Sign in to follow this  
Beauseant

Will the sun rise tomorrow?

I''m as disappointed as anyone about last night''s result, but I can''t believe the defeatism on here at the moment. The world hasn''t  actually ended, we just lost a game of football. Yes, we''re struggling at the moment, but if you''d been offered being 6 points clear with 4 games left after the Colchester game would you not have taken it? The very same players that are being slagged off by some of you got us to this position, and will go on and finish the job. The sad thing is that, when they do, everybody will conveniently forget their loss of faith and want to join the party.

When Leeds went into freefall lots of posters were laughing at the commments on Waccoe, but are now saying the same sort of thing. Get a grip and keep the faith.

For the life of me B I can''t understand the immediate vitriol against individual players on here this morning. It was certainly depressing last night but from what I was watching it was nervous football made much worse by a rare tactical error from PL. We are capable of playing football with the squad we took to Orient last night. The only thing that concerns me is the same thing that has always concerned me. we weren''t in a position to be smug a week or two ago as a run of results such as we''ve picked up was always a possibility. It''s not paranoia - it''s football. If we want this we''ll have to go out and win it. I still think we can and I still think we will. And most importantly it will be those players who put us here in the first place who finish the job. But it was never going to be a walk over.

last nights result was a blip,we are obviously going through a bad spell,this is the time to hold our heads and get behind the team,there is no reason why we cant go out and get a result at charlton on saturday,we are not top of the league by luck,we are top because we are the best

hou die geloof OTBC

Agree the world hasn''t ended, its just disappointment creeping into people''s posts just after a loss. We haven''t been playing well just lately and expectations are high but it all goes to show that we shouldn''t start celebrating until we''re past the finishing posts.

We are still all behind them and willing them on but guess its ok to feel a bit worried when we''re having a wobble when we are so close.

Factoring in who plays whom, I think....

If Huddersfield beat Millwall on Friday (live on TV), then we''ll need 3 points from 4 games to ensure promotion. If Millwall draw, we''ll need 4 pts from our four. If Millwall win, we''ll need 6 pts. We''ve got two home games to come. We shall do it, whatever is required. Keep the faith. OTBC. And COME ON HUDDERSFIELD!

[quote user="cityangel"]

Agree the world hasn''t ended, its just disappointment creeping into people''s posts just after a loss. We haven''t been playing well just lately and expectations are high but it all goes to show that we shouldn''t start celebrating until we''re past the finishing posts.

We are still all behind them and willing them on but guess its ok to feel a bit worried when we''re having a wobble when we are so close.

[/quote]I think "creeping in" is a little bit of an understatement in some cases lol!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

I think "creeping in" is a little bit of an understatement in some cases lol!
[/quote]

People are the most upset just after we lose an important game Morty and say stuff they don''t mean, all we need to do now is stop argueing amongst us and get behind them.

Don''t worry Angel. I''d be very surprised if the team feel in any way under supported at the moment to be honest. There was a smattering of boos last night but nothing much more than frustration. Any minor in fighting on here is nothing compared to the bad old days.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

When Leeds went into freefall lots of posters were laughing at the commments on Waccoe, but are now saying the same sort of thing. Get a grip and keep the faith.

[/quote]I made a similar comment last night. Except for all the swearing,  this board right now is exactly the thing we have been laughing about on Waccoe for the past few months,

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

I made a similar comment last night. Except for all the swearing,  this board right now is exactly the thing we have been laughing about on Waccoe for the past few months,
[/quote]

Very much agreed! Well said Mr B! [Y]

And the greatest irony is that some of the people who were quick to post up Waccoe links, or say ''Leeds have lost, anyone fancy a trip to Waccoe?'' are the ones acting the most similarly to the Leeds fans. One person in particular springs to mind, but ill let others work out their own suspects.

[quote user="Romantic"]Don''t worry Angel. I''d be very surprised if the team feel in any way under supported at the moment to be honest. There was a smattering of boos last night but nothing much more than frustration. Any minor in fighting on here is nothing compared to the bad old days.
[/quote]

We can agree on that [:)]

I was there last night and it was deeply disappointing. Some of the stuff written on here since has been silly, but as a blood letting environment , you are going to get some reaction to that kind of performance. the shape was wrong and Orient closed down all of the space on what seemed a small pitch. It seemed to me (and I am only a level 2 coach so what do I know!) that we needed to make the pitch as big a possible , and the introduction of McNamee did that.

I promise I will keep the faith, but I think I might have to get through the Charlton game first! Can''t see us getting much there at this rate.

Yep. If we lose saturday and Millwall/Leeds both win then thats the time to start worrying. For now im thankful we built up such a good lead, coupled with the fact that other teams around us keep on dropping points (But like us, they have no divine right to win every game, and im sure they wont!) Frankly I think one more win will do it, but a Millwall win (Which I dont expect) on friday night really puts the pressure on us saturday.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

I''m as disappointed as anyone about last night''s result, but I can''t believe the defeatism on here at the moment. The world hasn''t  actually ended, we just lost a game of football. Yes, we''re struggling at the moment, but if you''d been offered being 6 points clear with 4 games left after the Colchester game would you not have taken it? The very same players that are being slagged off by some of you got us to this position, and will go on and finish the job. The sad thing is that, when they do, everybody will conveniently forget their loss of faith and want to join the party.

