Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

No Holt....Ho Hoolahan.....No Hope.

...because without these two there is absolutely nothing that distinguished us from any other (even those at the bottom) of this league.

"If" we hold our nerve and see this job through, on tonights eveidence I think that there is a hell of a lot more work to be done in summer than many might have first thought.

I can probably count on one hand the amount of players we have good enough for the championship.

Careful, GLJ you will be accused of begin a tosser. Morty knows best. He is probably studying sociology.

[quote user="hubbly"]Careful, GLJ you will be accused of begin a tosser. Morty knows best. He is probably studying sociology.[/quote]I do know best, and you are a tosser. A cowardly one at that hiding behind a fake profile.[:)]

What is all this fake profile crap? Who are you anyway? Morty? That really tells us who you are. What a knob. Care to tell us your name and address? Morty?

[quote user="hubbly"]What is all this fake profile crap? Who are you anyway? Morty? That really tells us who you are. What a knob. Care to tell us your name and address? Morty?[/quote]Sure, I have no problem with that at all.You going to come round and beat me up lol.[:)]

[quote user="hubbly"]Get a job Morty.[/quote]I don''t need to thank you, I am financially independant right now.[:)]

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]So do the other 40 or so games not count suddenly then?[/quote]

Well we''d better pray nothing happens to these two next year then otherwise we''re in a bit of trouble ??

[/quote]I take it you''ve never heard of the transfer market.I can appreciate that people are nervous and tonight''s ''performance'' has hardly helped in that regard but I find it hilarious that people are getting so wound up.  Just weeks ago we were all saying how much better this team is than last years'' and how we''d do better in the Championship than last time, we''re gonna get 100 points etc, now suddenly we could miss out and if we do go up all our players are rubbish except for two and we''re going to need a whole new team.Thanks everybody - this is pure comedy gold and has really cheered me up after watching that rubbish tonight.

[quote user="hubbly"]ha ha ha ha ... Hope the food is good in the hostel son. Good night.[/quote]Good night.Missing you already.[:)]

[quote user="Askounin"]Loving this lads. Keep it up [Y]

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2ztcbwm.jpg[/IMG][/quote]They really don''t make trolls like they used to though.[:(]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]So do the other 40 or so games not count suddenly then?
[/quote]

Well we''d better pray nothing happens to these two next year then otherwise we''re in a bit of trouble ??

[/quote]
I take it you''ve never heard of the transfer market.

I can appreciate that people are nervous and tonight''s ''performance'' has hardly helped in that regard but I find it hilarious that people are getting so wound up.  Just weeks ago we were all saying how much better this team is than last years'' and how we''d do better in the Championship than last time, we''re gonna get 100 points etc, now suddenly we could miss out and if we do go up all our players are rubbish except for two and we''re going to need a whole new team.

Thanks everybody - this is pure comedy gold and has really cheered me up after watching that rubbish tonight.
[/quote]

yes I''ve "heard of the transfer market", hence my statement in the OP that we might just need a little more in summer than people may have originally thought.

If we''re so reliant on these two to such an extent that we are losing at a place like L.Orient without them, it deosn''t bode well for a step up to higher division.

Tonight was, I think all that were there would agree, a bit of an eyeopener on that score?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]So do the other 40 or so games not count suddenly then?[/quote]

[/quote]I take it you''ve never heard of the transfer market.I can appreciate that people are nervous and tonight''s ''performance'' has hardly helped in that regard but I find it hilarious that people are getting so wound up.  Just weeks ago we were all saying how much better this team is than last years'' and how we''d do better in the Championship than last time, we''re gonna get 100 points etc, now suddenly we could miss out and if we do go up all our players are rubbish except for two and we''re going to need a whole new team.Thanks everybody - this is pure comedy gold and has really cheered me up after watching that rubbish tonight.[/quote]

yes I''ve "heard of the transfer market", hence my statement in the OP that we might just need a little more in summer than people may have originally thought.

If we''re so reliant on these two to such an extent that we are losing at a place like L.Orient without them, it deosn''t bode well for a step up to higher division.

Tonight was, I think all that were there would agree, a bit of an eyeopener on that score?

[/quote]Take Gerrard and Torres out of Liverpool and what do you have as a consequence?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]I take it you''ve never heard of the transfer market.I can appreciate that people are nervous and tonight''s ''performance'' has hardly helped in that regard but I find it hilarious that people are getting so wound up.  Just weeks ago we were all saying how much better this team is than last years'' and how we''d do better in the Championship than last time, we''re gonna get 100 points etc, now suddenly we could miss out and if we do go up all our players are rubbish except for two and we''re going to need a whole new team.Thanks everybody - this is pure comedy gold and has really cheered me up after watching that rubbish tonight.[/quote]

[/quote]Take Gerrard and Torres out of Liverpool and what do you have as a consequence?[/quote]Similar thing with Rooney and Man Utd, I think.

