Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

No Hoolahan, No Win

We are not a one man team but losing him and Holt at the same time is a real kick in the balls. Hoolahan is by far the best player in the league regardless of what awards of popularity says. Any team in league one or the Championship would miss a player of his calibre.

This reminds me of when we got relegated from the Prem - No Huckeby No win.

[quote user="The Duke"]We are not a one man team but losing him and Holt at the same time is a real kick in the balls. Hoolahan is by far the best player in the league regardless of what awards of popularity says. Any team in league one or the Championship would miss a player of his calibre.[/quote]

even with holt we struggled, hoolahan is a class act and if we want to have any chance of a play off challenge next year he must be in a yellow and green shirt.

You can''t say just because we didn''t have Hoolahan we didn''t win.  We still had plenty of attacking flair out there, Martin, Elliott, Johnson, it''s just the fact that we were so damn useless that we lost.  Personally for me I think Hoolahan has been non existent since boxing day.  I think he just stops us grinding out results when we need to because he wants to dribble past every player 5 times before he distributes it, also since boxing day he has scored only 1 goal.  On Saturday and last night we didn''t notice him because he wasn''t there just like I havn''t noticed him since boxing day.

[quote user="Boyo"]I think he just stops us grinding out results when we need to[/quote]Walsall, Brighton, Brentford, Southend, Oldham... all games where we ground out results when he was playing and in some cases (like Walsall) played a pretty big part in that.

Zzzzzz thats Boyo just putting me to sleep with boring comments, Jesus not like we''re top of the league!