Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

Backlash against Charlton ....?

well we all remember what happened against charlton away last year .

i for one think this is revenge time and the players will want to prove a point after last nights showing .

PS.any news on Hoolihan ....?

is he out for the rest of the season ..?

thought.....

I''d like to attempt to add to any slight air of positivity on here, because there''s so little of it!

Hopefully they will be out to prove a point. Id like to say they would be out for revenge for last season, but I cant imagine many of them would have played that day!

[quote user="Bogbrush"]Backlash ? LOL. Revenge ? We don''t do revenge, do we ?[/quote]No I mean imagine if we got beaten 7-1 at home on the opening day what would happen when we went back to the winning team''s place we would get crushed it''s not like we would win 5-0 or anything. Shut up

[quote user="scrimmage"][quote user="Bogbrush"]Backlash ? LOL. Revenge ? We don''t do revenge, do we ?[/quote]No I mean imagine if we got beaten 7-1 at home on the opening day what would happen when we went back to the winning team''s place we would get crushed it''s not like we would win 5-0 or anything. Shut up[/quote]

I''ve supported Norwich too long to know that, like I said, we rarely do revenge. Even the 5-0 win at Colchester fell short with Hoolahan missing the penalty which would have meant that we would have won by the same goals margin as they beat us and, you''ve probably forgotten, Cowling was quick to gleefully pick up on and publicise that point. Anyway, it''s good to know that at least one Norwich supporter really believes that we will go the capital this weekend and wreak havoc on Charlton. Be careful not to overdose though ALP.

I think some of the players will be playing for their place for next season at charlton as PL will be seeing their true character and how they bounce back...or there bouncebackability!!

Last nights blessing if you want to look for positives is that it was someone at the other end of the table who got the 3 points and it will be a rollicking still ringing in the players ears come satyday.

I am confident as long as we don''t see Doherty wheeeled out saying we owe this to the fans...please No. Do it for your own careers first!!

The team may be up for it, and this would make a difference, but Charlton are too good if we insist on hoofball, which we cannot play well.

Perhaps Lambert will be able to get them playing the passing football which they played last autumn.

I am not saying we are playing well but Charlton are "too good"???

Did you see them on Sky this season? I think we will see a disjointed, not very good game which might finish 1-1 or a better open game which we may sneak.   Charlton fans are still not confident despite 3/4 wins.

I would pack the midfield, with Martin on his own up front, the old 4-5-1, to try to nullify Bailey or whatever that dirty git in midfield for them is called who seems to be their main enforcer and playmaker, and then review the situation about about an hour.  I personally would not way start with Elliott and probably use Johnson as an impact sub

Bailey may be a ''dirty git'' but I''d be delighted if we signed him during the close season!

I''m going to predict a 2-2 draw  and I''d be happy with that but even happier with all 3 points of course.

Really looking forward to this game now.

Cant wait for it. I know i am lucky compared to some so i''m going to sing my heart out for the team. There will be no boo''s aimed from my direction at the team or manager. Doesnt matter who plays, i have my favourites and otherwise just like any other fan, but all will have my unquestionable support at Charlton. Just hoping for a good performance, the result ..... who knows?