Sign in to follow this  
canarytim

Huddersfield v Millwall The Big One

I think todays Huddersfield v Millwall game is in some ways is more important than our game at Charlton.

If Millwall fail to win, with the exception of Leeds, all our rivals will be at the very least 6 points behind us after Saturday''s games with only 9 points to play for.

I think even the most pessimistic City supporter (of which i am one ) must view this with optimism.

With 2 home game to come i couldn''t see even us mucking that up.

Leeds could still catch us for the title but the important goal of promotion would all but be achieved.

So c''mon Huddersfield !

Huddersfield win + Norwich win + Swindon loss = promotion.

Sounds so simple does''nt it. Even if Millwall win i cant see Swindon losing to Walsall.

A Swindon draw would do. Really they''re irrelevant in that scenario as even if they win they''re so far behind us on goal difference.

Of course, we all hope for a Huddersfield win because this would mean, with just another single Norwich victory, we are virtually guaranteed promotion. While Huddersfield have everything to play for ( if they lose they know by next Tuesday evening Southampton could be breathing down their neck ) Huddersfield have the tendency to be porous defensively while Millwall, on that front, are probably the toughest in the division. Millwall would be favoured I would think. So, both teams with everything to play for. I will be watching as I''m sure many of you will be.  

I think what is more relevant is that only one team have taken 3 points away from the Galpharm. So they are the best side in the league at home. God that team must have team must have been pretty good who beat them.....

If Huddersfield win I think this would improve our chances of getting something tomorrow. Not that the players need an incentive but knowing a win at Charlton would basically finish the job I think would inspire us. With or without Holt and Hooly.