Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Back from Orient...

Oh dear oh dear!

Awful Performance which has left the nerves jangling ever so slighlty ahead of a tough game on Saturday!

Without Holt & Hoolahan we lack the spark needed to frequently unlock any back line in this league; so we need to all keep are fingers crossed and pray to high heavens that our little irishman is fit come Saturday afternoon!

Despite that lack of spark, any sort of solid defensive display would have got us a result. Unfortunately Messrs Nelson & Martin had their weaknesses well and truly eposed by a anny Orient! Tonight showed why Hartlepool & peterborough waved them goodbye with little fight.

I feel a freshen up is needed; get Spillane in at right back hope askou or ak is fit to replae Nelson & fit Hughes into a more solid looking midfield.

Orient itself an odd looking ground; the away stand reminded me of the one at Selhurst Park; falling down! The seats were deckhair like (about 6 inches off the ground)..luckily there wasnt alot of sitting!

To top it off, i paid £2.80 for possibly the worst cheese burger in the world inside the ground...and was slowly cooked by the radiator on the canary bus on the way home...

Roll On Charlton On Saturday...and 06.20 hours this morning when the alarm goes...

crap. why were we hoofing it all game to the midgets up front. that formation was crap.

I was at Orient last night and we were absolutely bloody awful. It was constant long ball after long ball down the pitch. No one was dropping deep to receive the ball from Doherty or Nelson and as a consequence they just kept hoofing it forward to nobody. I thought our 3 strikers were anonymous, largely to the diabolical quality of balls they were played. Elliot about a foot shorter than the Orient defenders cannot be expected to win headers against them. Johnson didn''t get into the game at all and cannot play the Hoolahan role at all.

I thought Orient''s strikers were excellent, kept putting our defenders under pressure and the marking at the back by Doherty first half was appalling. I thought Nelson was excellent in the air, but I see others are slagging him off - I actually thought he was one of our better players last night.

All in all a thouroughly depressing evening. If we play like that against Charlton we''ll be 3 pts ahead of Leeds come the end of Saturday. Time to ring the changes Mr Lambert.

Last night was a total shambles. You are right, so many long balls and Orient were loving that! A lack of intelligent football. It was not working so instead of changing and playing on the floor they just keep doing the same thing.

Most worrying of all is how Orient fought for EVERY ball and how we did not. Orient looked like they wanted it more and we didn''t know what to do. R Martin was appalling beyond belief as was, well to be honest it would be quicker to list the players that did play well.

It is worrying how so many of our players can be like this when we can secure promotion. If we turn it around and just go for the jugular at Charlton and win then all will be fine. However, if we run around like headless chickens and lose then our momentum could make sure of avery very nervy final run-in.

Let''s hope we go after Charlton on Saturday!

oi, that''s our best stand you''re talking about! the atmosphere that can be created in there is brilliant, as you demonstrated.

i did warn you about the food though.