[/quote]

As a Pratchet fan you should realise that a sacrifice and the letting of blood is necessary to ensure the sun rises[:D]

Just a little worried that this blib could extend but "IN LAMBERT WE TRUST"

[:)]

I agree with the orginal post, a sizeable majority are over-reacting, however I personally will be in full scale panic mode if we don''t shrink the 5-6 points we need this weekend either by Millwall not winning or us getting a result.  I think it may be 2 draws which would make things pretty much settled.  However we are talking about fine margins here, both games will be v tight.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]what a total load of old poppy cock....surely now after last nights loss relegation is unavoidable[;)]

Totally agree Beau, not many teams storm a league these days and having seen most teams now, I can''t say any of them worry me too much.

Couldn''t agree more with your points on the Leeds site. Is this what the Pink Un is turning into?

This league is a marathon and there will be ups and downs. It''s nearly over for those without nerves of steel, try and enjoy, remember what happened last year and who was in charge? Just be grateful NCFC is well on the mend and on the way back to some respectability.

The sun''ll come out
Tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar
That tomorrow
There''ll be sun!
Just thinkin'' about
Tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs,
And the sorrow
''Til there''s none!
When I''m stuck with a day
That''s gray,
And lonely,
I just stick out my chin
And grin,
And say,
Oh
The sun''ll come out
Tomorrow
So ya gotta hang on
Tïll tomorrow
Come what may
Tomorrow!
Tomorrow!
I love ya
Tomorrow!
You''re always
A day
A way!

[quote user="leedscanary"]Well Beaus, you were nearly right. Apparantly the UK is about to grind to a halt because the Sky is falling![/quote]

I''m just waiting for the Met office to use it as an excuse for crap summer weather!

I do not agree with the slagging off of individual players, however I think it is perfectly reasonable for people to be concerned at our current form. I am one of those who believes one win from our last four games will be enough for promotion, and that we get at least that from our remaining games, that said the performance at Orient simply was not good enough. The original poster makes reference to the 7-1, opening day defeat, however the fact of the matter is that the expectation (and the backlash) stems from us being 11/12 points clear of 2nd place and winning for fun, not from a 7-1 opening day defeat. Not condoning all the doom and gloom but I can appreciate where the concerns are coming from and it is naive to think that there would not be a few negative posts/posters surfacing if our form dipped.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

I do not agree with the slagging off of individual players, however I think it is perfectly reasonable for people to be concerned at our current form. I am one of those who believes one win from our last four games will be enough for promotion, and that we get at least that from our remaining games, that said the performance at Orient simply was not good enough. The original poster makes reference to the 7-1, opening day defeat, however the fact of the matter is that the expectation (and the backlash) stems from us being 11/12 points clear of 2nd place and winning for fun, not from a 7-1 opening day defeat. Not condoning all the doom and gloom but I can appreciate where the concerns are coming from and it is naive to think that there would not be a few negative posts/posters surfacing if our form dipped.

[/quote]

Fair point SoB, but I wasn''t having a go at people being concerned (as I''m sure we all are, at least a little!), but rather the extreme "I''ve lost faith in Lambert", "We''re not going up", "Drop all the complacent players" nonsense. I''m off to Charlton on Saturday so I sincerely hope the performance is better than Tuesday! However, unlike the poster who has napped Charlton to beat us on the Free Bet this morning, I will go with faith in my team!

Perhaps one of the reasons for some posters'' violent mood swings is the importance of promotion THIS SEASON. IF we go up it will be our 13th promotion/relegation since the war. I would assess it as being easily among the three or four most significant, given current football economics, the possible creation of a Premier League Two and the implications generally for us as far as investment is concerned.I certainly regard it as more important than some of our promotions to and relegations from the top flight, and it could even be on a par with relegation from the Premier League at just the wrong time, in 1994-95, although there is even an argument there that we would have gone down sooner or later.

Good post SOB. While there is no doubt that League tables are decided by form throughout the season the fans mood is decided by the last game. This then influences our expectations for the next game. So defeat at Orient has us all expecting another at Charlton while praying we can get a result. A win at Charlton will have us all expecting another against Gillingham. But a loss and suddenly Gillingham will become a very difficult game and we will doubt our ability to win it. I hope Paul Lambert can motivate the team to leave the last game firmly in the past and concentrate on the next game, which is all that matters now.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

[/quote]

Fair point SoB, but I wasn''t having a go at people being concerned (as I''m sure we all are, at least a little!), but rather the extreme "I''ve lost faith in Lambert", "We''re not going up", "Drop all the complacent players" nonsense. I''m off to Charlton on Saturday so I sincerely hope the performance is better than Tuesday! However, unlike the poster who has napped Charlton to beat us on the Free Bet this morning, I will go with faith in my team!

[/quote]

Show me one poster who has said "I have lost faith in Lambert" . Having faith in someone is one thing but having blind, unquestioning faith in anybody is unhealthy and just plain stupid. No one is perfect, far from it, and nor is Lambert. He''s a good young manager but far from the finished article. He would be the first to admit he has made mistakes, and has done in fact, so to swoon in admiration at his feet and ridicule those who from time to time question some of his choices and decisions a bit ignorant in my opinion. As for Charlton away on Saturday, my heart of course says at least a draw for us but my head says another capital defeat.