[quote user="Queen B"][quote user="morty"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]Take Gerrard and Torres out of Liverpool and what do you have as a consequence?[/quote]Similar thing with Rooney and Man Utd, I think.[/quote]Indeedly.[:)]

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Tonight was, I think all that were there would agree, a bit of an eyeopener on that score?[/quote]Well of course we were going to find it difficult without two of our most important players.  But everybody tonight, absolutely everybody, played well below the level they are capable of and the manager picked the wrong team and formation.  That does not mean that all of those on the field are bad players.  If they were we would not be top of the league as even Hoolahan and Holt could not compensate for a total lack of competence from nine other players.So as I asked before, do the other 40 or so games now count for nothing?

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Tonight was, I think all that were there would agree, a bit of an eyeopener on that score?[/quote]
Well of course we were going to find it difficult without two of our most important players.  But everybody tonight, absolutely everybody, played well below the level they are capable of and the manager picked the wrong team and formation.  That does not mean that all of those on the field are bad players.  If they were we would not be top of the league as even Hoolahan and Holt could not compensate for a total lack of competence from nine other players.

So as I asked before, do the other 40 or so games now count for nothing?
[/quote]

That''s sort of the point!, as in none of those previous 40 would we have had neither Holt or Hoolahan on the pitch. Its a concern quite how ordinary we appear if one/both aren''t there. and as suggested wouldn''t appear to be any better that ANYONE else in the whole division, that I would argue once again is quite an alarming reliance on one/two players.

as for the Man Utd /Liverpool references, -I think Man Utd would probably still be a top 3 side without Rooney, Liverpool, probably top 7 without Gerrard, Torres. Who knows where we''d be ??

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Tonight was, I think all that were there would agree, a bit of an eyeopener on that score?[/quote]
Well of course we were going to find it difficult without two of our most important players.  But everybody tonight, absolutely everybody, played well below the level they are capable of and the manager picked the wrong team and formation.  That does not mean that all of those on the field are bad players.  If they were we would not be top of the league as even Hoolahan and Holt could not compensate for a total lack of competence from nine other players.

So as I asked before, do the other 40 or so games now count for nothing?
[/quote]

That''s sort of the point!, as in none of those previous 40 would we have had neither Holt or Hoolahan on the pitch. Its a concern quite how ordinary we appear if one/both aren''t there. and as suggested wouldn''t appear to be any better that ANYONE else in the whole division, that I would argue once again is quite an alarming reliance on one/two players.

[/quote]

Am I the only one who''s not surprised?  All credit to Lambert for getting the best out of what is, overall, a slightly better than average League 1 squad.  He''s made them look better than they are, so I hope he won''t get crucified just because reality has set in.  We''ve got a big enough lead to flop over the line on the last day if not sooner.  This is what football''s all about folks, no point in panicking.

Next season is a completely different story.  It''s not just a case of adding to Holt and Hoolahan, we''ve got to hang onto them first.  We have BIG debts to pay and no sign of new investment at present.  Without a substantial cash injection I''d be extremely surprised if Hoolahan was still here at the start of next season, unless everyone else is as skint as we are and can''t afford him.

But let''s cross that bridge when we get to it.  All that matters right now is getting out of League 1.

Well done Sherlock!  Of course we wouldn''t but there''s no need for people to suddenly play down the contributions of others over the course of the season because of one awful performance.

I think the title of this thread should really be, "No Holt, No Hoolahan, then don''t play the diamond!"

Playing Olly at the tip of the diamond didn''t work tonight and my concern with Lambert is it took far too long for him to with tinker with it, or change it to 4-4-2.

It''s a system that works really well when Holt and Hoolahan play and we''re attacking. However, it doesn''t work well when we come under pressure, as we tend to end up with a flat narrow midfield three just in front of the back four and keep giving possession away too easily.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="hubbly"]Get a job Morty.[/quote]

I don''t need to thank you, I am financially independant right now.

[:)]
[/quote]

You''re a lucky boy then. [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="hubbly"]Get a job Morty.[/quote]I don''t need to thank you, I am financially independant right now.[:)][/quote]

You''re a lucky boy then. [:)]

[/quote]Thank you for feeling the need to comment.[:)]