Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

Is Whitbreat THAT bad?

Well I would seriously put Doc up front with Martin, but many are saying we''d need Doherty in defence. I agree he''s probably our best Centre back, but is Whitbread up to the job? I believe he is, however many are surely saying he''s not good enough, thus the reason why we need Doc at the back. Anyway I''d like to try it on Saturday, bearing in mind Doherty used to be a striker for Premier League Spurs![:)]

[quote user="Brendo "]Well I would seriously put Doc up front with Martin, but many are saying we''d need Doherty in defence. I agree he''s probably our best Centre back, but is Whitbread up to the job? I believe he is, however many are surely saying he''s not good enough, thus the reason why we need Doc at the back.

Anyway I''d like to try it on Saturday, bearing in mind Doherty used to be a striker for Premier League Spurs!

[:)]
[/quote]

Lambert has already said Whitbread will be playing no more this season

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

[quote user="Brendo "]Well I would seriously put Doc up front with Martin, but many are saying we''d need Doherty in defence. I agree he''s probably our best Centre back, but is Whitbread up to the job? I believe he is, however many are surely saying he''s not good enough, thus the reason why we need Doc at the back. Anyway I''d like to try it on Saturday, bearing in mind Doherty used to be a striker for Premier League Spurs![:)][/quote]

[/quote]Really? [^o)] Why?

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Lambert is King"]

[quote user="Brendo "]Well I would seriously put Doc up front with Martin, but many are saying we''d need Doherty in defence. I agree he''s probably our best Centre back, but is Whitbread up to the job? I believe he is, however many are surely saying he''s not good enough, thus the reason why we need Doc at the back. Anyway I''d like to try it on Saturday, bearing in mind Doherty used to be a striker for Premier League Spurs![:)][/quote]

[/quote]Really? [^o)] Why?[/quote]Did you watch the Stockport game?

One game. He came here with a good reputation, as being Millwall''s best player last season?Surely he''s capable?

From evening news

Doherty returned in place of Zak Whitbread, who seems unlikely to play again this season.

“I''ve got to watch because he''s been out for 10 months, which is a long time,” said Lambert. “We can''t rush him back and him being fit is when he comes back in pre-season. Gary came in and was excellent.”

I always preferred Watneys (Red Barrel.)

On a lighter note, I think that Zak will become a permanent in the team, but that this won''t happen until next season because of his injuries and his need to settle into the team.

Whitebread is rated very highly, we all know that he has''nt played much since he picked up that injury playing for Millwall. I believe if fit he will hit very good form in the championship. It''s just about giving him abit of time !

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

[/quote]

I must have missed that, heard him say we have to be carefull with him as he hasn''t played much but has he actually said he''s out for the rest of the season?

Whitbread certainly isn''t bad for a back up player and has the potnetial to be a good CB for us, but at this moment in time the Doc and Nelson are better and much match fitter!

If we need the Docs input upfront then we''ll do what we done the other night!

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Lambert is King"]

[/quote]

I must have missed that, heard him say we have to be carefull with him as he hasn''t played much but has he actually said he''s out for the rest of the season?

[/quote]He doesn''t directly say it CA, just says that we''ll look to getting him more game time in Pre-Season

In the real world Whitbreads left foot is better than all 8 of Doc and Nelsons limbs put together but atm Whitbread has got no fitness or form while Doc/Nelse have a good understanding, a good run of games and an injury free season

I thought he looked ok before his time out with injury. Give the boy time. As with all players, you can''t expect superb performances every time they take to the pitch.

I think he has a lot of promise and am sure his ability will be seen next season. However he was truly awful when he recently played.