ve still got a really good lead with four games to

go, so we just need to dust ourselves down and get on with it again,

starting on Saturday at Charlton."He is trying to be positive hope he really gives the lads a good talking to they got off lightly on Saturday due to a late goal but the performance was terrible then too... i don''t think people realize due to the late goals we have been having and late luck how we have been struggling for a while now

It was the worst I''ve seen since Brentford away. But i''m sure there were rollockings in private. Did you notice that he booted them out of the change rooms early for the second half?At the end of the day we played head tennis for 90 minutes last night. Formation and confidence all over the shop. Improvements needed urgently and Lambert can at least give them a chance by not playing the diamond at Charlton.

Last night was very disappointing but we still have a six point league and some of the three shots that have hit the post/crossbar in the last two matches will be going in during the next four matches.

Whilst many supporters are panicking ( including me ) PL is trying to keep the sensible hat on, which is quite right, 7 points is a big lead for the auto spot with 4 games to go so the players have to remain focused. A dip in form along with poor refereeing, injuries and suspensions have coincided to hamper our promotion objective. Now is not the time to make drastic changes to formations and game plans. We must set out to win every one of our last four games as per PL''s season long intent. We are not a naturally defensive side and our success has been based on going forward ( even away from home ). Once we start planning for a point then I think we WILL come unstuck. Because of our poor record in London and against the likes of Charlton there seems to be a general view that we have already lost the game. PL believes we have a group of players to try and win every game and we should treat the Charlton game no differently, coming away from there with a result will have a massive positive effect for the remaining games - positive mind set and all that !

[quote user="Romantic"]It was the worst I''ve seen since Brentford away.
[/quote]

My thoughts exactly. I honestly don''t remember the last time that Norwich resorted to 90 mins of the long ball game? It just seemed that nobody wanted the ball!

[quote user="Canary Pirate"]Whilst many supporters are panicking ( including me ) PL is trying to keep the sensible hat on, which is quite right, 7 points is a big lead for the auto spot with 4 games to go so the players have to remain focused. A dip in form along with poor refereeing, injuries and suspensions have coincided to hamper our promotion objective. Now is not the time to make drastic changes to formations and game plans. We must set out to win every one of our last four games as per PL''s season long intent. We are not a naturally defensive side and our success has been based on going forward ( even away from home ). Once we start planning for a point then I think we WILL come unstuck. Because of our poor record in London and against the likes of Charlton there seems to be a general view that we have already lost the game. PL believes we have a group of players to try and win every game and we should treat the Charlton game no differently, coming away from there with a result will have a massive positive effect for the remaining games - positive mind set and all that !
[/quote]

Me too Canary P, but I agree with you. We have to grab the game by it''s head and think attacking iso defensive. That''s what he means by "we not got going". Against these teams you have to get out of the starting blocks well. If they get a lead over you, they gain confidence and are hard to play. Mind you, they''re battling to avoid the drop!
I have faith in PL getting their heads right for the game on saturday. But I think we have to play a different system, if Wes is not there. Macca wide and 4 man midfield, with Hughes in there too. Diamond will not work without Hooly there, that was proved last night. 

He has to take a share of the blame though. Johnson is not a midfielder and therefore shouldn''t be asked to play behind the front two. He should have brough Mcnamee on for Elliott and reverted to 4-4-2. Instead he employed Steve McClaren Middlesbrough tactics and put five up front. We didn''t need to panic and put Doc up front so early. Of course he''s been an excellent for us but I just think he got it wrong last night. The leaky defence didn''t help his cause, mind.

Late goals aren''t necesasrily lucky though - we are fitter than most teams and have scored more goals too. We just keep going until the end.