Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Re: Charlton game on TV!!

There is quite a support in Sweden for the Canaries.

I should imagine the same applies for Charlton.

The Scandinavians as a whole have a history of  following English soccer. Chartered  and economy planes come over to the London games every week-end. The men go to the match and the pubs, the wives go shopping. Then they meet up in the pubs again afterwards for, what for them is, half price booze. Money saved on the shopping (often for mundane things like tins of gloss paint and wallpaper, and over the counter medicines) helps pay for a week-end away.

I know, I have a  friend fom Stockholm who does it regularly. They are experts in all aspects of this getaway. They are ruthless in their efficiency.

Drink around (opposite) Liverpool Street station after a Gunners home game. You will meet a very friendly bunch of Norwegians every time. They know their football.

don''t know why i''m asking for the address. when it gets to games like this i can never watch them. in our prem season when we got to those final few games and still had a chance of staying up, i went for a walk every saturday afternoon!

we played charlton in that period of games too. and won. at home. i can''t even recall the last time we won at the valley.anyone?

http://www.omtv.se/tabla/tv4_sport/?date=2

15.55 League one

Charlton Athletic möter Norwich City. Kommentator: Peter Backe.

[quote user="Henrik Sjöblom"]http://www.omtv.se/tabla/tv4_sport/?date=2

15.55 League one

Charlton Athletic möter Norwich City. Kommentator: Peter Backe.[/quote]with the unlaut, that möter sounds a little too much like "murder" to me...

can''t see it on any of the usaul sites.....fingers crossed for a link sat morning!

For anyone not in norfolk who can''t even listen to the game...bbc london have full commentary on the game, i think you can also get it through sky tv

[quote user="a1canary"] i can''t even recall the last time we won at the valley.anyone?[/quote]I wouldn''t swear to this but it looks like good news/bad news..We had a 4-4 draw there in 1996-97 and we beat Charlton 1-0 away in 1990, but that was when they were playing at Crystal Palace.I THINK the last win at The Valley was a 2-0 win as long ago as 1971-72...but then again that was the year we finished top of the table...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="a1canary"] i can''t even recall the last time we won at the valley.anyone?[/quote]I wouldn''t swear to this but it looks like good news/bad news..We had a 4-4 draw there in 1996-97 and we beat Charlton 1-0 away in 1990, but that was when they were playing at Crystal Palace.I THINK the last win at The Valley was a 2-0 win as long ago as 1971-72...but then again that was the year we finished top of the table...[/quote]Law of averages PC, law of averages ! [:)]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="a1canary"] i can''t even recall the last time we won at the valley.anyone?[/quote]I wouldn''t swear to this but it looks like good news/bad news..We had a 4-4 draw there in 1996-97 and we beat Charlton 1-0 away in 1990, but that was when they were playing at Crystal Palace.I THINK the last win at The Valley was a 2-0 win as long ago as 1971-72...but then again that was the year we finished top of the table...[/quote]Law of averages PC, law of averages ! [:)][/quote]Well I would happily settle for a nice quiet 4-4 draw![:D]

"It''s listed on the same P2P link site that showed the Colchester and Leeds games"

It''s not on my usual place... :(

Could you PM me your link?