Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Mystery solved

Arsene Wenger said in an interview the other day that he has brought in a lot of foreign players (don''t we know that!) and he has learnt that it takes them 6 months to adapt to English football. That''s why they decided to bring in Jose Antonio Reyes during last season - so that he would be ready and fully functional for this season.

Nigel ''the next Arsene'' Worthington got this pearl of wisdom from the real Arsene as part of the Bentley transfer deal.

So Helveg, Jonsonn and Saffri  you cannot get a regular place in the first team until the end of January at least. No matter how good you are you will have to put up with occasional outings in positions and roles you are not used to as part of the learning process.

Mystery solved.

You are Worthy''s secret weapons which he will unleash on an unsuspecting Premiership in February.

QED.              

OTBC. 

I posted exactly the same thing  a few weeks ago using the example of Thierry Henry.  What you cannot do though is not play these guys.  Their quality means they will come good but what Wenger has said is that these signings have to play for six months before they play to their peak.

Play Helveg in Jan and he will need until July to pick up pace - he needs to play now, especially as those being picked in preference are performing so poorly (7 for Eddy on sat - a royle family catchphrase springs to mind:laugh 

OTBC

BBB''z:

Let''s hope so... and I hear that Lennox is coming in for an Inspirational pre match pep talk this week Although, some of our "secret weapons" have been playing English football for a bit longer than six monthes... it''s not "real" football till they''ve played for the "real" City though is it????? I''d prefer that Worthy had unleashed them earlier, instead of stressing us all out!!!!!!!

Ou Est Anselin?:

That wouldn''t happen to be an Australian tv "personality" for your avatar would it?? Sorry if it isn''t but at that size, it looks like Carl from nieghbours(not that I watch it ) or Russell Coite on a good day???

Just wondering!!!

this may be true but in our precarious state can we afford the luxury of carrying players until they settle in? Arsenal can and could beat most teams with ten men and/or their reserves. we need our 11 best players every week(and more when faced with some shocking refereeing we have witnessed).

[quote]BBB''z: Let''s hope so... and I hear that Lennox is coming in for an Inspirational pre match pep talk this week Although, some of our "secret weapons" have been playing English football for a bit lo...[/quote]

Normann - sorry to keep you in suspense! 

Stop wondering! My avatar was lifted from the BBC Sports website - around about the time we achieved automatic promotion last season, BBC decorated a few news stories with said stuffed Canary. I think he''s quite attractive actually- alhough I hope the stuffing is not giving any hostage to fortune this season.

As for Lennox, I told you before it was a Jamaica replica shirt you saw him in - not a City shirt!!!!!! Check it out, Norm.

The only World Heavyweight Champ to grace our fine city as far as I remember was Muhammed Ali.

As for being stressed out.................what''s the odds on Holt starting on Saturday, as Helveg will be judged not yet up to speed and needing to be taken down a further peg or two. It''s the ''northern'' way you know can''t have too many soft southerners or  dodgy foreigners around until they experience a bit of the hard life.

OTBC.