Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

I have an illness! A sickness!

It''s called Norwich City!

Despite having increasing amounts of work and little cash I''m coming home for the Fulham game.  I can''t wait.  I miss my upper Barclay seat.

I have come to the conclusion that I make a pretty rubbish exile!  Even though I''m only an exile for 9 months of the year I can''t stand the whithdrawl symptoms of not getting to the footy.  Therefore I have to ask proper exiles who can''t get to FCR: How do you cope?  What''s your secret?  I try to feed my illness by coming on here everyday.  (Note:  Sorry if that p***es anyone off! I''m sure some posters I sick to the back teeth of me!)

Perhaps the Wiz could sort me out with a hex?  To, not stop my illness of course, but maybe curb it somewhat!?  

[quote]It''s called Norwich City! Despite having increasing amounts of work and little cash I''m coming home for the Fulham game. I can''t wait. I miss my upper Barclay seat. I have come to the conclusion...[/quote]

I suppose I can''t really be classed as an exile as I live in the City, but due to me having my children on Saturdays I can''t go to any of the Saturday games. I miss it so much though, that every home game I take them along and meet up with my mates in Squares for a pre match beer and soak up the atmosphere. Hardly miss a game when not on a Saturday though, even with midweek trips to Newcastle and Man City, plus Boro and Pompey to come in Christmas week.

I do get a little low, when everyone leaves to go off too the ground and I have to go back to my car knowing all I have got to look forward too, is good old Roy and highlights on Sky.

So, if you''re about DDiM come along to Squares and I''ll buy you a beer, Gazza will be there as well.

I know how you feel. Being in Spain though is not so bad as we get many premiership games but like you there is nothing like the real thing. Every day i like to read on the internet the football stories from pink un and football-rumours, which is funny, and bbc etc etc

I am coming back to Norwich this Friday to see family before Christmas, so i´ll probably be in the queue for the 200 tickets at 5.00am if anyone wants to bring me a coffee!

I have always been an exile so I am used to it. My Dad was originally from Norwich and took me to my first game when I was 9.

If I am not going to the game (I make it to about 6 games per year) I watch sky sports result service or Radio 5 or internet (usually a comindation of all 3). I still get nervous/excited at about 2.30pm on a Saturday and depressed/happy at 5pm.

You do have an illness DD. The clue is in you number of posts. Coming up to 2,500 - that''s insane!!!

Deserves some kind of medal though, definitely. Is anyone else near that number?

Once an exile.....

Seriously though it is all a question of life stage when you''re an exile.

When at University - worked hard to find the cash to go as often as possible: was based in Guildford so not a disaster. Met my wife to be at Uni, so first couple of years after had to focus on family commitments, especially as daughter number 1 came along. Then came The Premiership, and 2 seasons too good to miss - some stupid travelling/late nights etc later, some serious threats (and understandably) from my wife, then daughter no 2 appeared and I had to accept a quiet spell. Once son number 1 then appeared then (in spite of many attempts to use daughters 1 and 2 as an excuse for the day out with only limited interest on their part I''m afraid) the next life stage was only a matter of time away. He''s 11 now, we''ve had season tickets for a couple of years, travel everywhere most Saturdays and he''s mascot against Fulham.

My advice is simple - it''s a lifetime''s penance or blessing you''ve been given supporting NCFC - being an exile makes the ties even stronger, but you''ll just have to be philosophical that there will be times of low involvement and times of high.

[quote]It''s called Norwich City! Despite having increasing amounts of work and little cash I''m coming home for the Fulham game. I can''t wait. I miss my upper Barclay seat. I have come to the conclusion...[/quote]

DD: I''m terribly sorry, it is beyond even my amazing powers to cure you, or lessen the effect.

Once City (as you well know) get into your blood, that''s it.

Its permanent, and whilst, of course I have every sympathy for your obvious suffering, there is nothing, as I said that can be done.

But if its any comfort, there are thousands like you suffering.

Maybe you should consider joining the CA. ie. Canaries Anonymous.

I have, and I go to bloody Carrow Road!.

QUOTE: Maybe you should consider joining the CA. ie. Canaries Anonymous.

Wiz...... sir,

With all due respect, are you sure you''re not speaking of the "Canabis Anonymous" I noticed that your membership is up for renewal next week!! I followed your instructions and have signed up myself, cant have anything clouding my potential for mystic visions!!

On a more serious note:

Web team, I think DD should be awarded with some kind of "special balls", maybe crystal, silver, titanium, especially when the post count hits the 2500 mark!!

DumbleDeliaiM...why would you want to cure or curb that problem? It is a wonderful feeling to live, eat, sleep and breath Norwich City.

I''m on the Isle of Wight and thought I was on my own here until a few days ago when I saw a guy with a Norwich top on whilst I was driving through Newport. I clammered for the window like he was some kind of lost family member....now that is sick.

I only get to visit the south coast games usually so I am deprived.

Only CanariesWorld and Sky Sports News drip feed me.

Keep the pecker up Dumble! We love you!