Sign in to follow this  
The Dog

I'm afraid to say it But Leeds will win the league

Southend are going to get wound up tomorrow as they have no assest other than the playing squad as they don''t own their ground. Given the lack of assest it means it is not a viable option for them to be put into administration given the size of the debt that needs servicing.

This will have a huge effect on us as our lead will be down to 4 points on Leeds and 5 on Millwall. Leeds are now back on form and I Can see them taking at least 10 points from their last 4 games with wins against gillingham, mk dons and Bristol rovers and a point at charlton. I think we will only get 4 more points with a win and a draw from our two home games.

Tonight was a truly terrible performance and for once lambert got it all wrong. Elliott is a waste of space, the diamond does not work without wes, rusty and smith are too similar, Oli Johnson is an impact player off the bench at best he can''t play at the tip of the diamond as his touch with his back to goal is terrible. I''m still not sure what Lappin offers the team he''s not a central midfielder as he''s too light weight, he''s not a winger as he''s too slow so when the diamond does not work without wes there is no place for him in the side. Macca has to start on the left wing for me where he can go outside his full back. Hughes has to start in midfield if there is no wes to give us some creativity or if he insists on the diamond he should seriously consider Mcveigh.

I could go on and on but all in all I have decided I''m going to lump on Leeds to win the league at 10/1 as I fear the worst.

Sweet Jesus.Why don''t you just kill yourself too lol.Just in case you''re likely to get hit by a bus in the future.[:)]

Fickle much?We will go up and go up as champions.  We were awful tonight but that is the first time under Lambert we have played without any real desire and I''ve got a feeling that won''t happen again.

That''s right Morty keep taking the piss with your cheap jokes. I assume you went to the game tonight? If you should be a worried man like an other Norwich fan who can see the bigger picture as we were woeful and have not played well for avlong time now. The panic has set in amongst the players and with every passing game we look worse and worse. Games that were looked like bankers a month or so ago are now looking like real tough matches. We are in serious danger of fucking this up and if Southend go pop tomorrow it is going to matters a lot lot worse.

[quote user="The Dog"]That''s right Morty keep taking the piss with your cheap jokes. I assume you went to the game tonight? If you should be a worried man like an other Norwich fan who can see the bigger picture as we were woeful and have not played well for avlong time now. The panic has set in amongst the players and with every passing game we look worse and worse. Games that were looked like bankers a month or so ago are now looking like real tough matches. We are in serious danger of fucking this up and if Southend go pop tomorrow it is going to matters a lot lot worse.[/quote]Oh I will keep taking the p iss, don''t you worry.Perhaps you should also wrap your head in tinfoil to stop aliens stealing your thoughts as well.Sleep under a doorframe in case of earthquakes too.Get a grip ffs.

[quote user="The Dog"]Southend are going to get wound up tomorrow as they have no assest other than the playing squad as they don''t own their ground. Given the lack of assest it means it is not a viable option for them to be put into administration given the size of the debt that needs servicing. This will have a huge effect on us as our lead will be down to 4 points on Leeds and 5 on Millwall. Leeds are now back on form and I Can see them taking at least 10 points from their last 4 games with wins against gillingham, mk dons and Bristol rovers and a point at charlton. I think we will only get 4 more points with a win and a draw from our two home games. Tonight was a truly terrible performance and for once lambert got it all wrong. Elliott is a waste of space, the diamond does not work without wes, rusty and smith are too similar, Oli Johnson is an impact player off the bench at best he can''t play at the tip of the diamond as his touch with his back to goal is terrible. I''m still not sure what Lappin offers the team he''s not a central midfielder as he''s too light weight, he''s not a winger as he''s too slow so when the diamond does not work without wes there is no place for him in the side. Macca has to start on the left wing for me where he can go outside his full back. Hughes has to start in midfield if there is no wes to give us some creativity or if he insists on the diamond he should seriously consider Mcveigh. I could go on and on but all in all I have decided I''m going to lump on Leeds to win the league at 10/1 as I fear the worst.[/quote]

I''m more than sure that an administrator would take up work at Southend- no matter how few assets remain. It was exactly the same at Portsmouth with people doubting an admnistrator would take up position but just remember that these people ar always looking for work and Southend are potentially still a viable business.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="The Dog"]That''s right Morty keep taking the piss with your cheap jokes. I assume you went to the game tonight? If you should be a worried man like an other Norwich fan who can see the bigger picture as we were woeful and have not played well for avlong time now. The panic has set in amongst the players and with every passing game we look worse and worse. Games that were looked like bankers a month or so ago are now looking like real tough matches. We are in serious danger of fucking this up and if Southend go pop tomorrow it is going to matters a lot lot worse.[/quote]

Oh I will keep taking the p iss, don''t you worry.

