Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Is anyone just a tiny bit nervous?

I''ll get rounded on for saying this but i can''t help the thoughts in the back of my head!!

Our main creator and our main scorer are both out for Orient and a few are predicting a draw. If we do draw it becomes a mini slump with only one win in four. And then Charlton is not a particularly happy hunting ground for us.

Two draws in our next two and Millwall could be only 4 behind while Swindon have two home games next and then go to Wycombe.

But it''ll be fine, i''m sure. I think. Gulp.

"Millwall go to the pharmyard on Saturday - maybe Lee Clarke and co can do us a favour. "

Hope so... their results of late, makes them the most in form team IMHO.

[quote user="a1canary"]I''ll get rounded on for saying this but i can''t help the thoughts in the back of my head!! Our main creator and our main scorer are both out for Orient and a few are predicting a draw. If we do draw it becomes a mini slump with only one win in four. And then Charlton is not a particularly happy hunting ground for us. Two draws in our next two and Millwall could be only 4 behind while Swindon have two home games next and then go to Wycombe. But it''ll be fine, i''m sure. I think. Gulp.[/quote]

Yes I''m a bit worried too and think we''ll only get 1 point from our next two away games. We will miss Holt and the last game showed how much we missed Wes.

Have to say i''m a little nervous for the first time BUT i still feel we will do enough over the next month to go up,the team look very tired and slightly nervous at the moment but we have the points in the bag and we will win the next home game against Gillingham so a couple of draws away and we will be fine,remember the other teams will drop points at some point as well.

Just keep reminding yourself that even if we do drop a few points Charlton host Leeds in their penultimate fixture and Millwall host Swindon in their last. Only two of the four teams below us can take maximum points, and it''s unlikely they both will.

We will win at Orient and at home to Gillingham, all we need then is a point from one of the other three games.

Relax.

"I will fully relax when or if we are mathematically promoted, until then I remain guarded."

Ditto - this is FOOTBALL guys - we all know anything can happen... whether you can "see" it or not...

I''ve been unconvinced by our performances for quite a while now and, yes, I am also getting a little nervous. I am still confident of auto promotion but I am no longer sure about winning the title. We haven''t been winning  games emphatically for some considerable time now, even with both Hoolahan and Holt in the team together, and the term "scraping wins" comes to mind. It looks like we will stagger across the line but this is in sharp contrast to when we won the Championship title in 2003/2004 when we swept all others out of the way. IMO a win at Orient is a must to calm the nerves and I would attack like hell from the start with Johnson, Elliott and Martin up front with the objective of gaining a 2 goal advantage early on rather than going 1-0 down and putting the emphasis on attack 15 minutes from the end.

I think you''re right Alf that we should go all out hell for leather to win at Orient. Withdrawing into our shells and trying to defend our position will only invite nervousness and a Leeds style capitulation!

Is Cody still out by the way?

[quote user="a1canary"]I think you''re right Alf that we should go all out hell for leather to win at Orient. Withdrawing into our shells and trying to defend our position will only invite nervousness and a Leeds style capitulation!

Is Cody still out by the way?[/quote]

Ashamed to admit it but I had forgotten about Cody ! I have been really nervous bout our defence for such a long time now, they never inspire confidence and I now always expect the worst from set pieces against us ! So, for Orient attack must be the best form of defence.

Yes a bit nervous. No easy games left now in my opinion, having to play 2 teams fighting relegation, another fighting to hold there place in the top 6 and Bristol who may just be relaxed enough to upset us for their last home game.  If we need something out of the Carlisle match it may be more than my nails I will be biting. I fear a loss at Charlton and Bristol. I’m not being negative, just nervous. Form doesn’t really count for much this time of the season. Beware of the end of season shocks. Remember we beat Man U late on. We should have beaten the Trannies and MK Donkeys. I know the ref beat us too but that can happen again. We could have scored 4 or 5 in both those games but there were good goal line clearances and good keeping. Not enough safety net games left for shocks!

Yes a bit nervous.

Won''t lose again this season maybe draw@ Charlton, to beat Orient, Gills, Rovers and Carlisle we will walk it. 

[quote user="pete"]Won''t lose again this season maybe draw@ Charlton, to beat Orient, Gills, Rovers and Carlisle we will walk it. [/quote]

I sure hope that don''t come back to bite you on your tooshy lol

I''m not nervous at all. It''s done and ....well, there''s no point in saying dusted as a lot you youngsters don''t know what dusting means.

You can tell how nervous everyone is by the amount of threads pointing out how many points we need and the various senerios.[:)]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]I''m not nervous at all. It''s done and ....well, there''s no point in saying dusted as a lot you youngsters don''t know what dusting means.[/quote]

I''m confident about gaining promotion, but definitely not complacent, and although promotion is the main objective I desperately want us to win the title and that, by no means, is done and dusted.

am shitting meself. Not felt like this since we got relegated outta the premier league, and i don''t like it OTBC

[quote user="Bogbrush"][quote user="a1canary"]I think you''re right Alf that we should go all out hell for leather to win at Orient. Withdrawing into our shells and trying to defend our position will only invite nervousness and a Leeds style capitulation!

Spot on Alf, I''m afraid - two more set pices did for us again last night. I really don''t understand why Lambert has been unable to sort out our defence or at least get it organised better for set pieces.

Ashamed to admit it but I had forgotten about Cody ! I have been really nervous bout our defence for such a long time now, they never inspire confidence and I now always expect the worst from set pieces against us ! So, for Orient attack must be the best form of defence.[/quote]

[quote user="Bogbrush"][quote user="a1canary"]I think you''re right Alf that we should go all out hell for leather to win at Orient. Withdrawing into our shells and trying to defend our position will only invite nervousness and a Leeds style capitulation!

Ashamed to admit it but I had forgotten about Cody ! I have been really nervous bout our defence for such a long time now, they never inspire confidence and I now always expect the worst from set pieces against us ! So, for Orient attack must be the best form of defence.[/quote]

Try again ! Spot on Alf, I''m afraid - two more set pieces did for us again last night. I really don''t understand why Lambert has been unable to sort out our defence or at least get it organised better for set pieces.

Tiny bit nervous? No, I''m cacking myself! I expect the grand total of zero points at The Valley. Our record against one of my least favourite London clubs has been abysmal over the years, so why should it change now? It looks like the slumbering Leeds have woken up again and so if my worst fears are realised on Saturday our comfortable lead at the top will be whittled down to all of 3 points. Wondrous!