Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

Lambert and The Plan B

I believe it was Smudger at the time who said the failure to sign Lee Barnard (a striker strong enough to play for 90 mins) and Jason Puncheon (a geniune right winger) might come back to haunt us. Without wishing to completely blow smoke up his backside its beginning to look that way. Its seem like we are only comfortable with one system and which sadly requires one player in particular to function properly.

Alternatively we get promoted with what we''ve got and the manager fancies he can bring in a better player than Barnard in the summer to play in the Championship.

i also think we should have signed messi but we couldn''t have afforded him either. of course it would have  been good to sign those guys but we couldn''t afford it.

[quote user="The Chirp"]i also think we should have signed messi but we couldn''t have afforded him either.

of course it would have  been good to sign those guys but we couldn''t afford it.
[/quote]

We''ll never know what the financial aspect was. However we must have paid a bit of money for Johnson and McNamee. Barnard was out of contract and Puncheon was not wanted by Plymouth. So would they have been that pricey? By in large Lambert has been fantastic but the lack of a convincing back up plan is worrying. Particularly as Lambert told us that was the whole point of signing McNamee.

Barnard still cost more than Johnson i guarentee you... especially as a few clubs were in for him... also his wages would be high. Puncheon also had a host of clubs after him.

[quote user="The Chirp"]Barnard still cost more than Johnson i guarentee you... especially as a few clubs were in for him... also his wages would be high. Puncheon also had a host of clubs after him. [/quote]Like I said before... you bring quality in at the right price when you can.Don''t be surprised if similar quality costs us three or four times as much in the summer.If we were confident of clinching for promotion then we should of started to build for next season at the earliest opportunity.  Another player who we could of had for approx £50k?  Was one that Lambert expressed an interest in and who would of done a job better than the pair of clowns we had playing centre half last night in my opinion.  Yes we signed Whitbread but he has hardly played.