Perhaps you should also wrap your head in tinfoil to stop aliens stealing your thoughts as well.

Sleep under a doorframe in case of earthquakes too.

Get a grip ffs.
[/quote]

I am with Morty on this. A club that is building a new stadium at Forsetts Farm is unlikely to get wound up. My understanding was that they do not think they should have to pay the remaining tax bill because they would then have overpaid in their view. If push came to shove they would stump up the money.

Promotion is all that matters.  Going up as champions is the icing on the cake.

Provided we went up in second place I wouldn''t give a stuff if Leeds won the league. 

Don''t think they will though.

The courts have just given Southend another 7 days grace to pay their tax bill.[:)]

[quote user="morty"]The courts have just given Southend another 7 days grace to pay their tax bill.

[:)]
[/quote]

A little bit of better news I guess lol

I don''t get it, if Southend go bust why does our lead get shortened?

Anyway, we will go up, put maybe not as champions[:(]

[quote user="The Dog"]Southend are going to get wound up tomorrow as they have no assest other than the playing squad as they don''t own their ground. Given the lack of assest it means it is not a viable option for them to be put into administration given the size of the debt that needs servicing.

This will have a huge effect on us as our lead will be down to 4 points on Leeds and 5 on Millwall. Leeds are now back on form and I Can see them taking at least 10 points from their last 4 games with wins against gillingham, mk dons and Bristol rovers and a point at charlton. I think we will only get 4 more points with a win and a draw from our two home games.

Tonight was a truly terrible performance and for once lambert got it all wrong. Elliott is a waste of space, the diamond does not work without wes, rusty and smith are too similar, Oli Johnson is an impact player off the bench at best he can''t play at the tip of the diamond as his touch with his back to goal is terrible. I''m still not sure what Lappin offers the team he''s not a central midfielder as he''s too light weight, he''s not a winger as he''s too slow so when the diamond does not work without wes there is no place for him in the side. Macca has to start on the left wing for me where he can go outside his full back. Hughes has to start in midfield if there is no wes to give us some creativity or if he insists on the diamond he should seriously consider Mcveigh.

I could go on and on but all in all I have decided I''m going to lump on Leeds to win the league at 10/1 as I fear the worst.[/quote]I don''t agree with you, however, who cares if they do. Its all about promotion and I for one cannot see two teams pulling back 6 and 7 points on us, even if we lose 2 in our last 4 games.In any case, who remembers League 1 winners? Can you remember who won it 2 seasons ago?Promotion is all that matters.

Because any points that a team took off Southend would be removed. I

think we took 6 points off them, whereas Leeds only took 4.

They got the 7 day extension because they are intending to pay and have shown they are putting the money in place. Its not over until they actually pay up but they would not have got the extra time if they had not been able to convince the court they were serious. This threat is receding.

This is what the Southend Chairman has said today.

Whilst the funds were lodged yesterday in readiness for payment,

there remained documents between Sainsbury''s and ourselves to be

completed and which were not in their agreed form last night. They now

are and have been signed off by me today enabling the funds to be

transferred to HMRC''s account tomorrow to close the matter.

For clarity, the sum of £378,487.36 will be sent to HMRC. £162,000 of

this is currently under Appeal which will be heard at a Tribunal in the

coming months and, if consistency reigns, will result in a rebate for

the Club.

An amount of some £100,000 is not strictly due until 22 April (month

11) and therefore the actual amount that was undisputedly owed is circa

£120,000 (£378,000 less £162,000 and £100,000).

As a formality, the case still has to go before the Court to be

dismissed and, as HMRC regularly hear all their Petitions each on a

Wednesday, the case was adjourned for 7 days to allow that formal

process to be concluded. I will not be attending at the High Court next

week (as there is no necessity) … in fact, if I never attend the Royal

Courts of Justice ever again that will be too soon. Nevertheless, it has

been necessary to protect our Club''s interests.

[quote user="morty"]Because any points that a team took off Southend would be removed. I think we took 6 points off them, whereas Leeds only took 4.[/quote]

Ah, I see.  Well lets hope by next week we have beaten Charlton and that is one more game out of the way so 4 points clear with three games to go isn''t that bad.