Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Leyton Orient Stadium

[quote user="Canaries Utd"][quote user="A Change is Gonna Come"]Thought the ground was a bit unorthodox but quite liked it actually.There was certainly a decent atmosphere from their fans as well as ours,considering there was only about 7500 odd there.

I  can never see the point of a scoreboard apart from showing scores of other games.Surely there can''t be too many people attending a game who would forget what the score was?
[/quote]
Fair point, but its also nice to see a clock/count down timer for the match.
[/quote]

You could look at a watch.

[quote user="Slade"]

There is no scoreboard at BR. I have always wanted one, but my fellow Orientears feel it is tacky. I think it''s informative!

Pleased to know you like the ground. There isnt a gym above the seats in the main stand, they are the club offices and also more office space rented out by Mr Hearn. An NHS clinic is in the main stand too!

Even though three of the stands are breezeblock, cos of the corners being filled in, a top atmosphere can be created, demonstrated by Tuesday when the atmoshpere from both sets of fans was electric.

Pleased to see someone liking the stand you sat/stood in, which has been standing since the fifties, and used to be our old main stand. I sat there for 10 years before moving across, it is a wonderful stand, which from next year onwards is gonna house only away fans, much to the chagrin of our fans (usually the stand is split 5050 between away and home, but big followings obviously get the whole stand). It has has a wonderful gable on the top with "Leyton Orient" proudly emblazoned on the roof, but none of you saw that unless you were sat in the home ends.

[/quote]

Is there even a clock Slade? Nothing tacky about having a clock?

[quote user="K Lo"][quote user="Smudger"]I don''t believe that they had a scoreboard mate?
[/quote]

I can remember when we didn''t have a scoreboard at CR, then later we had just the one above the old Barclay End. They used to have two old boys walk round the perimeter of the pitch with a board with numbers hanging off it for the score and the time of the goal. [/quote]

I think you will find that the half time scores were on the big (manual) scoreboard at the River End adjacent to the old south Stand and on the boards just in front of the Barclay (main stand side as you looked at the Barclay).

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="A Change is Gonna Come"]Thought the ground was a bit unorthodox but quite liked it actually.There was certainly a decent atmosphere from their fans as well as ours,considering there was only about 7500 odd there.I  can never see the point of a scoreboard apart from showing scores of other games.Surely there can''t be too many people attending a game who would forget what the score was?[/quote]I think "Smith must score" had drunk so much last night that he may have thought it was 1972 again, let alone what the score was??? [:^)][/quote]

Hey Smudger....you seemed a bit merry!

[/quote]Glad to see you are still with us.I thought you got lost in Leyton?  Whatever happened to you???

[quote user="Slade"]

There is no scoreboard at BR. I have always wanted one, but my fellow Orientears feel it is tacky. I think it''s informative!

Pleased to know you like the ground. There isnt a gym above the seats in the main stand, they are the club offices and also more office space rented out by Mr Hearn. An NHS clinic is in the main stand too!

Even though three of the stands are breezeblock, cos of the corners being filled in, a top atmosphere can be created, demonstrated by Tuesday when the atmoshpere from both sets of fans was electric.

Pleased to see someone liking the stand you sat/stood in, which has been standing since the fifties, and used to be our old main stand. I sat there for 10 years before moving across, it is a wonderful stand, which from next year onwards is gonna house only away fans, much to the chagrin of our fans (usually the stand is split 5050 between away and home, but big followings obviously get the whole stand). It has has a wonderful gable on the top with "Leyton Orient" proudly emblazoned on the roof, but none of you saw that unless you were sat in the home ends.

