Sign in to follow this  
militantcanary

1 point tomorrow and its over

It looks like with that massive result tonight that we probably don''t need any more points at all to go up but a draw tomorrow will make us about 500-1 on.

1 point tomorrow will knock Charlton out of the equation.

Swindon will then need to win all 4 to come pass us and we would have to lose all 3, it this happened it would mean them beating Millwall knocking them out of the equation even if they (Millwall) win the next 2.

If Millwall win all 3 then they would pip us by 1 point, but only if we lost all 3. If we got 1 more point then it would go to goal difference with a swing of 7 against us required. 

Hope that''s not too complicated!

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]might I suggest that if we draw one and lose 3, and Milwall won there last three, a goald difference of 7 would fairly quickly evaporate ???!?!?[/quote]

I concur [;)]

To everyone who can''t understand that, 4 more points and we are definately promoted.  If Swindon lose tomorrow though we will only need 3.  But just keep thinking to make it simple, 4 more points and we are up!

If Millwall make up a GD of 7 they would have to do it in 5 games 2 losses from us and 3 wins from them (assuming we draw the other game), so 7 is just about catchable I agree.

We don''t need 4 points however ( even if we do on paper) as Swindon would have to overhaul what is I think 18 GD!!  Ie we would have to lose by 4 to 2/3 left after tomorrow!!!  That is not happening in any scenario.

The bottom line is that if we can''t get 3 points then we need shooting, we have gone back to 50-1 on with the only bookmakers taking bets.

Just like to point out your maths cant be your strong point, if we get a point tomorrow we would only be 8points ahead of Millwall!Thus your theory of us losing the last 3 and them winning the last 3 would leave us 1point behind them. goal differene wouldn''t ome into itAdd up before you post.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Re the goal difference comment, it would depend on how many we lose by and how many Millwall win by, if we lost three games 1-0 and they won three games 1-0, we would still have a better goal difference!![/quote]

I wasn''t talking about Millwall because if we win tomorrow then thats them out of the picture.  I was talking about Swindon and I know they would have to win each game about 5-0 and we would have to lose by quite a lot but I was just saying that mathematically 4 points and we are definate up not 3.

Oh and by the way, we need 7 points to definate be champions if Leeds win all their games.

Perhaps you should read the original again, it says they would "pip us by 1 point", next bit talks about GD.

And if we are being overly picky, I could say; consult a dictionary before you post!