[/quote]It was me that said that I loved the stand we were in... a proper old fashioned football stand... as youu say great for holding the atmosphere in, although I don''t think we got to test it to it''s full potential with the way that the match went.  Wish I could sit in a stand like this several times of every season.As for the scoreboard, I thought I was correct by saying you did not have one - I saw pictures in the local press of your "Leyton Orient" sign on the roof of the stand we occupied the following day.We had a nice chat with a couple of "O''s" fans on the tube on the way back to Redbridge and all bar our poor performance it was one of the more enjoyable of my 10 away trips this season.I also loved the days we have had at Hartlepool, Wycombe, Colchester and Oldham.what away trips have you enjoyed over the last few years in this league?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="A Change is Gonna Come"]Thought the ground was a bit unorthodox but quite liked it actually.There was certainly a decent atmosphere from their fans as well as ours,considering there was only about 7500 odd there.

I  can never see the point of a scoreboard apart from showing scores of other games.Surely there can''t be too many people attending a game who would forget what the score was?
[/quote]

I think "Smith must score" had drunk so much last night that he may have thought it was 1972 again, let alone what the score was??? [:^)]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Glad to see you are still with us.

I thought you got lost in Leyton?  Whatever happened to you???
[/quote]

You must be thinking of someone else......I didn''t get lost in Leyton.

Is there even a clock Slade? Nothing tacky about having a clock?

----------------------------------------------

Nope!! we don''t and I''d like one. Mr Hearn probably wouldnt spend the couple of thousand quid for one.

What away days do I enjoy? Southend obviously cos it''s our derby, Wycombe is quite nice, Southampton I enjoyed, as well as further afield, both Nottingham clubs, Exeter and Tranmere.

Have never been to Carrow Rd, but have been to Portman Rd for the cup. Didnt enjoy it much you''d be pleased to know.

Oh, after all my whingeing about away fans in the home ends, there were a couple of Ipswich fans, who were loving it. I was quite unimpressed tbh.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="A Change is Gonna Come"]Thought the ground was a bit unorthodox but quite liked it actually.There was certainly a decent atmosphere from their fans as well as ours,considering there was only about 7500 odd there.I  can never see the point of a scoreboard apart from showing scores of other games.Surely there can''t be too many people attending a game who would forget what the score was?[/quote]I think "Smith must score" had drunk so much last night that he may have thought it was 1972 again, let alone what the score was??? [:^)][/quote]

[/quote]Glad to see you are still with us.I thought you got lost in Leyton?  Whatever happened to you???[/quote]

[/quote]Well you vainshed like a puff of smoke in to the East London night as soon as we got in the ground.  Where did you disappear to???

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="A Change is Gonna Come"]Thought the ground was a bit unorthodox but quite liked it actually.There was certainly a decent atmosphere from their fans as well as ours,considering there was only about 7500 odd there.

[/quote]

I think "Smith must score" had drunk so much last night that he may have thought it was 1972 again, let alone what the score was??? [:^)]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Glad to see you are still with us.

I thought you got lost in Leyton?  Whatever happened to you???
[/quote]

[/quote]

Well you vainshed like a puff of smoke in to the East London night as soon as we got in the ground.  Where did you disappear to???
[/quote]

Ah thats because they wouldn''t let me in the A section with a C section ticket. Mind you the C section was nearer the few noisy Orient fans and where our defence went AWOL.

[quote user="Slade"]Is there even a clock Slade? Nothing tacky about having a clock?

----------------------------------------------

Nope!! we don''t and I''d like one. Mr Hearn probably wouldnt spend the couple of thousand quid for one.

What away days do I enjoy? Southend obviously cos it''s our derby, Wycombe is quite nice, Southampton I enjoyed, as well as further afield, both Nottingham clubs, Exeter and Tranmere.

Have never been to Carrow Rd, but have been to Portman Rd for the cup. Didnt enjoy it much you''d be pleased to know.

Oh, after all my whingeing about away fans in the home ends, there were a couple of Ipswich fans, who were loving it. I was quite unimpressed tbh.[/quote]I find that quite strange, most cluns get a sponsor to put a clock in, so it would be for free.No offence Slade, but i don''t want you coming to Carrow Road next year, as that would mean something has got severely WRONG.  Lets hope you draw us in a cup competition, i can honestly say without bias, that Carrow Road wipes its feet on Portaloo Road.